+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Ramsey makes second NHS donation

Aaron Ramsey makes second NHS donation

I am sorry if this has already been posted.

Wales and Juventus footballer Aaron Ramsey has made a second £10,000 donation to the NHS in Wales to help with the Covid-19 crisis.

The Aneurin Bevan University Health Board revealed the donation via social media, saying it was "thrilled" and "humbled" by the gift.

The board serves an area including Caerphilly, where Ramsey was born.

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.

Wales and Juventus footballer Aaron Ramsey has made a second £10,000 donation to the NHS in Wales to help with the Covid-19 crisis.

The Aneurin Bevan University Health Board revealed the donation via social media, saying it was "thrilled" and "humbled" by the gift.

The board serves an area including Caerphilly, where Ramsey was born.

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.Ramsey, along with teammates at Italian club Juventus, has also agreed to forgo his wages for March, April, May and June.

The Aneurin Bevan Health University Health Board launched the appeal to raise money during the current epidemic. The board is looking to use the funds for staff well-being, essential supplies for patients and increasing volunteer activity.

The Cardiff and Vale charity appeal is to raise money for local NHS workers to spend on vulnerable members of the community.

Juventus midfielder Ramsey, 29, ensured the charity hit its £10,000 target thanks to one online donation.

"We really appreciate all of your hard work," Ramsey wrote on the charity's JustGiving page.

The charity said on social media it was "blown away" by Ramsey's donation.

"A huge thank you to Aaron, you're our star," the charity said.

The charity say money raised will be used by doctors, nurses and other NHS staff to "best benefit the most vulnerable" during the coronavirus crisis.
    WOW! We are thrilled and humbled to have received a £10,000 donation to our Coronavirus charity fund from Caerphilly-born footballer @aaronramsey
    We are equally grateful to everyone across Gwent who have donated: https://justgiving.com/fundraising/ABUHBCovid19 ……
    A massive thank you to all of you!

We're absolutely blown away to announce a very generous donation from Wales & @juventusfc football star @aaronramsey to our #spreadthelove campaign for our staff during #COVID19 a huge thank you to Aaron, you're our star! You can help too by donating here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/spreadthelove

Re: Aaron Ramsey makes second NHS donation

fair play to Rambo

this bit stood out aswell

The former Cardiff City player previously gave the same sum to the Cardiff and Vale Health charity.Ramsey, along with teammates at Italian club Juventus, has also agreed to forgo his wages for March, April, May and June.

so maybe the Juve players do have some sense of decency

Doesn't surprise me at all, well done Rambo!

obviously italy is in a bad state, but fair play to him - great gesture that will probably get zero recognition in the english press.

Ramsey also gave £3,000 to save a homelessness charity in Newport, south Wales, from folding this week.
    He said: 'There is a really important charity to support in Newport, Wales.
    'Feed Newport offers essential services not just for the homeless and vulnerable, but for anyone in need during the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
    'In the meantime I am going to make sure they are fully funded to cover the cost of the hub.'

Daily Maill link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...charities.html
    He was also on social media sharing the message to stay at home in English, Italian and Welsh.

With Joe Allen joining the club my theory is that a modern day Welsh footballer is:

I) a little too injury prone
    ii) likely to marry childhood sweatheart
    iii) thoroughly good person with dedication to charity

not knocking Rambo..love him..but that's akin to me giving a tenner to charity...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    not knocking Rambo..love him..but that's akin to me giving a tenner to charity...just saying
    When was the last time you gave a tenner to charity?

Also he's not being paid for the next 3 months.

The bloke is classy both on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He was also on social media sharing the message to stay at home in English, Italian and Welsh.

With Joe Allen joining the club my theory is that a modern day Welsh footballer is:

I) a little too injury prone
    ii) likely to marry childhood sweatheart
    iii) thoroughly good person with dedication to charity
    Don't forget Bellers.
    Well you know he might be slightly lacking in the thoroughly good person but he ticks all the other boxes.

As he's on £400k pw, more like a 10p donation to us. Just saying 😊

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    As he's on £400k pw, more like a 10p donation to us. Just saying ��
    That's 2.5% of his weekly wage. 5% if you add in what he gave the Cardiff NHS Trust.

So, if 5% of your wage is 10p, it follows that your weekly wage is only £2. Please, speak to a union, you are in slave labour.

I hate him now. Used to love him. But you're right. He's insulted them.

I mean obviously I didn't give any of my money to charity or anything, but I don't earn as much so I have the right to criticise him for not giving as much as I think he should.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That's 2.5% of his weekly wage. 5% if you add in what he gave the Cardiff NHS Trust.

So, if 5% of your wage is 10p, it follows that your weekly wage is only £2. Please, speak to a union, you are in slave labour.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

I stand corrected, didn't really give that much thought.
    My wife has had two bank standing orders for a few years now, donating around £8pm to charities. She also gave the Wales Air Ambulance a decent wedge a couple of months ago when they were touting outside the local supermarket. Many normal average people do donate to charities.
    Stars think they're something out of the ordinary when they make a donation, when they're generally self centred. Likewise the news all Prem Capts are donating percentage of their pay was more or less forced on them, and not from the heart, which if it was, would have been donated weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    I stand corrected, didn't really give that much thought.
    My wife has had two bank standing orders for a few years now, donating around £8pm to charities. She also gave the Wales Air Ambulance a decent wedge a couple of months ago when they were touting outside the local supermarket. Many normal average people do donate to charities.
    Stars think they're something out of the ordinary when they make a donation, when they're generally self centred. Likewise the news all Prem Capts are donating percentage of their pay was more or less forced on them, and not from the heart, which if it was, would have been donated weeks ago.
    Basically, if you're famous then you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, right?

Has Ramsey said he’s done something out of the ordinary? Seems he donated it and the hospital thanked him.

Some people will always find something to criticise him for. Firstly 10 grand out of his own pocket wasn’t enough now he thinks he’s doing something special.