+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: People Gathering in Parks etc

Re: People Gathering in Parks etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That would be difficult.
    not really, make sure its well known that the parks and beaches are shut, if you are caught using them, a nice big fine, lets say £5 K

it'll only take a few getting fined and people will soon stay out of the parks and away from the beach

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'd recommend you stay home, full stop.
    This... what is so difficult to understand...respect everyone.. end of

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's going to be very difficult to manage.
    Victoria park is all looked up but it's going to be difficult to manage others.

London fields was pretty busy on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Victoria park is all looked up but it's going to be difficult to manage others.

London fields was pretty busy on sunday.
    I suppose the only thing that could be done is to close them and tell the public that they risk fines if they enter the public space, although i don't really want to go down that route initially.

I'm doing a bit from home today and one of the benefits is that I get to choose which radio station to listen to, I've been listening to LBC this morning since 08.00 (usually listen to Talk Radio) James O'Brien has had a very good debate going about the outdoor excersize issue

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the British public.
    https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1835...-swear-police/
    A PAIR of beach-goers parked themselves on the pebbles and lit a barbecue as they flouted new "stay at home" measures put in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Police arrived to move the duo along from their chosen site near Hove lawns shortly before 3.30pm.

Passers-by rallied in support of the force with some yelling at the couple to "get off the beach".

One witness, who asked not to be named, said: "She seemed to be horrified that they were being asked to move along.

"There was a lot of support for the officers and members of the public were shouting at her to move along and listen to the police."

In a video of the incident an officer calmly explained to the pair that "everybody is sick of what is going on in the world" but said that seeing the two of them enjoying a barbecue on the beach, contravening Government advice, "was going to wind people up".

Police spoke to them for several minutes.

Eventually, one of the officers poured a helmet full of water over the barbecue to extinguish it.

Police have been given new powers to enforce social distancing guidelines, which aim to limit the impact of coronavirus in the UK.