+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 30 Ventilators

30 Ventilators

The grand total of 30 ventilators has been received by the NHS this week.
    This comes after your govt refused EU assistance.

Forget your political allegiances, surely you can see your govt is beyond f**king useless?

I really do think you're going down the same road as the US. I hope I'm wrong.

Re: 30 Ventilators

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

Forget your political allegiances, surely you can see your govt is beyond f**king useless?

Of course we are. The establishment have managed to convince most of the public that the reason Britain isn't what it was is due to the workshy and immigrants. That foreign aid is dreadful but tax avoidance is ok. That public services are wasteful and inefficient. That America is a land of dreams and Europe is an enemy.

The real reason is that those at the top have got richer at the expense of working people, but even they have convinced us that trickle down economics works. That the 2008 crash wasn't caused by bankers but by a political party that promotes greater fairness. That councils take more and provide less. That austerity and the suffering of so many as a result was worth it. We're in a sort of lock down due to a virus, yet austerity has been responsible for far more deaths and suffering. Disabled people are demonised. Antisemitism is dreadful but Islamophobia isn't as bad or as widely reported (on another note, antisemitism reporting has gone rather quiet since the election).

We've been taught to blame others. Eventually there will be no one left to blame and the most wealthy will be even richer at the expense of everyone else, looking for scapegoats

You do realise medical equipment manufacturers don't hold stock of Equipment they build to order Louth so how do the Government expect to get thousands of ventilators out of thin air when every country wants thousands of them ?

The government did the right thing to get UK manufacturers to step up to the plate and help out the medical equipment manufacturers in making them . A big ask within a 2 week time frame and the company I work for teamed up with automotive companies and have been producing parts for the last week and supplying them to OEM Automotive companies who are assembly them . I,m hearing they will ready to ship to hospitals next week . What an achievement

I suppose the next big obstacle is to get alot of people trained operating and using them correctly

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    You do realise medical equipment manufacturers don't hold stock of Equipment they build to order Louth so how do the Government expect to get thousands of ventilators out of thin air when every country wants thousands of them ?

The government did the right thing to get UK manufacturers to step up to the plate and help out the medical equipment manufacturers in making them . A big ask within a 2 week time frame and the company I work for teamed up with automotive companies and have been producing parts for the last week and supplying them to OEM Automotive companies who are assembly them . I,m hearing they will ready to ship to hospitals next week . What an achievement

I suppose the next big obstacle is to get alot of people trained operating and using them correctly
    Maybe start sourcing them back in January when the pandemic was evidently going to happen.
    Maybe use people that already build them instead using a tory party donator that has never built them before.
    Maybe get your finger out your arse instead of shaking coronavirus suffers hands and telling us herd immunity will save us.
    Matt handcock is either picking his nose or arse or licking his fingers when turning a page. TOTALLY INCOMPETENT.

Well if &^%$£ like you put up a viable alternative instead of unelectable Commy Corbyn, than maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Pointless whining how useless Boris is when the alternative was Jezza and Diane Abbott, ffs....

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Well if ^^%$$£ like you put up a viable alternative instead of unelectable Commy Corbyn, than maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Pointless whining how useless Boris is when the alternative was Jezza and Diane Abbott, ffs....
    I just don't understand what makes kuuunts like you tick. Tbh

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Maybe start sourcing them back in January when the pandemic was evidently going to happen.
    Maybe use people that already build them instead using a tory party donator that has never built them before.
    Maybe get your finger out your arse instead of shaking coronavirus suffers hands and telling us herd immunity will save us.
    Matt handcock is either picking his nose or arse or licking his fingers when turning a page. TOTALLY INCOMPETENT.
    we should have done more earlier in either purchasing or making more ventilators thats for sure but they are complex bits of kit to make but as we were late our manufacturers have done well to help out. I was reading today that hundreds of people that went to the cheltenham festival have tested positive . why or why did that event take place ?? we should have locked down our borders much sooner too etc . I think the list is endless what we should have done quicker but I notice all posts are now turning political regarding this virus . lets leave that till after this is over and let the government know our feelings then !

we should have done more earlier in either purchasing or making more ventilators thats for sure but they are complex bits of kit to make but as we were late our manufacturers have done well to help out. I was reading today that hundreds of people that went to the cheltenham festival have tested positive . why or why did that event take place ?? we should have locked down our borders much sooner too etc . I think the list is endless what we should have done quicker but I notice all posts are now turning political regarding this virus . lets leave that till after this is over and let the government know our feelings then !
    No bollocks to that this shit is happening on the tories watch , these idiots have run health care and social services to the ground for ten years , they pounced about when they were warned by the health experts and their complete lack of protective equipment for health workers and carers .....who used to be council run ....is very political

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I just don't understand what makes kuuunts like you tick. Tbh
    Or you

sludge in the future the people of this country won't forget
    I,m an age of remembering thatcher too and what she did and don't get me started on this blond buffoon in charge now

as for ventilators it's a different animal even china had to use there own manufacturing companies to help with such a huge demand in such a short space of time so who ever would be in charge they would have been met with the same challenge

Well if &^%^$ like you put up a viable alternative instead of unelectable Commy Corbyn, than maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.

It's like a modern day godwin's law.

Top post! The only consolation I can take is that I didn't vote for the unscrupulous tossers!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Or you
    His wife works with the critically ill in the NHS

I am sure he gets to hear what utter idiots this tory government has been over this pandemic

Well if ^%$£" like you put up a viable alternative instead of unelectable Commy Corbyn, than maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Steve, Just let you know that even in these times the disgusting word "Mong" is extremely offensive to most people, especially people such as my Wife and I who had a beautiful daughter with Downes Syndrome.who we lost years ago. Just a thought.

Well if ^%$£$ like you put up a viable alternative instead of unelectable Commy Corbyn, than maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.

If &^%$£ like you didn't swallow the line about Corbyn and Abbott maybe we wouldn't be in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If &^%$£ like you didn't swallow the line about Corbyn and Abbott maybe we wouldn't be in this position.
    We haven't all got your intelligence Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It’s unreal how much you love the tories mate, fair play to you, you don’t see such strong love much in this world these daya.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's like a modern day godwin's law.
    I was going to reply with a political post there.

But now is not the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s unreal how much you love the tories mate, fair play to you, you don’t see such strong love much in this world these daya.
    bff
    Give me strength.

I do not love the Tories.

I have many reservations about Boris.

Disliking Corbyn and Abbott does mean I like him.

If she gets this my wife will almost certainly die.

I really can't be bothered with your garbage

bff
    Give me strength.

Oh and my original response was not intended to be political but a (gentle) dig at Eric who can be a bit dismissive of other peoples opinions at times

bff
    Give me strength.

Sorry meant doesn't not does about our leader

As soon as someone comes out with something like Commy Corbyn, you know they've been brainwashed and don't know what they're talking about.

sludge in the future the people of this country won't forget
    I,m an age of remembering thatcher too and what she did and don't get me started on this blond buffoon in charge now

as for ventilators it's a different animal even china had to use there own manufacturing companies to help with such a huge demand in such a short space of time so who ever would be in charge they would have been met with the same challenge
    Just been reading that a UK consortium has worked around the clock to design and produce 200 a week. Dyson has also scaled up to produce their own......AND.....incredibly it could be weeks before they get certified by medical officials for use in hospitals. These UK officials need to pull their fingers out

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Just been reading that a UK consortium has worked around the clock to design and produce 200 a week. Dyson has also scaled up to produce their own......AND.....incredibly it could be weeks before they get certified by medical officials for use in hospitals. These UK officials need to pull their fingers out
    What is the process used to certify them?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Gtech had also designed and could mass produce ventilators but were allegedly told by the government not to make any. There are also rumours that these were declined to a minor technicality.

In a state of emergency, I would hope the government isn't showing preference for those who have backed them in recent times.