+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Re: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Very damning piece.

The only positive thing to come out of this article, is that hopefully he will not be re-elected back into office

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The only positive thing to come out of this article, is that hopefully he will not be re-elected back into office
    He almost certainly will be re-elected

At the moment Trump is still supposedly rated very highly rated by US citizens. I suspect this attitude will change as rapidly as the spread of COVID-19 over there. He will certainly be blaming everyone else as has been his style but this is one area where he will not be able to bluff his way out. The ultimate irony would be that at 73 years of age he succumbs to the virus.

Apparently the Chinese health director was on the phone to the us in tears on January 1st saying how bad it was there

Two weeks after the first case in Washington, the us secretary health asked for $2bn of supplies and trump cut it by 75%. A couple of days later the us sent supplies to china.

On feb 10th, as the article says, trump proposed cutting the CDC budget.

And so much more, not even mentioning all his public lying and general terrible advice, and hostile criticism of American officials. He's said no one could possibly know this would happen, having had a handover from Obama specifically on a pandemic like this.

The worst is to come in America, not just the cases themselves but the health care bills, the unhappy and desperate people with guns. It's not all Trump's fault but hes made it a lot worse than it needed to be. Pretty much every time he's opened his mouth or Twitter account he has made things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

I'm hardly alone, am I? I have the company of the President of the United States, Commander-in-Chief, leader of the free world (blah and more blah) articulating the same, which is the consequences of an economic and financial meltdown could prove to be more devastating than what Covid-19 might do.
    Makes this even funnier mind

That article sums up what many outside the US and plenty inside it think, but when you consider that the outbreak in the US is centred upon New York, Trump's current high approval ratings are probably down to the fact that most Americans are hearing and reading an awful lot about Covid 19, but not seeing a great deal of local evidence in terms of people infected and dying yet to justify all of the activity. That will surely change in the coming weeks and, with nearly everyone thinking that the time will come before the November election date where the first wave of the virus can be analysed that you'll get a true idea of how countries stack up against each other in terms of its impact. Although it's a sobering read at times, this site

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

does a great job in allowing you to see trends and the early signs are that America will not compare that favourably to other countries - Trump will, surely suffer, in November if this is maintained.

The latest Trumpism to make me smile was when he asked a reporter if they knew the population of Seoul. Trump then answered himself with a figure of 38m. Apparently Seoul has a population of 7/8m or 25m in the greater Seoul area. The 38m comes from its height above sea level which it suggested he misread from Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    The latest Trumpism to make me smile was when he asked a reporter if they knew the population of Seoul. Trump then answered himself with a figure of 38m. Apparently Seoul has a population of 7/8m or 25m in the greater Seoul area. The 38m comes from its height above sea level which it suggested he misread from Wikipedia
    Trump can read??

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Apparently the Chinese health director was on the phone to the us in tears on January 1st saying how bad it was there
    Is that tearful Chinese health director at all linked to the Chinese government who later in Jan told WHO there were no person to person infections?

Staggering that hate for Trump means people want to conveniently avoid apportioning blame to the correct people.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Is that tearful Chinese health director at all linked to the Chinese government who later in Jan told WHO there were no person to person infections?

Staggering that hate for Trump means people want to conveniently avoid apportioning blame to the correct people.
    If you've taken my post as some kind of defense for China, then I'm afraid you've misinterpreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Did you see his sequence of tweets quoting a piece saying that "Trump is a ratings hit" because millions of people are tuning in to his briefings, more than The Bachelor etc? Millions of people watching the President because they're worried about what the future holds for them and their loved ones and he's there glorying about his viewing figures. Honestly, he's the biggest piece of shit

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20570315018240

If you've taken my post as some kind of defense for China, then I'm afraid you've misinterpreted it.
    "Tearful Chinese health director ( apparently )" is a tad emotive, eh?

All that in my post and you're focusing on this. Well ok.

It's supposed to be isn't it? It shows how bad the whole thing was.

You're like other posters banging on about the economy, we already know China is corrupt and surpresses info. We all already know that, it doesn't make info like this any less valid, if anything it makes it more so.

I don't see how you can read that post and turn it into this without a complete lack of comprehension.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates the diagnostic tests and will control any new treatments for coronavirus, has also shown vulnerabilities. The agency recently indicated that it was looking into the possibility of prescribing the malaria drug chloroquine for coronavirus sufferers, even though there is no evidence it would work and some indication it could have serious side-effects.

The decision dismayed experts, given that Trump has personally pushed the unproven remedy on a whim. It smacked of the wave of anti-science sentiment sweeping federal agencies under this presidency.
    Seems like Trump watches the same youtube videos as the ccmb brain trust.

Think you might need to change your username to ‘tell it like I see it’

All that in my post and you're focusing on this. Well ok.
    Sets the tone of your post.

End of the day, Trump is a tosser but it's amazing some prefer to slag him than the cause of the virus, who lied to WHO - lies which led governments to take a different approach than would have been taken if the full nature of the virus was known. I'd say that deserves more abuse than Trump does over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's supposed to be isn't it? It shows how bad the whole thing was.

You're like other posters banging on about the economy, we already know China is corrupt and surpresses info. We all already know that, it doesn't make info like this any less valid, if anything it makes it more so.

I don't see how you can read that post and turn it into this without a complete lack of comprehension.
    Yeah pretty much that. We have standards and expectations for China and the US. We all know China will put stuff under the rug, and so they did until they couldn't do it any more. Being aware of that isn't excusing that.

As for the US, having a president playing a game of 'save my skin' for weeks while things quickly get worse is not what we expect at all.

One is doing what it's always done, one is behaving in a new and pretty foul way. So no wonder why the focus is on the latter.

End of the day, Trump is a tosser but it's amazing some prefer to slag him than the cause of the virus, who lied to WHO - lies which led governments to take a different approach than would have been taken if the full nature of the virus was known. I'd say that deserves more abuse than Trump does over this.
    See my previous post, and probably you should take a look at the thread title. Start a thread about China and you'll have no one disagreeing with you.

Seems like pointless whataboutism to me. Both can be blamed for different things.

China covered it up, Trump has reacted poorly. Plenty of countries have managed to react well despite how China reacted so why is Trump free of criticism?

China covered it up.

Caused basically entire world to be infected / exposed to infection.

I can't recall Chinese leaders receiving the amount of abuse Trump has despite far, far worse crimes. Indeed, I've seen many Labour fans of social media posting a picture claiming China are helping us.

No Trump fan but it seems many are relishing this to pile on him.

China covered it up. we know

Caused basically entire world to be infected / exposed to infection.

I can't recall Chinese leaders receiving the amount of abuse Trump has despite far, far worse crimes. Indeed, I've seen many Labour fans of social media posting a picture claiming China are helping us. labour fans? How old are you ffs

No Trump fan but it seems many are relishing this to pile on him. it’s because he’s a **** and had done something that deserves criticism
    Start a thread about China, we all know what they’ve done it’s been said a thousand times.

Labour fans