+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK Residents Applaud the NHS Despite Routinely Voting to Cripple Them

UK Residents Applaud the NHS Despite Routinely Voting to Cripple Them

"The NHS is one of the most critical institutions in the UK. It’s responsible for making sure that our entire country remains healthy. Yet a majority of the country has consistently voted for a party that has a policy of austerity."

https://www.ccn.com/uk-residents-app...-cripple-them/

Re: UK Residents Applaud the NHS Despite Routinely Voting to Cripple Them

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    "The NHS is one of the most critical institutions in the UK. It’s responsible for making sure that our entire country remains healthy. Yet a majority of the country has consistently voted for a party that has a policy of austerity."

https://www.ccn.com/uk-residents-app...-cripple-them/

Staggering. NHS needs reform as was never designed to scale to the extent needed now yet so many utterly immune to any form of change.

Maybe that author could write a comic book about it?

I’m 56, and for as long as I can remember, the NHS has always been underfunded, mismanaged and taken advantage of, no matter who’s been running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m 56, and for as long as I can remember, the NHS has always been underfunded, mismanaged and taken advantage of, no matter who’s been running the country.
    I don't think it has always been underfunded. Labour under Blair pumped plenty of money into it.

It has been purposely run into the ground since the tories took power, they wanted it privatised.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Staggering. NHS needs reform as was never designed to scale to the extent needed now yet so many utterly immune to any form of change.

Oh so your thing you just defend the tories whatever they do

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think it has always been underfunded. Labour under Blair pumped plenty of money into it.

It has been purposely run into the ground since the tories took power, they wanted it privatised.
    That’s just a smear campaign to vote other than Tory. The NHS will never be privatised in my lifetime.

Blair was pushing Privatisation through the back door. The thing with the Tories is that ideologically they don't really want a health system that doesn't make them and their mates a load of cash. It's their biggest sticking point politically. Yet enough of those people out clapping and painting rainbows would've voted to keep the NHS down.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

What reform is that?

The Labour government did more in the way of opening the NHS up to Privatisation than any tory government, and I voted labour back then!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    The Labour government did more in the way of opening the NHS up to Privatisation than any tory government, and I voted labour back then!
    I think it's about even as it stands, but you're correct, although it depends on how you determine private health care, as alot of it was bought from local authorities and Charities, although i'm with you about Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That’s just a smear campaign to vote other than Tory. The NHS will never be privatised in my lifetime.
    You seriously think that? It isn’t a smear campaign there’s plenty of proof of it.

One thing is certain, it was the Tories who decimated mental health provision. Although care in the community did predate them, when taken together the results have been catastrophic. We've gone from taking care of people in the community to abandonment, and leaving them to their own devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Blair was pushing Privatisation through the back door. The thing with the Tories is that ideologically they don't really want a health system that doesn't make them and their mates a load of cash. It's their biggest sticking point politically. Yet enough of those people out clapping and painting rainbows would've voted to keep the NHS down.
    He might have been pushing privitisation as an alternative but the NHS was well funded, it just wasn't well managed.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    You seriously think that? It isn’t a smear campaign there’s plenty of proof of it.
    Yep. Tory bashing.

Either way, I’ve seen a lot of people pointing to Germany asking what they’re doing right. The same country that requires everyone to have insurance.

America is an anomaly when it comes to healthcare and it doesn’t have to be like that

Yep. Tory bashing.

Either way, I’ve seen a lot of people pointing to Germany asking what they’re doing right. The same country that requires everyone to have insurance.

America is an anomaly when it comes to healthcare and it doesn’t have to be like that
    You can say that's tory bashing to make yourself feel better for voting for them but it definitely isn't.

We can only hope after this pandemic people remember how important the NHS is.

Yep. Tory bashing.

Saw a tweet the other day which was akin to:

The NHS is loved enough by people that politicians won't discuss changing health system but not loved enough that they'll vote for party who will sufficiently fund it.

We could have a more European model of healthcare or we could have a want for "independence" where we waste billions, lose out on staff with no clear plan to replace them and become reliant on Trump ("the first thing Boris said to me, even before hello, was that they need ventilators.") and USA model which is rife with issues.