+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump, masks 'they're not for me'...

Re: Trump, masks 'they're not for me'...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I find it very hard to watch him without wanting to smash his face in.
    I wish someone would put a sack over his head, and stuff up his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This makes me so angry, the arrogance of these people. Blood on their hands

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/sta...523453957?s=20
    They are not just stupid, pathetic, hypocritical, lying, propagandists for Trump and Trumpism - promoting everything that has made this pandemic so deadly - they are the go to source of (usually false) information for a very large % of Americans. Terrifying!

KKK are already kitted out

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This makes me so angry, the arrogance of these people. Blood on their hands

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/sta...523453957?s=20
    Haven't watched it yet but going to guess they're blaming the EU and/or China while trying to hide their record of cutting services that would have reduced challenge now face, ignoring warnings back in January/February time, going against WHO advice without explaining why...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I simply broadened the debate.

I don't care what mad Trump states , one is allowed to develop an important topic that effects life .
    My understanding is that if you're wearing a mask and you cough or sneeze the droplets get contained within, which you would assume must be a good thing. Obviously there are experts who argue for and against the efficacy of wearing masks. It's so confusing, I'm at my wits' end.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    My understanding is that if you're wearing a mask and you cough or sneeze the droplets get contained within, which you would assume must be a good thing. Obviously there are experts who argue for and against the efficacy of wearing masks. It's so confusing, I'm at my wits' end.
    I've ordered some this morning for the very reason you mention - I don't think it will prevent me catching the virus in a supermarket, but it will stop me passing it on to others, at least that's my understanding anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Haven't watched it yet but going to guess they're blaming the EU and/or China while trying to hide their record of cutting services that would have reduced challenge now face, ignoring warnings back in January/February time, going against WHO advice without explaining why...
    Nothing about China actually (not on this little collection anyway) - it's just a collection of influential people confidently saying that it's just the flu and that the media are making it sound a lot worse than it is. Cut to less than a month later and there's almost 280,000 cases in the US

Yes that, and also they're a good barrier to you absently touching your mouth and nose, which I guess is where the majority of transmissions occur.

A mask might not do loads of help, but it won't hurt either so I think we might as well wear them. Unless you DO sneeze and cough into it a lot, which would make it into a disgusting petri dish attached to your face.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Revealing body language from Dr Birx

Would you want to be associated with a model that was predicting 2.2 million people were going to die in America, which led to the shuttering of the global economy?

Banned

Yes that, and also they're a good barrier to you absently touching your mouth and nose, which I guess is where the majority of transmissions occur.

A mask might not do loads of help, but it won't hurt either so I think we might as well wear them. Unless you DO sneeze and cough into it a lot, which would make it into a disgusting petri dish attached to your face.
    If used sensibly. Like I say, plebs wear gloves that they then discard in trollies which shows a significant number of people wear these things for self protection.

I saw one woman wearing a comically drenched mask , so wet you could see her lips through it at certain angles. Nothing covering her nose.

So, the correct types need to be distributed, probably with cleaning equipment to prompt people to use them correctly.

Personally, considering I only ever go out to get food now, I am happy that social distancing will be enough. The question in my mind has always been "am I asymptomatic" rather than "I hope to God I don't get it" so I behave as if I may have it. Which probably means I should consider a mask (responsibly) but what type, and am I taking equipment from those that really need it by buying one for what is, essentially, a 45 minute period outside where I am keeping a distance from fellow shoppers?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've ordered some this morning for the very reason you mention - I don't think it will prevent me catching the virus in a supermarket, but it will stop me passing it on to others, at least that's my understanding anyway.
    Where did you order from Paul ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Would you want to be associated with a model that was predicting 2.2 million people were going to die in America, which led to the shuttering of the global economy?
    Why anyone every bothers interacting with you on here is beyond me.

Not only are you full of shit but you’re a complete wanker along with it.

7000 deaths and already 2 weeks from its peak. They are proper ****ed however much you keep going on about the economy.

International

I think that is the point with people wearing masks, normally to black polutants in the air, you see a lot of people ( mainly asians for some reason)s doing this often in UK.
    But to wear one for the pandemic does puzzle me a little.
    If you are social distancing it makes me think that you have the virus and you are wearing it to stop preading it to other people, like people do when the have flu, which of course would be crazy... if you have it you should be nowhere near other people

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think that is the point with people wearing masks, normally to black polutants in the air, you see a lot of people ( mainly asians for some reason)s doing this often in UK.
    But to wear one for the pandemic does puzzle me a little.
    If you are social distancing it makes me think that you have the virus and you are wearing it to stop preading it to other people, like people do when the have flu, which of course would be crazy... if you have it you should be nowhere near other people
    Isn't it that everyone might have it but no one knows they have it because it has a 2 week incubation period and some people can be asymptotic

Banned

https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/hygiene-face-mask-ffp2-n95

Like I say, I have no idea if they sell 1000 today if that means that 1000 frontline staff members are going to be denied access.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Why anyone every bothers interacting with you on here is beyond me.

Not only are you full of shit but you’re a complete wanker along with it.
    The point I am making is why would Trump want to have anything to do with the original 2.2 million deaths model that lardy posted, which the media keep on trying to connect him with. He might be dumb, but he's not totally fecking stupid, and he rightly distanced himself from the model that was put forward by government experts, including the one who was standing next to him.

PS you are a jumped up wanker on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Trump’s reaction to this has been scary. What’s it going to take for him to start acting like a leader and take this seriously.

How does anyone support a man like this? Is it ignorance or just because they’re a ****?
    The only way that Trump will take this seriously is that one of his family gets infected and dies.

Well done you for broadening the debate.

Did you ever expand on your comment that British DNA is better than Italian DNA so we don't succumb to the virus so easily? Quite a few of us were interested in where you were going with that. Would you care to develop and broaden your thoughts?
    That was a discussion offered by a viralolgist I simply found the theory interesting, it actually makes sense as different cultures have evolved different DNA and immune systems that may at the end of this awful moment in our lives become clearer.

I did also say it was a view not a fact .

I will now to your views as you seem to just have one liners based on folk you doubt like.

I will, happily afford you views on why this virus behaviours as it does from and one region to another or country , or human make.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The only way that Trump will take this seriously is that one of his family gets infected and dies.
    He's a strange man indeed .

It's as if he feel needs to say something controversial, sometimes its a canny tactic , this one is strange ,unless he's been advised to say this , for some reason , if every American wears a marks does that not desimatete global supplies perhaps, and remove the gloves support,y to health workers, I'm not good on numbers ??

Ah yes the alt right line. ‘Let’s get the economy going, f**l people’s health even though it will cost us more by ruining health care systems as long as our beloved right wing billionaires get their share prices back up’

He's a strange man indeed .

It's as if he feel needs to say something controversial, sometimes its a canny tactic , this one is strange ,unless he's been advised to say this , for some reason , if every American wears a marks does that not desimatete global supplies perhaps, and remove the gloves support,y to health workers, I'm not good on numbers ??
    I noticed the people who were asking the questions with a news headline in mind weren't wearing any masks either.

That was a discussion offered by a viralolgist I simply found the theory interesting, it actually makes sense as different cultures have evolved different DNA and immune systems that may at the end of this awful moment in our lives become clearer.

I did also say it was a view not a fact .

I will now to your views as you seem to just have one liners based on folk you doubt like.

I will, happily afford you views on why this virus behaviours as it does from and one region to another or country , or human make.
    Maybe you could link to the virologist's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Where did you order from Paul ?
    I searched face marks for sale and clicked on the e bay link. They were about the fifth one down, blue with a British flag on the ad. There's free postage on it and they're saying they can get them to me on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Ah yes the alt right line. ‘Let’s get the economy going, f**l people’s health even though it will cost us more by ruining health care systems as long as our beloved right wing billionaires get their share prices back up’
    Ah, so it's all an alt right conspiracy theory and the global economy is actually in great shape, and will be fine moving forward. Thanks for this excellent news, and for putting everybody's mind at ease