+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunderland til i die

Sunderland til i die

series 2 out tomorrow.
    Watching series 1 now. Griping viewing.
    What agreedy twta Jack rodwell is. I hope he never plays for us.

Re: Sunderland til i die

Can’t wait for that 👌

By far the best of the recent fly on the wall football series for me.

The manager is quite good, story of Bobby Robson

Massive club

30000 in the old division three

Currently watching series 2 which has just started today. Really good.

I loved the term, griping viewing, puts a whole new, stomach churning twist on it

Just watched the first two episodes of season two, well up to the first season's level so far.

Watched the first episode, god that posh guy is such a ****

Don't know why but I have always disliked Lewis Grabban, perhaps it was just that he was a good player who never played for us.

Since watching STID though, my dislike of him has gone up ten fold.
    Coleman comes in and starts to turn the club around and he decides he wants out becase he was too good to be substituted.
    Not only that he taunts the fans after scoring for Villa thus helping them on their way to relegation.
    He then proceeds to taunt them again in his subsequent interview.

Horrible man whose type I do not want to see playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Watched the first episode, god that posh guy is such a ****
    Posh guy who frequently uses the "F" word in his meetings and presentations.
    Doesn't endear himself to anyone.

The new owner reminds me of Ricky Gervais, David Brent style.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Posh guy who frequently uses the "F" word in his meetings and presentations.
    Doesn't endear himself to anyone.

The new owner reminds me of Ricky Gervais, David Brent style.
    Exactly what I said about both of them.

That guy is definitely swearing for the cameras, such a tool. Reminds me of barry homeowner.

There was a lady who was in charge of all of the Trade Marks department in the Patent Office when I worked there who had an entry in Who's Who, as did many other members of her family, who spoke with a very posh accent yet would eff and blind like nobody's business when she was addressing her staff in a meeting. Quite a few people were offended at this and no one I spoke to was impressed with it, but the general consensus was that she was talking like that because she thought that was what we did in such situations, but, although you would hear the occasional strong expletive an a staff meeting, I never came across anyone in all my working life who spoke like she did.

Having watched the whole series, if you're not keen on that guy after a couple of episodes, you're going to be even less enamoured with him by the end of it.

The second series is less football based than the first and if you weren't aware of how Sunderland's season went, you would be thinking that they won virtually every game they played during the first half of the season - it is only in the final episode that you start hearing about all of the draws which were to cost them dear in the end.

I would have liked to have seen more football action, but the emphasis was more on the people in charge of the club this time - not that this made it any less watchable and I ended up thinking that the main man (who I quite warmed to) was going to make himself very ill, or worse, if he carried on for another season.

^^^^^^^

**SPOILER ALERT**

TOBW post

I've watched the first two episodes of the new series and the posh sidekick is the archetypal sort of person I can't stand. His cocking around to get the pre match music louder and louder is all I need to see to know he's an arse.

And are the episodes shorter than series 1?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was a lady who was in charge of all of the Trade Marks department in the Patent Office when I worked there who had an entry in Who's Who, as did many other members of her family, who spoke with a very posh accent yet would eff and blind like nobody's business when she was addressing her staff in a meeting. Quite a few people were offended at this and no one I spoke to was impressed with it, but the general consensus was that she was talking like that because she thought that was what we did in such situations, but, although you would hear the occasional strong expletive an a staff meeting, I never came across anyone in all my working life who spoke like she did.

Having watched the whole series, if you're not keen on that guy after a couple of episodes, you're going to be even less enamoured with him by the end of it.

The second series is less football based than the first and if you weren't aware of how Sunderland's season went, you would be thinking that they won virtually every game they played during the first half of the season - it is only in the final episode that you start hearing about all of the draws which were to cost them dear in the end.

I would have liked to have seen more football action, but the emphasis was more on the people in charge of the club this time - not that this made it any less watchable and I ended up thinking that the main man (who I quite warmed to) was going to make himself very ill, or worse, if he carried on for another season.

I have watched l 4 episodes of series 2 so far and it is nowhere near as interesting as the first series, maybe as the season covered in the first series was such a disaster.

Some of it is quite illuminating (posh bloke, the chairman ‘negotiating’ to buy Will Grigg 🤦*♂️) but other than that it has been a bit dull.

Hopefully it will pick up a bit.

(I can’t believe that posh bloke ACTUALLY wears read trousers - he is like a parody of himself)

Some of my mates that support Sunderland hate Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven.

I think having watched it the general view from them is that Stewart Donald at least came across as trying to do the right thing even though he was a bit out of his depth (Signing Grigg for about £1.5m more than Jack Ross said he was worth for example). That Charlie Methven is getting torn to pieces though and rightly so as he comes across awfully. Rude to staff, shouting at women, moaning at the ticket office staff for leaving a minute early. The clips of him watching the football next to his wife were painful. Agree with the David Brent references, I think he loved the camera being on him but is that out of touch that he didn't realise he was coming across an absolute prat.

About 4 eps in at the moment, not as good as the first series for me.

^^^^^^^

**SPOILER ALERT**

TOBW post
    I take it you're joking? Is there anybody on here who really is unaware of what happened to Sunderland at the end of last season?

Don't know why but I have always disliked Lewis Grabban, perhaps it was just that he was a good player who never played for us.

Since watching STID though, my dislike of him has gone up ten fold.
    Coleman comes in and starts to turn the club around and he decides he wants out becase he was too good to be substituted.
    Not only that he taunts the fans after scoring for Villa thus helping them on their way to relegation.
    He then proceeds to taunt them again in his subsequent interview.

Horrible man whose type I do not want to see playing for us.
    Never really rated him.
    Average championship player with no real future

Heisenberg

Binged the series last night. Not as good as the first one but still entertaining nonetheless.

As for Charlie from London... Did he remind anyone else of Alistair Macgowan but if he was doing a stereotypical post twat who thinks he's also a bit of a lad.

The way he swore at the woman about getting the attendance figures during the Bradford game was shocking. He's a walking tribunal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I take it you're joking? Is there anybody on here who really is unaware of what happened to Sunderland at the end of last season?
    Well I would agree with you that most people knew what ultimately happened but you have provided your opinion of the whole series.
    In the first series, even though I knew that Sunderland were ultimately relegated, I was with those fans (some of them not all), kitman, groundsman and chefs willing them to succeed. I put away my West Wales prejudice with Chis Coleman coming across really well and I had locked the inevitable away in a dark cupboard in the memory.

Anyway, I wouldn't go so far as to say you have ruined it for everyone but with the series released barely 2 days, it would have been nice to have watched it all first thus allowing us to form an opinion and comment ourselves.

Well I would agree with you that most people knew what ultimately happened but you have provided your opinion of the whole series.
    In the first series, even though I knew that Sunderland were ultimately relegated, I was with those fans (some of them not all), kitman, groundsman and chefs willing them to succeed. I put away my West Wales prejudice with Chis Coleman coming across really well and I had locked the inevitable away in a dark cupboard in the memory.

Anyway, I wouldn't go so far as to say you have ruined it for everyone but with the series released barely 2 days, it would have been nice to have watched it all first thus allowing us to form an opinion and comment ourselves.
    Just finished series 2 and definitely not as good as the first - seeing a struggling team go down is always going to be more dramatic than a team just missing out on promotion.

There is the occasional insight but nowhere near the interesting content in S1.

That Charlie executive director fella is not the most popular of people on twitter at the moment.

The posh guy could learn how to talk to people without being a prick, but his points were bang on. The marketing team looked a shambles, so disinterested and seemingly fine with the disaster Sunderland had found themselves in. Their job is to try and pull lapsed fans back but the negativity from the Irish woman 'Not a chance we'll get 40k', just sums up the work culture that he was criticising.

Stewart Donald, jesus **** where to start with him. He was an emotional mess that can't run a football club, the Will Grigg disaster was painful viewing.

I feel bad for their fans, it was fun to laugh when they were relegated back to back but after viewing both seasons of the show I really pity them. So much has gone wrong at that club in such a short period of time I do wonder if they will manage to recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The posh guy could learn how to talk to people without being a prick, but his points were bang on. The marketing team looked a shambles, so disinterested and seemingly fine with the disaster Sunderland had found themselves in. Their job is to try and pull lapsed fans back but the negativity from the Irish woman 'Not a chance we'll get 40k', just sums up the work culture that he was criticising.

Stewart Donald, jesus **** where to start with him. He was an emotional mess that can't run a football club, the Will Grigg disaster was painful viewing.

I feel bad for their fans, it was fun to laugh when they were relegated back to back but after viewing both seasons of the show I really pity them. So much has gone wrong at that club in such a short period of time I do wonder if they will manage to recover from it.
    You are right about the marketing team and that woman in particular. They were just coasting along and posho injected some realism into what their job entailed and how they needed to behave.

He may not have done it the right way, but his message was right. Clearly it wasn’t for some (that woman for example).

The Will Grigg transfer ‘negotiation’ was just embarrassing.

And it always amazes me how many people these clubs employ. Maybe lots are contractors but the overheads are/were massive: they said that they saved £60k on training ground maintenance (or something) and the travel budget went from £400k to £100k. What was that money being spent on?! And the recovery chamber that no one used?

How did any of that happen???!!!!