+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good neighbours

Good neighbours

Today my next door neighbour shouted over the fence if we ever need any supplies just to knock his door.There are some great people out there.

Re: Good neighbours

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Today my next door neighbour shouted over the fence if we ever need any supplies just to knock his door.There are some great people out there.
    I got 5 slabs of Bow,collection only from the Townhill aera.

That's when good neighbors become good friends.

But what about social distancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I will be down later,you will know me i will be the one with a Cardiff shirt on.

I will be down later,you will know me i will be the one with a Cardiff shirt on.
    And only four fingers on each hand.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

He would have to leave it at the door as the Mrs is on a twelve week lockdown.

Our elderly neighbours (me and the Mrs are 68 and 69 ) just popped some homemade Welsh cakes in

Unfortunately I’m gluten free and can’t eat um, but the Mrs is filling her face

I was about to ask if Townhill still had the reputation that it had in the 80s and 90s, or had it been 'gentrified' since, but then realised that you had five slabs of Bow and my question was answered.

Have you got “Hot Dogs” for tea

Let's all look out for those who elderly and vulnerable, it makes you feel good doing something extra .

Just ran a much needed prescription errand for my elderly neighbour .

He was so grateful.

Put everyone's bins out in a hurry today as just heard the dustbin lads are doing the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I was about to ask if Townhill still had the reputation that it had in the 80s and 90s, or had it been 'gentrified' since, but then realised that you had five slabs of Bow and my question was answered.
    Its worse up here now the kids are nutters.The little kents will pull a knife on you at a drop of a hat.

Besides doing shopping for a 90 year old lady about a mile away I volunteered to be on standby for twenty (half of the houses) in my street. Unfortunately, I have all the bungalows and it could get rather busy due to the age profile of the occupants.

Only now they are asking? Better late than never I suppose.

Been looking after the old girl next door, checking in on her every day and picking her some bits up. I’ve agreed to mow her lawn (that’s not a euphemism!) when it warms up. She caught me lovely with that one.

Its nice that there is some more community spirit being shown.

As per usual it’s the working class mucking in and looking out for one another. It’s a shame the same can’t be said of some of the more wealthy.

A couple opposite us in Rumney only moved in about 6 months ago and they left a note for us offering any help we required. They've got my missus' meds from the chemist and bought us some milk to tide us over until our online order arrives. Wonderful people who we greatly appreciate and who we will definitely invite over for a drink with us when this thing is over. I can't praise people like this enough. It's quite humbling.

Done some shopping for some housebound neighbours and popped our phone number through some doors if elderly neighbours.
    Will help whilst we can but you never know it could be us needing help down the line.

Its worse up here now the kids are nutters.The little kents will pull a knife on you at a drop of a hat.
    Probably just trying to cut you out of the Brambles after your second slab of Bow, Max. Don' t be too hard on them!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Probably just trying to cut you out of the Brambles after your second slab of Bow, Max. Don' t be too hard on them!
    They feck with me Cyril and they meet my mates Smith and Wesson

if only it was that easy life would be so much better

sNiPEr

Heartwarming stuff ^^^^

Just a friendly wave each morning helps to make a better day

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

A friend of mine had to have a blood test this morning due to an ongoing condition she has and on her way back from the medicalcentre she saw a couple going at it hammer and tongs in the back seat of a car - at ten to nine this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A friend of mine had to have a blood test this morning due to an ongoing condition she has and on her way back from the medicalcentre she saw a couple going at it hammer and tongs in the back seat of a car - at ten to nine this morning.
    Was one of them a Carpenter and the other a Hairdresser?

Some nice acts of community spirit displayed in this thread. Well done to you all.

The Syrian refugee family we are looking after (or rather were, as we can't go and see them now of course as we are in the 70+ category) have offered to do the food shopping for us as we can't.