+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: People Gathering in Parks etc

People Gathering in Parks etc

Time to warn people that because the weather is getting a touch warmer the fire brigade are going to start using water cannons to prevent the grass from dying. If you get in the way, tough.

Re: People Gathering in Parks etc

I reckon £100 on the spot fine now. Everybody knows the rules, everybody knows why the rules are in place, everybody can see the daily human toll of people not following the rules. There's absolutely no excuse for the selfishness. £100 on the spot, not £30. Or tear gas.

just shut the beaches and parks, end of

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just shut the beaches and parks, end of
    That would be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I reckon £100 on the spot fine now. Everybody knows the rules, everybody knows why the rules are in place, everybody can see the daily human toll of people not following the rules. There's absolutely no excuse for the selfishness. £100 on the spot, not £30. Or tear gas.
    100 quid fine is a bit harsh. Maybe the Council could employ people who could monitor and ask people to get a wriggle on if they're hanging about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That would be difficult.
    Why would it be difficult,Spain did it

100 quid fine is a bit harsh. Maybe the Council could employ people who could monitor and ask people to get a wriggle on if they're hanging about.
    I really do not understand your logic... it’s not difficult... prevention is better than cure. If people abide by a set of rules no one pays any fines... you seem to be saying that the punishment of £100 is greater than the crime??
    People are dying... go out but go somewhere where people aren’t... there’s lots of places that aren’t beaches or parks.

I’d make the fines £,000’s

Today is probably the bigger challenge, but the impression I got about yesterday was that people stuck to the rules far more than they did a fortnight ago - am I wrong in believing that?

There needs to be tougher penalties

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I really do not understand your logic... it’s not difficult... prevention is better than cure. If people abide by a set of rules no one pays any fines... you seem to be saying that the punishment of £100 is greater than the crime??
    People are dying... go out but go somewhere where people aren’t... there’s lots of places that aren’t beaches or parks.

I’d make the fines £,000’s
    All i said that i think that a £100 fine is a bit harsh (especially at a time when people aren't getting paid) Then you're saying that you would massively increase the Fine? Then you go on to tell me what i already no, almost putting words in my mouth. I think that Marshal's with the power to approach people and keep an eye on things would be better practice.

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    Why would it be difficult,Spain did it
    Because a park and a beach can be a widespread area with unconventional ways of entry-logistically it's difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Today is probably the bigger challenge, but the impression I got about yesterday was that people stuck to the rules far more than they did a fortnight ago - am I wrong in believing that?
    I agree.

International

I read somewhere about groups of youths on bicycles gathering in parks and local open areas. Clearly they aren't going to get caught easily to speak to them.

With these perhaps they should be filmed/photgraphed (By drone?) and identified. Then fine their parents the £100 mentioned and tag the individual so if he/she goes too far from home they get fined again.
    Harsh but probably effective.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I read somewhere about groups of youths on bicycles gathering in parks and local open areas. Clearly they aren't going to get caught easily to speak to them.

With these perhaps they should be filmed/photgraphed (By drone?) and identified. Then fine their parents the £100 mentioned and tag the individual so if he/she goes too far from home they get fined again.
    Harsh but probably effective.
    Why can't the government just find a way of supervising these areas that are causing issues? I'm sure that an element of authoritarian presence would be enough for most people to think twice. The problem is that when people have certain freedoms within constraints then some will take advantage of the situation. They may be stupid and need a bit of reminding.

Because a park and a beach can be a widespread area with unconventional ways of entry-logistically it's difficult.
    Still think you are wrong, a total lockdown is needed, would stop idiots going to parks and beaches also stop the idiots riding their cycle for 20km into the countryside

International

How do they expect scottish people to rerspond to being told to lock themselves down when the Scottish Governemt top medical Advisor has just been cautioned by police for not complying with her own advice?

And we are discussing ordinary folk.

Considering the impact coronavirus has, it is nothing. People are dying, the NHS is struggling. These damn clowns should have harsher punishments

Still think you are wrong, a total lockdown is needed, would stop idiots going to parks and beaches also stop the idiots riding their cycle for 20km into the countryside
    So we're going to punish th 95% in order to allow for the idiots. They'll still do it even if there's a complete lockdown. People are allowed to go to the beach and to the park, as long as they adhere to the 2mtr rule that has been implemented. The problem is that on sunny days the capacity of the parks and beaches becomes reduced due to volume of people. That's where the government needs to step in and monitor and act if need be in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Considering the impact coronavirus has, it is nothing. People are dying, the NHS is struggling. These damn clowns should have harsher punishments
    I know, i just don't agree with fines for people when there is another way of dealing with this that could be effective.

So we're going to punish th 95% in order to allow for the idiots. They'll still do it even if there's a complete lockdown. People are allowed to go to the beach and to the park, as long as they adhere to the 2mtr rule that has been implemented. The problem is that on sunny days the capacity of the parks and beaches becomes reduced due to volume of people. That's where the government needs to step in and monitor and act if need be in my opinion.
    You are only allowed to go out and exercise in your area not travel to areas to exercise
    To get to a beach you’d have to travel by car

International

You are only allowed to go out and exercise in your area not travel to areas to exercise
    Not if you lived in Brighton, Barry, Bournmouth, skegness.... shall we go on?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Not if you lived in Brighton, Barry, Bournmouth, skegness.... shall we go on?
    But the beach itself is not outside their houses, mountains are not, parks are not

Shall we just disagree to disagree

Yes, i know that. I'm not representing the idiots that do that or defending them.

But the beach itself is not outside their houses, mountains are not, parks are not

Shall we just disagree to disagree
    I live down the bay , an attraction for those in this area , quite highly populated with walkers and cyclists.

Yesterday I went up the Taff Trail , after I got away from Cardiff there were very few people about . Would you recommend I stayed closer to home?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    £100 for everyone. So, if you're a dad out with 2 kids, £300.