+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Were/Are You Going On Holiday This Year?

Re: Where Were/Are You Going On Holiday This Year?

Has this global crisis got anyone starting to think about potentially limiting their travel abroad to help slow down the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Meant to be going to Croatia late July.

Thought I’d be a clever ****er this year and booked flights via easyJet and a villa via air bnb to save on the ridiculous prices package holidays charge in the school holidays.

Boy is my face red and not from sunburn.
    Airbnb are giving 100% refunds at the moment I think. You never know July might be a lot less bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Has this global crisis got anyone starting to think about potentially limiting their travel abroad to help slow down the next one?
    Yes definitely been thinking about it, I travel for work too so I’ve always felt a bit guilty for taking a lot of holidays where I have to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Such curtailment will obviously benefit the environment but economically damage many countries that depend on tourism.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Such curtailment will obviously benefit the environment but economically damage many countries that depend on tourism.
    And all the airlines, travel agents etc providing jobs for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    And all the airlines, travel agents etc providing jobs for people.
    And the poor workforce who when they end up back in work will receive the shit end to the loss made by these companies. There's going to be alot of emotional blackmail thrown workers way when this shit has elapsed, people having to work more hours at with reduced pay and conditions in order to supplement the losses of the shareholders and unions doing jack shit to intervene. Those profits need claing back-Get ready....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some of those will also be i) countries predicted to feel negative impact of climate change the most and ii) countries who are furthest behind in changing national behaviour because of the way their economies are run.

The organisation I work for was previously very reluctant to have people working from home but potentially are now seeing it's doable. As long as others are seeing the same, perhaps local pollution/emissions will reduce because of solutions which have been found.

We should have been on a music cruise out of Miami now. Gran Canaria cancelled in May. Ibiza with wife, daughter and grandkids in August almost certainly cancelled. Likewise Cyprus in October. Not overly concerned or disappointed. At times like this, it's wise to be pragmatic and concentrate on things in life that really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We should have been on a music cruise out of Miami now. Gran Canaria cancelled in May. Ibiza with wife, daughter and grandkids in August almost certainly cancelled. Likewise Cyprus in October. Not overly concerned or disappointed. At times like this, it's wise to be pragmatic and concentrate on things in life that really matter.
    What's a music cruise?

Was supposed to have gone to Cyprus 3 weeks ago

International

Thinly veiled, "We can afford 3 holidays a year" post.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I normally go on 3 holidays a year, March, June and September a week at a time

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What's a music cruise?
    There are themed cruises now with guest lecturers/musicians/writers/performers. I've even heard of, I think it's called, fabric free cruises. Cruise companies are tapping up niche markets to increase their profit margins...or they were.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Maths not your strong point ?!! Try 4.

Anyhow, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis, so regular trips to warmer climes certainly helps her health. At our age we've brought up the kids, paid the mortgage so why not travel ?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What's a music cruise?
    Lots of them available nowadays. Usually about 20-30 odd bands or solo artists play several times each on board ship. Typically there are cruises for Prog Rock, Blues, Heavy Metal etc. Plus there are photo opportunities, Q & A sessions and much more. If it's your bag, it's great for meeting like-minded people from all over the world with similar musical tastes.

Maths not your strong point ?!! Try 4.

Anyhow, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis, so regular trips to warmer climes certainly helps her health. At our age we've brought up the kids, paid the mortgage so why not travel ?
    I wouldn't go to the expense mate, i'd just buy my missus a tube of deep heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wouldn't go to the expense mate, i'd just buy my missus a tube of deep heat.

Wow, with such sage advice, I'm surprised you've never taken up your vocation as a rheumatologist.

Lots of them available nowadays. Usually about 20-30 odd bands or solo artists play several times each on board ship. Typically there are cruises for Prog Rock, Blues, Heavy Metal etc. Plus there are photo opportunities, Q & A sessions and much more. If it's your bag, it's great for meeting like-minded people from all over the world with similar musical tastes.
    Ahh I see, ta.

I'm supposed to be in Mauritius right now. Can't even go to Barry Island!!

Weekends in Vienna and Stuttgart (for the supposedly last weekend of their football season). How's everyone getting on with the refunds? Expedia tell you not to call until 3 days before your departure date but the other day emailed a cancellation form, but that didn't guarantee a refund. Not sure how many will offer a credit (which I don't mind) or will try and keep the loot.

Turkey tomorrow and then 5 matches at the Euros