+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What don’t you miss...

What don’t you miss...

So we’re nine days into lockdown and what are you NOT missing:
    1) Traffic / crowded trains is obvious.
    2) Alarm Clock.
    3) Ironing.
    4) Emails.
    5) Queues in Greggs, McDonald’s, Subway.

In fact number 5 has surprised me as I used to use these places all the time for breakfast or lunch running around all the time. I haven’t missed them at all though.
    I’m putting more time into what I eat and actually feel better so if something good comes out of all this for me personally I’ll certainly be better prepared shopping, cooking and meals in general taking more time and thought in what I shovel in.

Re: What don’t you miss...

Aeroplane noise. Its not terrible where i live but depending on the wind direction we might get a few you could hear on some nights.

Not sure about emails. Not a criticism but why would that change? If your job involves emails then presumably you are just doing it at home instead?

tearing around from the time i do the school run, work, then girls activities till eating tea at 9.30 and relaxing before bed

maybe Im more suited to this laid-back lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Aeroplane noise. Its not terrible where i live but depending on the wind direction we might get a few you could hear on some nights.

Not sure about emails. Not a criticism but why would that change? If your job involves emails then presumably you are just doing it at home instead?
    Normally get around 50 a day, down to about 6 at the moment. In construction to its wound down now apart from the essential works.

My colleagues! I can't work from home as need direct access to locked down systems that we can't remote access. So every day I have to attend the office. And I actually miss the chat and noise of an office. I am the only one in from my team and am sat on a floor that houses 150 and there is two people now on it. Saying that I am catching up on podcats while I work.

1st day back for me today after isolation, 30 mins extra on the alarm this morning and no jockeying for position with lorries when entering the M4 at Coryton, no queuing to get off at Coryton in the evening.

Putting petrol in the car.
    Skysports.
    Losing money on the horses.
    Going to cashpoints.

International

Going to cashpoints. I've got £60 in my pocket that, because of my work pattern immediately before the lockdown, has been in my pocket since 19 Mar. It was £80 but £20 is now in my wife's pocket. (Don't ask me why)
    Filling the car up every week.
    Paying a fortune for parking in town
    Driving to Bristol every day. (Before that it was Swansea for 3 months)
    People wanting lifts .
    Night traffic noise.

Sport in general. Used to revolve my life around it. Now, it seems a bit irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    So we’re nine days into lockdown and what are you NOT missing:
    1) Traffic / crowded trains is obvious.
    2) Alarm Clock.
    3) Ironing.
    4) Emails.
    5) Queues in Greggs, McDonald’s, Subway.

In fact number 5 has surprised me as I used to use these places all the time for breakfast or lunch running around all the time. I haven’t missed them at all though.
    I’m putting more time into what I eat and actually feel better so if something good comes out of all this for me personally I’ll certainly be better prepared shopping, cooking and meals in general taking more time and thought in what I shovel in.
    I'm working from home, so still have to set the alarm and deal with emails. Certainly not missing the traffic. Despite not being able to cycle to work I am still going out for a cycle ride every morning for my government approved exercise. It's a real pleasure being able to cycle on virtually empty roads.

Traffic, I'd buy a bike if it was like this all the time.
    Hearing about Liverpool's imminent title win.