+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People Gathering in Parks etc

Re: People Gathering in Parks etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would you recommend I stayed closer to home?
    I'd recommend you stay home, full stop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just shut the beaches and parks, end of
    That is going to be easy, why didn't anyone think of this?

I live down the bay , an attraction for those in this area , quite highly populated with walkers and cyclists.

Yesterday I went up the Taff Trail , after I got away from Cardiff there were very few people about . Would you recommend I stayed closer to home?
    I think that the government guidlines state that you should stay within the locality. Keep things to a minimum a sort of get i, get out mentality, that's my interpretation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes, i know that. I'm not representing the idiots that do that or defending them.
    You can share your opinion on my question.

The stupidest people I saw yesterday were congregated at the weir . Maybe they were keeping their distances but it was against the warnings form the government.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Considering the impact coronavirus has, it is nothing. People are dying, the NHS is struggling. These damn clowns should have harsher punishments
    I agree. £100 may be a lot of money, but we had the news today that we only have half the ventilators we need. The strain on the NHS from not clamping down on the minority of selfish idiots is going to cost lives.

Banned

I live down the bay , an attraction for those in this area , quite highly populated with walkers and cyclists.

Yesterday I went up the Taff Trail , after I got away from Cardiff there were very few people about . Would you recommend I stayed closer to home?
    Why are you going that far? What are you doing all day that means you don't know about the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'd recommend you stay home, full stop.
    I am still working. I cant do that from home.

I live down the bay.....Yesterday I went up the Taff Trail.....
    Which begs the question: why?

You can share your opinion on my question.

The stupidest people I saw yesterday were congregated at the weir . Maybe they were keeping their distances but it was against the warnings form the government.
    I think that travelling to any destination that isn't essential at the moment is a daft thing to do.

I am still working. I cant do that from home.
    Were you travelling up the Taff trail yesterday for work purposes?

Yes much closer to home. You shouldn’t be going out for more than an hour and you certainly shouldn’t be driving anywhere unless it’s for work you can’t do from home .

My daughter in law is a Nurse dealing on an everyday basis with the real impact of this virus. I would take a few of these idiots( because they might think that they are clever but they are not, they are idiots) to their local hospital to see the patients who are fighting for every breath and often not with a successful outcome. I would then take them to talk to those people, doctors and nurses and others, who are putting their lives at risk in trying to save lives and explain to them why they believe that the rules do not apply to them. Film everything and then put them on Primetime TV to give their reaction.

OK I know that is will not happen but a fine of £100 may deter some but not all. Something more radical is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes much closer to home. You shouldn’t be going out for more than an hour and you certainly shouldn’t be driving anywhere unless it’s for work you can’t do from home .
    Unless I am working the only place I drive is the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    My daughter in law is a Nurse dealing on an everyday basis with the real impact of this virus. I would take a few of these idiots( because they might think that they are clever but they are not, they are idiots) to their local hospital to see the patients who are fighting for every breath and often not with a successful outcome. I would then take them to talk to those people, doctors and nurses and others, who are putting their lives at risk in trying to save lives and explain to them why they believe that the rules do not apply to them. Film everything and then put them on Primetime TV to give their reaction.

OK I know that is will not happen but a fine of £100 may deter some but not all. Something more radical is required.
    WELL SAID AND I KNOW I AM SHOUTING BE THE IDIOTS ARE STILL THERE,hope your daughter and her colleges stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post

I wouldn't do any of the things you mention at the moment, what with social distancing and all that. Maybe your point is rhetorical.

100 quid fine is a bit harsh. Maybe the Council could employ people who could monitor and ask people to get a wriggle on if they're hanging about.
    Why is it harsh? As I said, people know the rules are in place, and why, and the consequences of not adhering to them. It's their choice to disregard that and put others at risk of death and extending the quarantine so they deserve everything they get. It's selfishness and a lack of concern for other people, pure and simple. "I'm bored, I want to go out with my friends/club so f**k the rules"

If they've lost their jobs and don't want to get a fine, don't congregate in groups. It's simple. I won't get fined the £100 because I won't be acting selfish and flouting the rules. They'd have that exact same option, and if they choose to ignore it then that's their fault and their fault only.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why is it harsh? As I said, people know the rules are in place, and why, and the consequences of not adhering to them. It's their choice to disregard that and put others at risk of death and extending the quarantine so they deserve everything they get. It's selfishness and a lack of concern for other people, pure and simple. "I'm bored, I want to go out with my friends/club so f**k the rules"

If they've lost their jobs and don't want to get a fine, don't congregate in groups. It's simple. I won't get fined the £100 because I won't be acting selfish and flouting the rules. They'd have that exact same option, and if they choose to ignore it then that's their fault and their fault only.
    They will only know how serious this is (let's be honest, most of them a dead thick) when they hear of a friend who had a huge fine. Or, worse, a friend who died. That's really the level of intelligence we are dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    They will only know how serious this is (let's be honest, most of them a dead thick) when they hear of a friend who had a huge fine. Or, worse, a friend who died. That's really the level of intelligence we are dealing with.
    I disagree with most of them being dead thick, that's what makes it so infuriating. Stupidity and lack of understanding is slightly forgiveable, a lot of these people think they're above the rules, or they don't apply to them

I really didn't need all of that. I think it's harsh because there are other ways to tackle this problem. To instigate a fine system we we need bodies on the ground, doing the leg work. I'd rather (for now) those people used as a deterrent with maybe the warning of stricter measures if they continue. I believe that we'd see a change. People don't 'Deserve everything they get' for being retarded bellends. What a daft thing to say.

I disagree with most of them being dead thick, that's what makes it so infuriating. Stupidity and lack of understanding is slightly forgiveable, a lot of these people think they're above the rules, or they don't apply to them
    You give these people to much credit.

I live down the bay......Yesterday I went up the Taff Trail......
    Same question as half an hour ago: why? If you live in the Bay, why were you going up the Taff Trail yesterday?

Banned

Ignorant then. But, I have always equated ignorance with thickness.

I disagree with most of them being dead thick, that's what makes it so infuriating. Stupidity and lack of understanding is slightly forgiveable, a lot of these people think they're above the rules, or they don't apply to them.
    Indeed. Which means they're dead thick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Same question as half an hour ago: why? If you live in the Bay, why were you going up the Taff Trail yesterday?
    Where I live is on the taff trail .

I have taken on board the comments here .
    I could argue certain points but I accept there is no argument . I won't be repeating it .

I really didn't need all of that. I think it's harsh because there are other ways to tackle this problem. To instigate a fine system we we need bodies on the ground, doing the leg work. I'd rather (for now) those people used as a deterrent with maybe the warning of stricter measures if they continue. I believe that we'd see a change. People don't 'Deserve everything they get' for being retarded bellends. What a daft thing to say.
    "Deserve everything they get" within the context of my post you tit, i.e £100 fine. I'm not suggesting they get shot on sight. I'd say £100 is fair for being a retarded bellend, especially as literally the only thing that's on the news or is being spoken about is why they shouldn't gather together.

I'd rather (for now) those people used as a deterrent with maybe the warning of stricter measures if they continue. I believe that we'd see a change.
    This is exactly what's happening now, and people are ignoring it.