+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you missing the most?

Re: What are you missing the most?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    face time help ? ? ?

I purchased my old mum a iphone so we can face time, she can see her granddaughters new car, the work we are doing on the bungalow, its arrived and ive set it up on a 3 pay as you go contract , all good so far then i realised my mums front door letterbox is a little small and will not be big enough for the iphone, so not sure what we will do now
    Judging by your posts on here, i'm surprised your mum hasn't blocked the Letterbox up completely

(Disclaimer) That was a joke.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    face time help ? ? ?

I purchased my old mum a iphone so we can face time, she can see her granddaughters new car, the work we are doing on the bungalow, its arrived and ive set it up on a 3 pay as you go contract , all good so far then i realised my mums front door letterbox is a little small and will not be big enough for the iphone, so not sure what we will do now
    Put it on the step, tell mum though the door its you and to open the door, then step well back while she picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    My very first concert was Simple Minds at Wembley Arena in 84. Haven't seen them since but think I should.
    Missing Nick Cave next month but hopefully it will be rearranged .
    I saw Simple Minds in the last 2 or 3 years. They're not my favorite band by any means, but it was a cracking show.

I've already missed The Murder Capital and APB. Looks like I'm going to miss the Dandy Warhols too. I don't really expect to see any bands in 2020 the way things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Judging by your posts on here, i'm surprised your mum hasn't blocked the Letterbox up completely

(Disclaimer) That was a joke.
    she might have

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Put it on the step, tell mum though the door its you and to open the door, then step well back while she picks it up.
    I would have done that, but I live over 1 and 1/2 hours away i shouldnt really be driving that distance

I might send it to nextdoor and ask him to pop is on the rear wall for her

I do it between doing something else. I had a skip delivered yesterday, **** knows what i'm going to put in it
    This made me laugh out loud

International

I do it between doing something else. I had a skip delivered yesterday, **** knows what i'm going to put in it
    If you left it outside your house it must behalf full by now. Any matress in it yet?

If you left it outside your house it must behalf full by now. Any matress in it yet?
    I don't live in that kind of area, Thankyou

International

I in that kind of area, Thank you
    When I lived in the N East of England I lived in an area where, when I had a skip outside my house because I was having a new bathroom and kitchen fitted people were sneaking up in the night and taking things OUT of the skip. I actually looked out of my window one evening and 2 young guys doing it ran away, like I cared?

When I lived in the N East of England I lived in an area where, when I had a skip outside my house because I was having a new bathroom and kitchen fitted people were sneaking up in the night and taking things OUT of the skip. I actually looked out of my window one evening and 2 young guys doing it ran away, like I cared?
    It is a problem, usually the other way round, if we have a skip delivered outside a property then we usually get one with a locking system, still doesn't stop the bastards as they dump the shit by the side of the skip!

International

It is a problem, usually the other way round, if we have a skip delivered outside a property then we usually get one with a locking system, still doesn't stop the bastards as they dump the shit by the side of the skip!
    Um, I thought you didn't live in.... oh never mind.

I'm a part time nurse in the NHS and also manage a Nursing Home. I'm having to work extra hours.
    I'm missing my partner most.
    She's with her grown up children in another household, so I can't even see her.
    It's so painful not to be with her.
    It would make the absolutely awful and incredibly stressful times, a little more bearable!!
    There are people far worse off, the people with this terrible virus, the people who need important medical treatment that is being put off because of the virus, the people who are dying with the least amount of love and support from their loved ones because of the virus.
    For those who are going on about how wonderful this is for them, please just have some consideration for just how bad this really is for many!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    I'm a part time nurse in the NHS and also manage a Nursing Home. I'm having to work extra hours.
    I'm missing my partner most.
    She's with her grown up children in another household, so I can't even see her.
    It's so painful not to be with her.
    It would make the absolutely awful and incredibly stressful times, a little more bearable!!
    There are people far worse off, the people with this terrible virus, the people who need important medical treatment that is being put off because of the virus, the people who are dying with the least amount of love and support from their loved ones because of the virus.
    For those who are going on about how wonderful this is for them, please just have some consideration for just how bad this really is for many!!
    Who is saying that it's wonderful for them?

This might sound obvious but one thing I actually miss is normal news/normal sports news. When I have lunch at work I like to have a read of the BBC or Guardian sports app but everything is Corona related (understandably).

You spend all your time reading stuff about it, I miss normal articles and discussion about sports possibly more than I miss the actual sports themselves if that makes any sense

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This might sound obvious but one thing I actually miss is normal news/normal sports news. When I have lunch at work I like to have a read of the BBC or Guardian sports app but everything is Corona related (understandably).

You spend all your time reading stuff about it, I miss normal articles and discussion about sports possibly more than I miss the actual sports themselves if that makes any sense
    Being awash with coronavirus "news" is a bit like being awash with Brexit "news" and that went on for years. Lets hope this doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

It was a god send before i was laid off from work, I work in the buildings and The Covid outbreak was a great distraction from the usual racist, sexist, homophobic, shagging conversations that i've had to endure over the past 30 years, although the conversations did start off well intentioned they usually ended up with someone having a go at the chinese or foreigners in general. Below is a harry Enfield sketch which sums up quite perfectly how a conversation can end up in my workplace.

Nothing specifically really, not even the football.
    Just the fact that I cannot do what I want to when I want to and however long I want to.

That said what a spoilt fecker I must be.
    I have all the amenities one could wish for and still ain't happy.

We should be thankful for what we have.

I’m really enjoying today, me & the missus out the back in the sun, bit of music on, leg of lamb in the oven. No chance of her saying ‘ Can we nip here or there later? Don’t get too comfy’, I am missing my Sunday run through of yesterday's football though, reading & re reading the reports of our battering of the Wurzels yesterday.

I'm normally on my own in the daytime., my wife is a teaching assistant.

What I miss now is having decent TV progs on, even if they're recorded.
    Now I get shite she watches put on in the day.