+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump, masks 'they're not for me'...

Trump, masks 'they're not for me'...

Probably not the best person to be President at the moment. Bizarrely his ratings are up.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-trump-latest
    The CDC issued new recommendations for people to wear masks or face coverings while in public. The president undermined the guidelines almost immediately after announcing them, insisting that he wouldn’t wear masks because “they’re not for me”.
    People are surprised I understand this stuff...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...and-this-stuff

Re: Trump, masks 'they're not for me'...

And this one where he blames Obama for not having working tests. He's quite probably the world's most dangerous man right now.

Revealing body language from Dr Birx

At his White House press conferences, all the reporters and journalists are social distancing, whilst behind him all his experts are usually standing shoulder to shoulder.
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    At his White House press conferences, all the reporters and journalists are social distancing, whilst behind him all his experts are usually standing shoulder to shoulder.
    Unbelievable.
    Perhaps ,THEY Know something the rest of us don't know like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Unbelievable.
    He wants to be seen as "leading" and well-liked so the people in the background are photo fodder to feed Trump's naricism. A narcissistic psychopath who rules by fiction. How long before he declares himself eternal leader and insists on having a giant statue of himself built, at which the gullible gun-toters can pay homage?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    Perhaps ,THEY Know something the rest of us don't know like.
    Like?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Like?
    I'm a nutter and a Conspiracy theorist like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Probably not the best person to be President at the moment. Bizarrely his ratings are up.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-trump-latest
    The CDC issued new recommendations for people to wear masks or face coverings while in public. The president undermined the guidelines almost immediately after announcing them, insisting that he wouldn’t wear masks because “they’re not for me”.
    People are surprised I understand this stuff...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...and-this-stuff
    Out of interest, has the CDC actually conducted a study into the effectiveness of wearing masks to prevent being infected? Or, is their guidance based on the principal that we are all asymptomatic and so should wear masks to prevent passing on the infection?

My issue with masks is that it gives people a false sense of security, they are not cleaned properly, and people just think "I have this on, now I am OK". It's like those selfish idiots who dump their gloves in trolleys after shopping, so that the next customer has to remove them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    I'm a nutter and a Conspiracy theorist like.

Ah, so I shouldn't expect an answer.

Like?
    He'll get back to you in a while when his lot have come up with something they've agreed upon, so you may have a long wait because the alt right conspiracy crowd have had a dreadful time of it when it comes to Covid 19.

Ah, so I shouldn't expect an answer.
    You definitely shouldn't expect a sensible answer without a smiley.

The debate on the effectiveness of wearing mask has been on going for 15 plus years , in Asia its seen as a normal thing , some wear them in large polluted cities or on crowded public transportation .

Many renowned scientists have claimed there is no evidence to suggest their effectiveness.

I do wonder if they are a form of psychological comfort blanket ?

You could argue though if a person had a flu type virus that may contain it , if it the right mask .??

Who knows , neither experts, the Trump , or you and I don't.

My gut feeling , if asks worked there would be evidence of less flu type viruses in Asia where they have always been worn , and thats appears not to be the case .

I find it very hard to watch him without wanting to smash his face in.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The debate on the effectiveness of wearing mask has been on going for 15 plus years , in Asia its seen as a normal thing , some wear them in large polluted cities or on crowded public transportation .

Many renowned scientists have claimed there is no evidence to suggest their effectiveness.

I do wonder if they are a form of psychological comfort blanket ?

You could argue though if a person had a flu type virus that may contain it , if it the right mask .??

Who knows , neither experts, the Trump , or you and I don't.

My gut feeling , if asks worked there would be evidence of less flu type viruses in Asia where they have always been worn , and thats appears not to be the case .
    I think the point is that, at a conference to advise everyone to wear masks, trump says oh no, I'm not gonna wear one, of course not.

Also, wearing a mask for pollution and a mask for a virus is not quite the same thing.

Trump may not want one, but the rest of the yanks do
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52161995

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think the point is that, at a conference to advise everyone to wear masks, trump says oh no, I'm not gonna wear one, of course not.

Also, wearing a mask for pollution and a mask for a virus is not quite the same thing.
    Exactly.

This makes me so angry, the arrogance of these people. Blood on their hands

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/sta...523453957?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Fox News

Wow, just wow is, I believe, the current vernacular for expressing disbelief. That's quite frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I simply broadened the debate.

I don't care what mad Trump states , one is allowed to develop an important topic that effects life .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I simply broadened the debate.

I don't care what mad Trump states , one is allowed to develop an important topic that effects life .
    Well done you for broadening the debate.

Did you ever expand on your comment that British DNA is better than Italian DNA so we don't succumb to the virus so easily? Quite a few of us were interested in where you were going with that. Would you care to develop and broaden your thoughts?

Utterly bizarre. A very strange country, in part at the forefront of the first world, but scratch the surface and it has a lot in common with developing countries. And trump is a dangerous moron. They could be pariahs by the end of all of this- their entire reaction as a federal government at least has been utterly and consistently idiotic and criminally incompetent. Where is lee harvey oswald when you need him?

When I finished watching it, I was asked if I wanted to watch it again - once was more than enough, how are they so certain about a virus which, seemingly, did not exist until five months ago?

Trump’s reaction to this has been scary. What’s it going to take for him to start acting like a leader and take this seriously.

How does anyone support a man like this? Is it ignorance or just because they’re a ****?