+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grocery delivery

Re: Grocery delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think you have to tell the supermarket they are vulnerable surely.
    Perhaps you didn't read the message I got from Sainsbury's.
    We’re really sorry, but we haven’t been able to identify you as one of our elderly or most vulnerable customers based on the information we have. At the moment we’re prioritising vulnerable customers for registration, and we’re working with the government to identify those who are most in need.

Apparently that is PHE - Public Health England, so my parents will not be on that list at all.

They identify new customers by e-mail address. I don't think PHE has the e-mail address of anyone seen to be vulnerable. And, I am fairly certain that GDPR rules would prevent sharing.

I am fairly certain that supermarkets are not taking calls at present. If they are, I am fairly confident they won't take a person's word for it that they are, indeed, vulnerable.

I the meantime, a work colleague (not vulnerable) has just posted his thanks to Sainsbury's for delivering his order which, mostly, consisted of beer and pizza.

In the meantime, my parents have gone onto Morrison's website - and they can't even select the overpriced £30 mystery boxes because the icon turns to a no entry side when they hover over the word "Select".

I am not knocking the supermarkets, they are stretched by panic buyers and hoarders. Part of the reason I am slightly desperate is because I refrained from doing that - "just buy normally, and it will be alright". Yeah, until you end up on 14 day lockdown because of symptoms (and I reckon it is a cold - imagine if somehow we could be tested!).

It's clear you haven't done any research into this, but here you are spouting out nonsense claiming that this is all under control. It isn't. And, I wouldn't be surprised if symptomatic people, or people living with symptomatic people are having to pop out to get some groceries.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    They may just have a better idea on how it works, but its not working, they have said the reason is lack of vans and drivers

so its not working and people who should be self-isolating are having to risk it and go to the supermarkets

maybe its time to think slightly outside the box for a few weeks

maybe have 2 options:

1, try and get a slot with the stores delivery drivers ( which isnt working )

or

2. get a local community driver to deliver it

looking at option 2, isnt it the same setup as the NHS GoodSAM system ( thats the setup the government has put in place to help out in England, I believe Wales have its own thing in place )

just checked on my GoodSAM app and it has a setting for :

Community Response volunteer: This role involves collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home.

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

So maybe the idea of local volunteers collecting and delivering shopping isnt that outrageous
    I went on the Tesco website to look at driving for them as I have nothing else to do and they were asking for more drivers. ! had to fill out a 20 page application form in which they queried my CV for the last 20 years and asked me questions that had no relevance to what is happening or the job. Its a normal Tesco application process and oddly asked me nothing about my driving licence or criminal convictions.
    I now have a mail saying it will be processed "In due course"
    Not surprising they don't have as many drivers as they want yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    We’re really sorry, but we haven’t been able to identify you as one of our elderly or most vulnerable customers based on the information we have. At the moment we’re prioritising vulnerable customers for registration, and we’re working with the government to identify those who are most in need.

Apparently that is PHE - Public Health England, so my parents will not be on that list at all.

They identify new customers by e-mail address. I don't think PHE has the e-mail address of anyone seen to be vulnerable. And, I am fairly certain that GDPR rules would prevent sharing.

I am fairly certain that supermarkets are not taking calls at present. If they are, I am fairly confident they won't take a person's word for it that they are, indeed, vulnerable.

I the meantime, a work colleague (not vulnerable) has just posted his thanks to Sainsbury's for delivering his order which, mostly, consisted of beer and pizza.

In the meantime, my parents have gone onto Morrison's website - and they can't even select the overpriced £30 mystery boxes because the icon turns to a no entry side when they hover over the word "Select".

I am not knocking the supermarkets, they are stretched by panic buyers and hoarders. Part of the reason I am slightly desperate is because I refrained from doing that - "just buy normally, and it will be alright". Yeah, until you end up on 14 day lockdown because of symptoms (and I reckon it is a cold - imagine if somehow we could be tested!).

It's clear you haven't done any research into this, but here you are spouting out nonsense claiming that this is all under control. It isn't. And, I wouldn't be surprised if symptomatic people, or people living with symptomatic people are having to pop out to get some groceries.
    Not sure what other parts of Cardiff they cover, but Iceland are showing availability to book for tomorrow around the cf14 area. And the morrisons food boxes are showing availability again at this moment(probably disappear again but time I've finished this post 😂). Might be worth giving them a go

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post

Its not working, we all know that, Ive tried for my mum, she isnt on the PHE list either

which is the point, time to look at other options and maybe it is a " volunteer delivery force using own transport " even if its just for a few weeks

Its not working, we all know that, Ive tried for my mum, she isnt on the PHE list either

which is the point, time to look at other options and maybe it is a " volunteer delivery force using own transport " even if its just for a few weeks
    If your mum can't get any food and there isn't anyone there to get her any, then why don't you drive down and do it? It would be classed as an essential journey if the plod stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If your mum can't get any food and there isn't anyone there to get her any, then why don't you drive down and do it? It would be classed as an essential journey if the plod stop you.
    It is on the list of options and i think down the line it will be the option we go with

BUT, this time, She has it covered, her god daughter has said she will grab her some stuff when she goes next week

It is on the list of options and i think down the line it will be the option we go with

BUT, this time, She has it covered, her god daughter has said she will grab her some stuff when she goes next week
    Is she in the Cardiff area? If so, drop me a PM if you need any help. i don't mind picking up some shopping for people. Not a problem.

Is she in the Cardiff area? If so, drop me a PM if you need any help. i don't mind picking up some shopping for people. Not a problem.
    cheers dude, she is in Barry, I might take you up on your kind offer, as i said, she has is in hand at the mo, but we dont like to take the pee, so i think she will start to feel uncomfortable asking her god daughter in a few weeks

cheers dude, she is in Barry, I might take you up on your kind offer, as i said, she has is in hand at the mo, but we dont like to take the pee, so i think she will start to feel uncomfortable asking her god daughter in a few weeks
    You know where i am

Top man

My delivery from Iceland is coming tomorrow evening.

I've got my driving licence and my stay home letter from the chief medical officer to hand (it should have gone to my wife as I am her carer)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    My delivery from Iceland is coming tomorrow evening.

I've got my driving licence and my stay home letter from the chief medical officer to hand (it should have gone to my wife as I am her carer)
    good luck

good luck
    Ta

ASDA only seems to go up to the 11th April at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    ASDA only seems to go up to the 11th April at the moment.
    7 days now

International

Isn't there a PHW site? Clearly vunerable people in Wales will not be on the PHE list. And if shops like Tesco are centralising this they will probably assume the list they have covers the whole country.
    Perhaps someone should mention it to My Drayford?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Isn't there a PHW site? Clearly vunerable people in Wales will not be on the PHE list. And if shops like Tesco are centralising this they will probably assume the list they have covers the whole country.
    Perhaps someone should mention it to Mr DRAKEFORD
    It’s Drakeford, as in duck .

And he talks and looks like one

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s Drakeford, as in duck .

And he talks and looks like one
    Sorry, I actually knew that, but the mind is getting old.