Thread: 10 years ago

10 years ago

What a day, great sing song after the game

Re: 10 years ago

We used long throws even back then.

Great moment. Right up there.

Absolutley one of the best memories......I was stuck up in the corner of the Grand stand right in line with goal trajectory.....and one of the very few times I have stayed to goad the opposition. Purposeful header from Aaron Wildig to Chopra also.

I was in Italy running a school trip, stuck in traffic on a coach in Naples (but with my CCFC flag on show😉). Phone signal was rubbish so the vital update never got through as to the final score. We were very late back for our evening meal, couldnt find a tv with highlights, and went to bed thinking it was 1:1. I thought my son was winding me up when he said the next day that we had won late on. Moral of the tale...
    give up work!

I was right there in the Canton, one of my all time favourite football moments!

Amazing to see there were only 4 sides in the group. Us , the Germans, Belgium and Luxembourg. So much simpler then. Soviet Union hadn't split into about 20 sides and the same with Yugoslavia. Meant every game was a cup final, and club football didn't have to bugger about with Saturdays off as all international games were midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Amazing to see there were only 4 sides in the group. Us , the Germans, Belgium and Luxembourg. So much simpler then. Soviet Union hadn't split into about 20 sides and the same with Yugoslavia. Meant every game was a cup final, and club football didn't have to bugger about with Saturdays off as all international games were midweek.

It is a nuisance ruining the continuity of the league season but luckily for us the SU and Yugoslavia did split otherwise I doubt we would have qualified for Euro16 nor 20.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It is a nuisance ruining the continuity of the league season but luckily for us the SU and Yugoslavia did split otherwise I doubt we would have qualified for Euro16 nor 20.
    Apologies just noticed I stuck this on the wrong thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Apologies just noticed I stuck this on the wrong thread!!!
    Ahem.... so did I