+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunderland til i die

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sunderland til i die

The posh guy could learn how to talk to people without being a prick, but his points were bang on. The marketing team looked a shambles, so disinterested and seemingly fine with the disaster Sunderland had found themselves in. Their job is to try and pull lapsed fans back but the negativity from the Irish woman 'Not a chance we'll get 40k', just sums up the work culture that he was criticising.

Stewart Donald, jesus **** where to start with him. He was an emotional mess that can't run a football club, the Will Grigg disaster was painful viewing.

I feel bad for their fans, it was fun to laugh when they were relegated back to back but after viewing both seasons of the show I really pity them. So much has gone wrong at that club in such a short period of time I do wonder if they will manage to recover from it.

Re: Sunderland til i die

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The posh guy could learn how to talk to people without being a prick, but his points were bang on. The marketing team looked a shambles, so disinterested and seemingly fine with the disaster Sunderland had found themselves in. Their job is to try and pull lapsed fans back but the negativity from the Irish woman 'Not a chance we'll get 40k', just sums up the work culture that he was criticising.

Stewart Donald, jesus **** where to start with him. He was an emotional mess that can't run a football club, the Will Grigg disaster was painful viewing.

I feel bad for their fans, it was fun to laugh when they were relegated back to back but after viewing both seasons of the show I really pity them. So much has gone wrong at that club in such a short period of time I do wonder if they will manage to recover from it.
    You are right about the marketing team and that woman in particular. They were just coasting along and posho injected some realism into what their job entailed and how they needed to behave.

He may not have done it the right way, but his message was right. Clearly it wasn’t for some (that woman for example).

The Will Grigg transfer ‘negotiation’ was just embarrassing.

And it always amazes me how many people these clubs employ. Maybe lots are contractors but the overheads are/were massive: they said that they saved £60k on training ground maintenance (or something) and the travel budget went from £400k to £100k. What was that money being spent on?! And the recovery chamber that no one used?

How did any of that happen???!!!!