Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
Unfortunately in this instance yes, I do consider them his cronies. The plan they formulated was a very high risk one that nowhere else in the world was trying and most people working in public health and epidemiology were aghast at. The government had plenty of time to get ahead of the curve but they didn't, they should have been proactive and not reactive, the way they have dealt with this pandemic has been appalling. I truly hope there is a fully independent public enquiry into their handling of the situation.

For full clarity though, I don't have access to the data that his advisors have, and I haven't seen the Imperial model that they have been using. I am an epidemiologist, I have worked in public health and academia including Public Health Wales, Cardiff University, and Swansea University since 1999.
Sweden? Netherlands?

I fully respect your knowledge in the subject.

But if most people in public health and epidemiology were aghast why wasn't there a massive outcry at the start? Yes of course people like John Ashton spoke out fairly early on (seems to have gone quiet recently) but it seemed to me that there were experts on both sides of the arguement in pretty equal numbers.

And what about Public Health England and Wales (and their Scottish equivalent). I presume they would have had an input? Wouldn't they also bear at least some of the responsibility for the problems with testing, PPE and ventilators?

By calling them his cronies aren't you questioning the integrity of people like Chris Witty, Patrick Vallance and Neil Ferguson?