Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People Gathering in Parks etc

Re: People Gathering in Parks etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed. Which means they're dead thick.
    Well, when you put it like that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "Deserve everything they get" within the context of my post you tit, i.e £100 fine. I'm not suggesting they get shot on sight. I'd say £100 is fair for being a retarded bellend, especially as literally the only thing that's on the news or is being spoken about is why they shouldn't gather together.

This is exactly what's happening now, and people are ignoring it.
    There are people with authority marshalling the parks and beaches? I didn't know that, i thought that the police were just driving around and sending the PCSO's out to walk the streets. Please don't call me a tit, i have never insulted you on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There are people with authority marshalling the parks and beaches? I didn't know that, i thought that the police were just driving around and sending the PCSO's out to walk the streets. Please don't call me a tit, i have never insulted you on here.
    Sorry, I felt it was an appropriate response to "daft", didn't mean any aggro behind it.

No, but the police are meant to be clamping down. Your idea of marshalls just defeats the object of quarantine though doesn't? The idea is to minimise the amount of people outside so putting together an army of people to patrol the parks and beaches across the UK (if I understand you correctly) is slightly self defeating. Isn't it better in our situation to give stronger deterrents to a few than give weak deterrents to many?

Sorry, I felt it was an appropriate response to "daft", didn't mean any aggro behind it.

No, but the police are meant to be clamping down. Your idea of marshalls just defeats the object of quarantine though doesn't? The idea is to minimise the amount of people outside so putting together an army of people to patrol the parks and beaches across the UK (if I understand you correctly) is slightly self defeating. Isn't it better in our situation to give stronger deterrents to a few than give weak deterrents to many?
    I suppose we could say that sending the police out is a bit self defeating as well although i do understand your point. I think that patrols would be better than outright fines (to start with) even if there were fines in place then people would have to be caught in the act so to speak, wouldn't that take an almost constant presence to implement? If so, wouldn't it be better to have highly visible people employed to patrol?

Sorry i said that your point was Daft

I suppose we could say that sending the police out is a bit self defeating as well although i do understand your point. I think that patrols would be better than outright fines (to start with) even if there were fines in place then people would have to be caught in the act so to speak, wouldn't that take an almost constant presence to implement? If so, wouldn't it be better to have highly visible people employed to patrol?

Blokes saying sorry, this MB is getting too soft
    I've avoided saying anything about Gov. policy as there isn't a recent precedent to follow and criticising isn't helpful, I would like to see
    Johnson get a few other party leaders together and have a cross party body to deal with this and with a new Lab leader now is an ideal opportunity., I do think however, that the policy of one excersize a day is open to interpretation, people going out for an hour (cycle walk etc.) are within guidelines, the way I understand the policy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    But the beach itself is not outside their houses, mountains are not, parks are not

Shall we just disagree to disagree
    Acually in some of these places the beach is that close to peoples homes, closer than llandaff fields is to me and thats about 500 yds

Banned

Close petrol stations to non-essential people.

I guess we could go back and forth all day. The on the spot £30 fines at the minute aren't deterring a certain type of person and I think maybe £100 would but there's no way of knowing.

This guy's clearly got a plan, maybe we both just jump onboard with him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...says-compares/

I guess we could go back and forth all day. The on the spot £30 fines at the minute aren't deterring a certain type of person and I think maybe £100 would but there's no way of knowing.

This guy's clearly got a plan, maybe we both just jump onboard with him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...says-compares/
    Sounds like a plan. If you ever get the chance to go to Heath park on a nice day (when this is over) there are people who have their full walking gear on to walk through the woods, it takes about 2 minutes. Maybe the bears could sort these people out, just because the really annoy me

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Blokes saying sorry, this MB is getting too soft
    I've avoided saying anything about Gov. policy as there isn't a recent precedent to follow and criticising isn't helpful, I would like to see
    Johnson get a few other party leaders together and have a cross party body to deal with this and with a new Lab leader now is an ideal opportunity., I do think however, that the policy of one excersize a day is open to interpretation, people going out for an hour (cycle walk etc.) are within guidelines, the way I understand the policy.
    I don't like insulting people Remember when TLG would have about 15 arguments on the go at the same time? It would exhaust me just reading the threads. Absolute quality entertainment though, especially on the old format where you could see the names jumping down the page

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I have taken on board the comments here. I could argue certain points but I accept there is no argument. I won't be repeating it.
    Good man.

Something I believe is genuinely important is that those of us who do grasp the realities of the current situation set as good as an example as we possibly can for those who seemingly can't. And I also believe that no matter how careful we're being, the less time we spend out and about, the easier it will be for the authorities to gain a true picture of how the population is behaving and the quicker we're likely to see a resolution of some sort that will be to our benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Good man.

Something I believe is genuinely important is that those of us who do grasp the realities of the current situation set as good as an example as we possibly can for those who seemingly can't. And I also believe that no matter how careful we're being, the less time we spend out and about, the easier it will be for the authorities to gain a true picture of how the population is behaving and the quicker we're likely to see a resolution of some sort that will be to our benefit.
    If anything comes from this, then i hope that there's some kind of legislation passed over massive fat women who block supermarket aisles with their trolleys while deciding which ****ing cheese to buy.

International

If anything comes from this, then i hope that there's some kind of legislation passed over massive fat women who block supermarket aisles with their trolleys while deciding which ****ing cheese to buy.
    The slimline one obviously, to go with their big mac and diet cola!!!!

Anyway, back to people gathering in parks and the use of water cannon

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You have the right name parker

What about a crop sprayer? They could fill it with tear gas, that should do the job!!

You've got to feel sorry for the child=No chance.

Can't they lock the parks too? Make everything locked that you basically get people only being able to be out in the streets?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Can't they lock the parks too? Make everything locked that you basically get people only being able to be out in the streets?
    You live imn London, Right? Have you ever been to Clapham Common, Tooting Common etc

Members of the public should stay at home and not be tempted out by good weather, the government says.
    In particular, Health Secretary Matt Hancock warned: "Sunbathing is against the rules that have been set out for important public health reasons."
    Restrictions put in place to combat coronavirus state that everybody must stay at home where possible, and only leave if they have a "reasonable excuse". This includes:
    Exercise - alone, or with members of your household
    Shopping for basic necessities
    Any medical need, or providing care for a vulnerable person
    Travel to or from work, but only when you cannot work from home
    What are the rules on exercise?
    Warnings to stay away from beaches, national parks and other destinations were made in the run-up to the weekend as forecasters predicted warm weather. In some areas on Sunday temperatures exceeded 20C.
    If you have to go outside you should stay more than 2m (6ft) apart from anyone other than members of your own household. This is what's known as social distancing.
    Government guidance urges people to "stay local", use open spaces near their home and avoid unnecessary travel
    Guidance to police says that the public shouldn't be sanctioned for "travelling a reasonable distance to exercise" - although no definition has been given
    People should only exercise once a day, although in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland there is no legal ban on exercising more than that. In Wales, which sets its own health regulations, exercising more than once a day is now illegal - and potentially a criminal offence
    You can exercise alone or with members of your own household
    Gatherings of more than two in parks and public spaces have been banned (ruling out most team sports)
    Dogs can be walked as part of a person's daily exercise

You live imn London, Right? Have you ever been to Clapham Common, Tooting Common etc
    Not really the ones to the South but I get what you are implying and same can be said about Mile End Park. Maybe physical barricades? But issue is that for them to be cost effective they need to be used long-term and storage costs...

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Not really the ones to the South but I get what you are implying and same can be said about Mile End Park. Maybe physical barricades? But issue is that for them to be cost effective they need to be used long-term and storage costs...
    It's going to be very difficult to manage.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the British public.

Some people are sometimes disgraceful and thoughtless, thankfully the majority care

I'm sure if one of thiers dies it will be someone else's fault , in the world of blame , moan and no responsibility.