Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
You do realise medical equipment manufacturers don't hold stock of Equipment they build to order Louth so how do the Government expect to get thousands of ventilators out of thin air when every country wants thousands of them ?

The government did the right thing to get UK manufacturers to step up to the plate and help out the medical equipment manufacturers in making them . A big ask within a 2 week time frame and the company I work for teamed up with automotive companies and have been producing parts for the last week and supplying them to OEM Automotive companies who are assembly them . I,m hearing they will ready to ship to hospitals next week . What an achievement

I suppose the next big obstacle is to get alot of people trained operating and using them correctly
Ireland had 1,200 ventilators in Mid-March. 8 days later 1,000 more were made and delivered.

Stop making excuses, Boris was warned a long time ago. He was too busy taking it on the chin. The UK walked away from an EU agreement to source equipment back in early Feb.

The UK govt. have their own spin doctors, they don't need you too.