Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you missing the most?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What are you missing the most?

Darts down the boozer

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm really missing gigs - music and comedy. As you know, I live alone, don't have any kids and I'm not exactly the most sociable of creatures, but I do love going out regularly with my closest friends, watching bands or comedians and mixing with other like-minded individuals. For me, the gigs are a real release. I particularly enjoy travelling to other towns and cities for shows, and I'm missing that aspect of my 'normal' life considerably.

I must admit I felt quite down this morning when I turned the page on the calendar in the kitchen and there was absolutely nothing on it for the month of April. I'm saving plenty of money, but that's no consolation really. The lack of anything to look forward to in the foreseeable future is a definite drag.
    Metal Church are doing a live gig on facetime next week if you are interested

Fishing , sea , coarse , trout

Metal gigs

Masturbating outdoors

Nothing, Nothing at all

I am going to go against the flow here and say this " Lockdown " hasnt been too bad yet

Ive got a shit load of work to do on my new bungalow and we are getting on with that, 1 bedroom almost done, just need to paint the wardrobe doors, started on bedroom No 2

Setup a bit of a home gym in the garden and the family work out as a family

Eating together for every meal, breakfast, lunch and tea which is very rare with the busy lifestyle we used to have in the old world

Ive lost 7lb now, might get that down to a stone in another 2 weeks

watching the fast and furious films on NowTV, started on the weekend, enjoying that

its all quality time, yes sure i enjoy the wife and the girls a little, but i am determined to try and stay positive though all of this

It's walking for me too. We go out every day from the front door for an hour or so (some of it countryside, some of it just local streets) but at this time of the year we would be doing at least two 10-15 mile walks per week in the Peak District - and for most of them we need to drive a short way to the start. I'm hardly missing the football at all - none of that seems real after only a few weeks lockdown.

There are a few of us up here who take their dogs on longish walks to nearby villages, up into the woods etc, but when a friend of mine was stopped by a policeman and asked where he was going, he replied "taking the dog for a walk for an hour", only to be told "no you're not, make it half an hour". Therefore, my dog gets her daily exercise by walking back and for on the green outside my back garden a few times and then we go along by the local river for a while (the sound of all that is a lot better than the reality believe me!), the whole thing lasts about twenty minutes as I walk about three quarters of a mile for my allowed "exercise" period.

As for what I miss most? Simple, things feeling "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There are a few of us up here who take their dogs on longish walks to nearby villages, up into the woods etc, but when a friend of mine was stopped by a policeman and asked where he was going, he replied "taking the dog for a walk for an hour", only to be told "no you're not, make it half an hour". Therefore, my dog gets her daily exercise by walking back and for on the green outside my back garden a few times and then we go along by the local river for a while (the sound of all that is a lot better than the reality believe me!), the whole thing lasts about twenty minutes as I walk about three quarters of a mile for my allowed "exercise" period.

As for what I miss most? Simple, things feeling "normal".
    That seems a bit mad, there's no limit on walking outside is there?

International

My wife is a social media addict and last night she was telling me something she saw amusing about the lockdown in Italy. They are not allowed out except if they have a dog they can take it for a walk for 30 minutes a day.
    But people in big blocks of flats who don't have a dog are borrowing other peoples so they can get out of the house. so some poor pooches are being taken for 10 or more walks a day and the poor things are knackered.
    She had this vision of the dog hearing the lead being picked up and crawling under the table to hide. She said soon the police will be stopping people for animal cruelty because they will be dragging the dog down the street.

International

What I'm missing most is just waking up in the morning and having a purpose for the day, like going to work ot going into town shopping on a saturday morning. I've always hated holidays because of listlessness and this is like a holiday where I don't know the end

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What I'm missing most is just waking up in the morning and having a purpose for the day, like going to work ot going into town shopping on a saturday morning. I've always hated holidays because of listlessness and this is like a holiday where I don't know the end
    That’s the thing about this, not knowing when it’s going to end. Even during wartime I’d imagine there’s the comfort of knowing some bugger will surrender eventually.

I'm missing eating out. Even going to a different area of London as I still haven't seen the whole city yet

Tomorrow is my granddaughters birthday.She turns three.No Grampy hugs for her,gutted.No matter who's burthday it is we always have the whole family round.Not this time,gutted.

I’m missing my kids playing sport the most. I coach a few of the teams they play in so it also plays a large part of my social life.

But I do love seeing them score goals, kick conversions and score tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I was looking forward to seeing simple minds in April . Would have been the first time I had seen them since the Barrowland in Glasgow when they were first making their way . I dont want to mention how many years ago that is. :)

Oh go on Jimmy, tell us!

i,m not jimmy but they played Glasgow barrowland in 1985 !

I saw them early 90's but ended up in the bar half way through the set

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Mr Elwood has a fair idea .. he has met me ... I am a couple of years younger than him..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Mr Elwood has a fair idea .. he has met me ... I am a couple of years younger than him..
    relive your youth jimmy ...fill ya boots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neF2J5J0uhw

don't you forget about me ..................

Dan with Godsticks x 2 gigs
    Dan with Magenta x 1 gig
    Simple Minds x 1 gig
    Lloyd Cole x 1 gig
    All gone

Not being able to give my daughter a Hug, she's on a career path change and has just passed a 2nd exam towards her goal.
    Grand kids out of bounds at the moment.
    Son-in Law has a significant birthday bash arranged with many of the extended family coming down from Leicester to sample the ZooPort!! gone to rat shit.

Discussing the latest conspiracies with another poster on here who will remain unnamed at mum and dads on Sunday evenings.

It's all about family and helping where, and if possible anybody, I know that needs help,
    TLG very kindly offered his help to me last week when we were in stuck, a neighbour stepped in but the offer was there!!!.

Normally by a Wednesday night I'm looking forward to the weekend. But now the weekends are worse than Monday to bloody Friday. At least I can do a couple of hours work during the week. The weekends are just a vacuum.

And not being able to see my 3 gorgeous granddaughters is the worst of all!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

My very first concert was Simple Minds at Wembley Arena in 84. Haven't seen them since but think I should.
    Missing Nick Cave next month but hopefully it will be rearranged .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    My very first concert was Simple Minds at Wembley Arena in 84. Haven't seen them since but think I should.
    Missing Nick Cave next month but hopefully it will be rearranged .
    I saw Simple Minds in the last 2 or 3 years. They're not my favorite band by any means, but it was a cracking show.

I've already missed The Murder Capital and APB. Looks like I'm going to miss the Dandy Warhols too. I don't really expect to see any bands in 2020 the way things are going.

5 a side - play 3 times a week.

The pub - really miss the social side of it.

Im going to try and stay off beer until its over. Wine only.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    5 a side - play 3 times a week.

The pub - really miss the social side of it.

Im going to try and stay off beer until its over. Wine only.
    I normally only drink in the pub and I drink bitter so hard to buy a good on in a can/bottle, not that I'd drink it anyway. Like you going to the pub is as miuch about meeting people and chatting as it is about the beer. But I have got a bottle of sherry, a nice glass every eveining is ebough for men. I

Number One thing for me is not seeing my young grandchildren, who live in London and Malvern. We rarely go more than 5-6 weeks without seeing them and who knows when the next time will be. Not quite the same talking to them on Whatsapp or Zoom but it's better than nothing.

I'm not one for pubs and the like but I do miss family get togethers and regular long walks. Luckily we have a decent sized garden and at this time of year there's plenty to do. Don't think I've sawn up so many branches in my life before but it's great exercise nonetheless.

My football fix is a quick trip into YouTube to watch the mighty Bluebirds defeat everyone from Real Madrid to Huddersfield.

Stay safe and don't give up hope that this thing will be defeated before too much longer. Yes, there will be serious financial repercussions further down the line and maybe a possible global backlash against China but the most important thing is to take care of yourself and your nearest and dearest in the coming weeks/months.

Nothing at all