+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching Wales - Germany?

Re: Anyone watching Wales - Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't believe what i'm reading. Glenn hoddle could see a pass before most players had even got out of bed and brushed their teeth. If he was playing now then he'd be subject to the same training methods, diet plans, resting periods etc. According to you though, he may not be able to cope.
    Yeah agreed. He would be worth an absolute fortune as a player in today’s game.

Hoddle would be twice the player nowadays than in the 80s.

a nice article in the WOL regarding how rugby has changed over the years. You can apply this too in every contact sport

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ayers-10376705

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    a nice article in the WOL regarding how rugby has changed over the years. You can apply this too in every contact sport

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ayers-10376705
    That article is just reinforcing what i and others are saying. Players aren't behaving in the way that they did 30 years ago-shock-Horror! Are you saying that a modern day Bobby Charlton, with the advantage of medicine, Science, Living standards, dietary needs, training methods etc, wouldn't get into the Manchester United team of today-Are you really saying that?

Anyone know if there is another Wales game being shown today?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, I thought that was a bit odd. Also, how awful were Grahame Lloyd and Leighton James? Lloyd must be one of the worst commentators Welsh football has had. Heard somewhere he didn't get on all that well with the late Phil Suarez.
    BBC Wales, at that stage, rarely showed international football games. Note also their use of words like "soccer". "Football" was preceded by the word "rugby". Our sport was "soccer". It has changed now, but the sport was treated with disdain by BBC Wales at the time.

I remember being annoyed by Shilton being in the studio. I badly wanted to go to that game, but we couldn't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone know if there is another Wales game being shown today?
    Just checked, they're showing the Wales v Ireland Grand Slam winning game in 2005 this afternoon, but no football.

Only BBC Wales is showing Rugby. The other BBC regions are showing highlights from 4 World Cup games. There will undoubtedly be an England bias but it may be better than nothing.

You can also watch Wales V Belgium from Euro 2016 Qualifying on the FAW Facebook page at 3pm -https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/faw-re...ying-campaign/