+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you missing the most?

Re: What are you missing the most?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There are a few of us up here who take their dogs on longish walks to nearby villages, up into the woods etc, but when a friend of mine was stopped by a policeman and asked where he was going, he replied "taking the dog for a walk for an hour", only to be told "no you're not, make it half an hour". Therefore, my dog gets her daily exercise by walking back and for on the green outside my back garden a few times and then we go along by the local river for a while (the sound of all that is a lot better than the reality believe me!), the whole thing lasts about twenty minutes as I walk about three quarters of a mile for my allowed "exercise" period.

As for what I miss most? Simple, things feeling "normal".
    That seems a bit mad, there's no limit on walking outside is there?

International

My wife is a social media addict and last night she was telling me something she saw amusing about the lockdown in Italy. They are not allowed out except if they have a dog they can take it for a walk for 30 minutes a day.
    But people in big blocks of flats who don't have a dog are borrowing other peoples so they can get out of the house. so some poor pooches are being taken for 10 or more walks a day and the poor things are knackered.
    She had this vision of the dog hearing the lead being picked up and crawling under the table to hide. She said soon the police will be stopping people for animal cruelty because they will be dragging the dog down the street.

International

What I'm missing most is just waking up in the morning and having a purpose for the day, like going to work ot going into town shopping on a saturday morning. I've always hated holidays because of listlessness and this is like a holiday where I don't know the end

I'm missing eating out. Even going to a different area of London as I still haven't seen the whole city yet

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What I'm missing most is just waking up in the morning and having a purpose for the day, like going to work ot going into town shopping on a saturday morning. I've always hated holidays because of listlessness and this is like a holiday where I don't know the end
    That’s the thing about this, not knowing when it’s going to end. Even during wartime I’d imagine there’s the comfort of knowing some bugger will surrender eventually.

Tomorrow is my granddaughters birthday.She turns three.No Grampy hugs for her,gutted.No matter who's burthday it is we always have the whole family round.Not this time,gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am still in work which has made things easier .There are a few of us here , the industries I am in are still allowed to function.
    But it is getting quieter and quieter I may have to pull the shutters down on Friday and put everyone on Furlough .
    There would be no contact for me with any one which I would imagine is a totally alien experience. .
    same here still working although 2 days at home this week like you supplying into companies that are still functioning mind you I don't think it will be long till we stop . I suppose there's lots of jobs to do in the house when they pull the plug

I was looking forward to seeing simple minds in April . Would have been the first time I had seen them since the Barrowland in Glasgow when they were first making their way . I dont want to mention how many years ago that is. :)
    I saw Simple Minds in St Davids, Cardiff 2016 on their acoustic tour, and also in Cyfarthfa Park, Merthyr Tydfil 2018. They were brilliant both times. The Merthyr gig was excellent as they were supported by KT Tunstall and The Pretenders who were both really good. It was an outdoor gig and the weather was boiling too which helped.
    I wasn't going to bother with this years gig as it was midweek and I like to have a few ciders through the day and use the next day for recovery

I’m missing my kids playing sport the most. I coach a few of the teams they play in so it also plays a large part of my social life.

But I do love seeing them score goals, kick conversions and score tries.

I was looking forward to seeing simple minds in April . Would have been the first time I had seen them since the Barrowland in Glasgow when they were first making their way . I dont want to mention how many years ago that is. :)

Oh go on Jimmy, tell us!

i,m not jimmy but they played Glasgow barrowland in 1985 !

I saw them early 90's but ended up in the bar half way through the set

Dan with Godsticks x 2 gigs
    Dan with Magenta x 1 gig
    Simple Minds x 1 gig
    Lloyd Cole x 1 gig
    All gone

Not being able to give my daughter a Hug, she's on a career path change and has just passed a 2nd exam towards her goal.
    Grand kids out of bounds at the moment.
    Son-in Law has a significant birthday bash arranged with many of the extended family coming down from Leicester to sample the ZooPort!! gone to rat shit.

Discussing the latest conspiracies with another poster on here who will remain unnamed at mum and dads on Sunday evenings.

It's all about family and helping where, and if possible anybody, I know that needs help,
    TLG very kindly offered his help to me last week when we were in stuck, a neighbour stepped in but the offer was there!!!.

Normally by a Wednesday night I'm looking forward to the weekend. But now the weekends are worse than Monday to bloody Friday. At least I can do a couple of hours work during the week. The weekends are just a vacuum.

And not being able to see my 3 gorgeous granddaughters is the worst of all!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

My very first concert was Simple Minds at Wembley Arena in 84. Haven't seen them since but think I should.
    Missing Nick Cave next month but hopefully it will be rearranged .

5 a side - play 3 times a week.

The pub - really miss the social side of it.

Im going to try and stay off beer until its over. Wine only.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    5 a side - play 3 times a week.

The pub - really miss the social side of it.

Im going to try and stay off beer until its over. Wine only.
    I normally only drink in the pub and I drink bitter so hard to buy a good on in a can/bottle, not that I'd drink it anyway. Like you going to the pub is as miuch about meeting people and chatting as it is about the beer. But I have got a bottle of sherry, a nice glass every eveining is ebough for men. I

Number One thing for me is not seeing my young grandchildren, who live in London and Malvern. We rarely go more than 5-6 weeks without seeing them and who knows when the next time will be. Not quite the same talking to them on Whatsapp or Zoom but it's better than nothing.

I'm not one for pubs and the like but I do miss family get togethers and regular long walks. Luckily we have a decent sized garden and at this time of year there's plenty to do. Don't think I've sawn up so many branches in my life before but it's great exercise nonetheless.

My football fix is a quick trip into YouTube to watch the mighty Bluebirds defeat everyone from Real Madrid to Huddersfield.

Stay safe and don't give up hope that this thing will be defeated before too much longer. Yes, there will be serious financial repercussions further down the line and maybe a possible global backlash against China but the most important thing is to take care of yourself and your nearest and dearest in the coming weeks/months.

Nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Mr Elwood has a fair idea .. he has met me ... I am a couple of years younger than him..

I am still in work which has made things easier .There are a few of us here , the industries I am in are still allowed to function.
    But it is getting quieter and quieter I may have to pull the shutters down on Friday and put everyone on Furlough .
    There would be no contact for me with any one which I would imagine is a totally alien experience. .
    What's the form with MOT's Jim?

The Golf is due in a couple of weeks, do we have to put it on SORN or are allowances being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What's the form with MOT's Jim?

The Golf is due in a couple of weeks, do we have to put it on SORN or are allowances being made.
    Coronavirus: MOTs due from 30 March 2020
    Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive.

from .gov site

Mr Elwood has a fair idea .. he has met me ... I am a couple of years younger than him..
    relive your youth jimmy ...fill ya boots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neF2J5J0uhw

don't you forget about me ..................

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Tomorrow is my granddaughters birthday.She turns three.No Grampy hugs for her,gutted.No matter who's burthday it is we always have the whole family round.Not this time,gutted.
    That is truly sad, made me teary as I have a granddaughter in a 12 week isolation period due to her vulnerability her gran is beside herself because of this self isolation , its definitely hurting folk .

Be strong ,be safe 👍

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That is truly sad, made me teary as I have a granddaughter in a 12 week isolation period due to her vulnerability her gran is beside herself because of this self isolation , its definitely hurting folk .

Be strong ,be safe ��
    face time help ? ? ?

I purchased my old mum a iphone so we can face time, she can see her granddaughters new car, the work we are doing on the bungalow, its arrived and ive set it up on a 3 pay as you go contract , all good so far then i realised my mums front door letterbox is a little small and will not be big enough for the iphone, so not sure what we will do now

Miss travelling to different places with work. Enjoy going out exploring wherever I am working trying different food and drinks.
    Been going to Norway a lot recently which has been interesting. Was meant to be there again this week.
    Miss getting time to myself.