+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    My wife is a pharmacist and being asked to do a lot extra hours. Last Monday she came home from work and collapsed into bed. That same night my son and myself both started shivering, achy, sore throat, I felt a little breathless one of the days but no cough and no high temp. My wife couldn’t get out of bed for the next 6 days and a had a very high temp and lost her taste but no cough and no breathing difficulties. She’s finally seems to be coming through it today. My son and myself improved after around 4 days. Was it the virus? I suspect it was the flu, though unusual we all came down on the same night at the same time. The point is without testing we will never know as I suspect will millions of others who have some but not all of the symptoms. So I’ve no idea how they will ever monitor these cases
    Out of the 12 of us who got this virus about half of us had it worse than the others.
    A few of the boys have lost over a stone in weight and one of the boys a stone and a half.
    I cannot obviously say we have all had it 100%. But c'mon, what are the chances of just the one of us had caught it after all sharing a lot of time together and sharing most of the same symptoms.
    I've been trying to work out how and when we got it?
    It says you are incubated for five and a half days if I read correctly?
    One of the boys went to Cheltenham festival the week we went and said he was feeling a bit unwell the night we left.
    He thought it was because he was tired and hungover from the weeks racing he had gone too. But look at the Gwent/Monmouth area how much people have caught it around here. They say it's because of the Cheltenham festival? Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Either that or to maximise chance of getting best NHS care: it would be a lot easier if we got it one at a time rather than three hundred and fifty-five extra cases in Wales in one day.
    302 new cases today but 27 deaths registered. That number of deaths has only been topped on one day.

Stats provided by this site which takes information from PHW: https://coronaviruscymru.wales/graphs-%26-timeline

Can I just say I hope all posters (and anyone really) who have had this infection, or any other infection that has laid them low, gets well soon and returns to full health asap.

My wife is a pharmacist and being asked to do a lot extra hours. Last Monday she came home from work and collapsed into bed. That same night my son and myself both started shivering, achy, sore throat, I felt a little breathless one of the days but no cough and no high temp. My wife couldn’t get out of bed for the next 6 days and a had a very high temp and lost her taste but no cough and no breathing difficulties. She’s finally seems to be coming through it today. My son and myself improved after around 4 days. Was it the virus? I suspect it was the flu, though unusual we all came down on the same night at the same time. The point is without testing we will never know as I suspect will millions of others who have some but not all of the symptoms. So I’ve no idea how they will ever monitor these cases
    loss of taste is one of the telltale Covid-19 symptoms. it's not something I've heard to happen regularly with flu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    There is no cure .

There wont be a vaccine for some time .

For the country to move forward and get back on its feet , on the whole ,we all have to get it .

Once the number of deaths drop below a certain point , restrictions will be lifted and we will start again.

The deaths are being controlled , which is of course sensible .

The hospital in the millennium stadium is a sign of things to come .

The only positive I can think about it at the moment is a lot of us have had it and aren't aware.

Anyone disagree with my interpretation of the current situation ?
    A lot will depend on the virus itself. If it remains as good at putting people in hospital as it currently is, then I'd expect lockdowns to remain and to be brought back in stages. The vulnerable will also probably be shielded for longer than the 12 weeks In that case. If it mutates and stops making people so ill then it may well get round to infecting all of us over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Can I just say I hope all posters (and anyone really) who have had this infection, or any other infection that has laid them low, gets well soon and returns to full health asap.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have pondered on this myself. As a 70+ year old I am obliged to stay at home 24/7, so here I am in splendid isolation for the last 2 weeks and maybe many more weeks yet. It's not too bad, just missing face to face contact with friends and family. Even when this episode is deemed to be officially "over" and I go out and about once again, how can I be sure that there still aren't a significant number of folk who are asymptomatic also out and about? Might it not have been better that I had caught the virus now and thereby got some immunity? The problem is I would never know if I had got the milder form of the disease, or if not, it would have killed me anyway!

I wouldn't put any store in getting the vaccine - that's going to be a very long way off and, not unreasonably, us geriatrics are going to be way down the priority list!
    Here, the spanish government have started speaking very clearly in recent days about their dedication towards prioritizing the most vulnerable. They have mentioned making masks compulsory outside the home as part of the “de escalation”. They have also talked about testing on a much larger scale (in the tens of millions), even for those with very minor symptoms.

Seeing as things have generally followed a similar pattern in every country, I think you can expect something similar in wales.

I doubt very much you geriatrics will be marched out into crowds of coughing kids and teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    S'not him, mate. Obviously have him confused with someone else who is incredibly negative about the CCFC, slags off Mike Morris & his messageboard
    and posts about people pirating football matches as "stealing".

Sorry, CCFC3P0, you're not the droid we're looking for.
    Its been playing on my mind a little.

I have come across this guy before ... cant quite put my finger on it , he was exceptionally aggressive about
    something that I commented on a couple of weeks age . If it is the Jirga that would make sense , a lot of sense.
    Style is very much Jirga.

I am relatively sure they are developing a test that will confirm if you ever had the virus.
    Very important to see who is immune to the illness for numerous reasons. Assuming you are immune once you have had it.

Heisenberg

Its been playing on my mind a little.

I have come across this guy before ... cant quite put my finger on it , he was exceptionally aggressive about
    something that I commented on a couple of weeks age . If it is the Jirga that would make sense , a lot of sense.
    Style is very much Jirga.
    It's definitely him, mate. 'Do Me A Faerber' is him too. He gives himself away every time he crawls back here after another ban. You'd think he'd have learned to stop using the same language about the same topics by now

He absolutely hates this board (as his slagging off of Mike, the mods and the state of the board in general show) yet he can't stop himself from making a new identity and coming back to post every time he's been banned. It's incredibly sad behaviour (as I told him when he was posting as Badly Ironed Shirt and pretending not to be Jirga).

Banned

It's definitely him, mate. 'Do Me A Faerber' is him too. He gives himself away every time he crawls back here after another ban. You'd think he'd have learned to stop using the same language about the same topics by now

He absolutely hates this board (as his slagging off of Mike, the mods and the state of the board in general show) yet he can't stop himself from making a new identity and coming back to post every time he's been banned. It's incredibly sad behaviour (as I told him when he was posting as Badly Ironed Shirt and pretending not to be Jirga).
    If I am definitely the person you are claiming I am, then I suspect you have proof. I'd be happy to see it. It seems your theory is based on the fact that I use English and, presumably, so did the other person you seem to be linking me with.

If you could, please put all this in a different thread and stop derailing this one. I won't be feeding the troll on this thread any longer.

Banned

I am relatively sure they are developing a test that will confirm if you ever had the virus.
    Very important to see who is immune to the illness for numerous reasons. Assuming you are immune once you have had it.
    They are, they made the huge error of saying it would be available in a matter of a week or two a few weeks ago. Now it is looking like the end of April.

Anti-body tests in weeks? Unlikely. Vaccine in 12-18 months. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If I am definitely the person you are claiming I am, then I suspect you have proof. I'd be happy to see it. It seems your theory is based on the fact that I use English and, presumably, so did the other person you seem to be linking me with.

If you could, please put all this in a different thread and stop derailing this one. I won't be feeding the troll on this thread any longer.
    Nice try, Jirga

Banned

Nice try, Jirga
    Why are you trying to derail this thread? It's a very serious question, because I don't think you have posted on the actual topic once in this thread.

Why are you trying to derail this thread? It's a very serious question, because I don't think you have posted on the actual topic once in this thread.
    Have you ever thought about not responding Jirga? Why do you have 2 accounts on the go again at the moment, weird for someone who hates the board.

Heisenberg

Because I have no interest in debating the topic (happy to read about it though) and I find it hilarious that after all of your many guises on here that you still can't refrain from posting about the same subjects, using the same language and having the same grudges against things/people.

You would think that if you didn't want to be detected as The Artist Formerly Known As Jirga, then you'd try harder to not troll about City, talk about football piracy as "stealing" and hold a grudge against Mike Morris and slag off CCMB (strange for a poster who has only recently joined the board ).

Feel free to keep denying being Jirga, Kris, Badly Ironed Shirt etc. You didn't take long to give up last time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have you ever thought about not responding Jirga? Why do you have 2 accounts on the go again at the moment, weird for someone who hates the board.
    Serious question 1, is this directed at me?
    Serious question 2, what is the relevance to the topic of the thread?

Banned

Because I have no interest in debating the topic
    Thank-you. Now, display your intelligence by refraining from derailing threads you have no interest in debating. Good lad.

They are, they made the huge error of saying it would be available in a matter of a week or two a few weeks ago. Now it is looking like the end of April.

Anti-body tests in weeks? Unlikely. Vaccine in 12-18 months. Unlikely, but not impossible.
    FYI these are the kinds of confident, seemingly educated, passed off as your own statements that lead me to ask you what you do for a living

Heisenberg

Thank-you. Now, display your intelligence by refraining from derailing threads you have no interest in debating. Good lad.
    It all started because Delmbox pointed out that Peltier isn't at the club anymore after your comment about him. I let him know that it wasn't your fault that you didn't know as you no longer support the club. You carried on this ruse of not being Jirga and I have responded accordingly.

Now carry on spending the majority of time on a messageboard you hate with fans of a club that you purport to loathe. Good lad.

It all started because Delmbox pointed out that Peltier isn't at the club anymore after your comment about him. I let him know that it wasn't your fault that you didn't know as you no longer support the club. You carried on this ruse of not being Jirga and I have responded accordingly.

Now carry on spending the majority of time on a messageboard you hate with fans of a club that you purport to loathe. Good lad.
    Pretty sure this is him too - http://www.ccmb.co.uk/search.php?sea...422&pp=&page=5

He's a bit mad I'd say

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    FYI these are the kinds of confident, seemingly educated, passed off as your own statements that lead me to ask you what you do for a living
    Passed off as my own statements? Of course they are. I haven't quoted anyone.

The anti-body tests were mooted during the earliest press conferences. Johnson claimed they would be ready very soon, and implied that would be within a matter of a week or two. The issue is, and always has been, the accuracy of tests. That is why I was a bit skeptical about the claim that these tests would be available in a short time. At the time of his statement, I assumed that work had already been taking place, but when I researched it further I found that it was still very early days. So, I concluded that Johnson was talking crap - possibly in an effort to give us a lift, completely unhelpful of course.

With regards to a vaccine, i am using history. The Zika outbreak of 2015-16 still hasn't produced an approved virus. That is as much a result of the outbreak subsiding as anything else but, considering that the Zika virus was first identified in the 40s, and considering it is related to Yellow Fever (has a vaccine), and Dengue Fever (a dodgy vaccine).

Measles vaccines took over a decade to develop - albeit in the 50s and 60s. It wasn't until the 1980s that the US embarked on a mass vaccination program (measles was killing thousands of Americans a year from the 19. Measles should, really, be eradicated - but the anti-vaxxers are holding us back.

Mumps - vaccines existed in the 40s and were largely ineffective, before more effective vaccines were produced in the 60s.

People have been quoting the flu vaccine on here - you can still get flu even after a vaccine because you are only vaccinated against the most prevalent strain at the time. There are two strains of covid-19 - would one vaccine resolve both? If it does, then would that lengthen the process to create a vaccine? Well, it's not going to make it easier.

As for the virus, will it evolve into more strains? If so, does that make the vaccine ineffective?

I think that you would have less of an inclination to query my work if I was saying things that were more tangible. It is, I think, an attempt to discredit my opinions and views (i.e. an attack on the person, and not the point being made). But, my views on this are based on evidence I have seen.

At some stage, life will have to return to normal. At that stage, considering that sufferers can be asymptomatic (and we really need to know the percentages on that), and some people are more susceptible to suffering from it (we need to know who, why, and how many), we are likely to see further waves. Maybe not as significant in terms of numbers, but certainly significant in terms of effects on our every day lives.

Hopefully, rather than wasting time asking me what I do for a living, you can spend that time looking for things that enhance the debate. It is apparent that is beyond the realms of possibility for many on this forum - it wasn't so long ago that many on here were taking the word of a furniture salesman as fact just because he claimed to be a pilot. Just because his nickname was "Pilot" or something like that.

Just to re-iterate, I am not claiming to be right on any of this. I am just giving my opinions based on things I have heard, read, seen. It's not much different to someone creating a blog telling us why a football club is being run badly - despite having never run anything more complicated than a bath. As long as he says what you want to hear, it's a good blog. When he says something you don't want to hear, it turns into an attack on the person.

No offence here ccfc3p0, not saying this for an argument but just saying it.

No one is going to read 500+ words.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No offence here ccfc3p0, not saying this for an argument but just saying it.

No one is going to read 500+ words.
    That is obvious by the responses.