Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm under treatment for high blood pressure which is something that makes me more vulnerable to Covid 19, but it seems I've got plenty of company. Apparently 31 per cent of adult men and 26 per cent of adult women in England have it and half of them are not receiving treatment. When it comes to diabetes one in sixteen people in the UK are now reckoned to have the condition. While I daresay many of them (myself included) have not done themselves any favours with the lifestyles they've led in their lives, the idea that all of them do not somehow count in any analysis of the severity of this illness (which I presume is the completely discredited line Gluey is trying to spin even though his poster boy appears to have finally grasped how serious the situation is in his country) is both laughable and pathetic.
I'm in an at risk group too, but I don't necessarily see the possible collapse of the global economic system as being a viable solution either. Covid-19 will still be here after a month, and it will return again in winter. The boffins need to get their thinking caps on quickly.