+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why is this Virus Worse in Spain & Italy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why is this Virus Worse in Spain & Italy?

My theory no proof:

We may manage flu like viruses better via our DNA.
    We have less elderly.
    Quality of life for elderly better in UK than in rural parts of Italy and Spain.
    Better health services.
    More disposable income to support a varied diet
    Better public health than the outer rural areas of Spain and Italy.
    Its vastness of land , may hinder health care reach

It is interesting that the UK and Germany are coping better I would hazard a guess if has better benefits than a number of European countries .

These are just thoughts, probably wrong .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My theory no proof:

We may manage flu like viruses better via our DNA.
    We have less elderly.
    Quality of life for elderly better in UK than in rural parts of Italy and Spain.
    Better health services.
    More disposable income to support a varied diet
    Better public health than the outer rural areas of Spain and Italy.
    Its vastness of land , may hinder health care reach

It is interesting that the UK and Germany are coping better I would hazard a guess if has better benefits than a number of European countries .

You think we have a more varied diet than the Mediterranean countries?

You then compare Germany (rigorous testing) with the UK. Laughable.

Isn’t the reason that they have a larger older generation down to their better diet & lifestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Isn’t the reason that they have a larger older generation down to their better diet & lifestyle?
    Quite likely, and the fact that most other European Countries haven't worked as many hours as us, and maybe because it seems (especially in the Latin Countries) That they get more enjoyment and spend more time together with family members, not just at pissed up events like us Brits (a bit general, i know) Although i once heard a comedian say that he went to India and met a man who was 98 years old, had one tooth and slept in a bin, so who knows...

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No

All the youngsters have fkd off to find work leaving behind half empty towns and villages almost depopulated some areas

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My theory no proof:

We may manage flu like viruses better via our DNA. Hilarious. Dangerous thinking, but hilarious
    We have less elderly. Less than Italy but figures suggest we have more than Spain (we have a slightly lower amount of elderly as a percentage of the population but we have a larger population than them by approximately 20m
    Quality of life for elderly better in UK than in rural parts of Italy and Spain. On what basis did you concoct that theory? Either you don't know what 'rural' means or you've never seen what rural Italy and Spain look like. That's a quality of life that I'd dream of. Also you're comparing the quality of life in an entire nation to rural areas of others - that doesn't work unless the other countries are entirely consisted of 'rural' areas
    Better health services. We're miles behind Italy and Spain in terms of health services. Just Google any variation of 'best healthcare systems in the world' and see the evidence for yourself.
    More disposable income to support a varied diet Why does disposable income suggest a varied diet? The obesity rates in the UK are much higher than Italy and Spain - so looks like you're wrong again... unless a 'varied diet' means getting a boneless bucket instead of a big mac on occasion
    Better public health than the outer rural areas of Spain and Italy. Are you saying the entire UK has better public health than the "outer rural areas of Spain and Italy" or that the 'outer rural areas of the UK having better public health than the outer rural areas of Spain and Italy". Also, what's an outer rural area?
    Its vastness of land , may hinder health care reach Vastness of land???

It is interesting that the UK and Germany are coping better I would hazard a guess if has better benefits than a number of European countries .Is the UK coping better or are we just a few weeks behind Italy in terms of dealing with the virus? The figures suggest the latter, unfortunately.

As said previously... so, so wrong.