+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Johnson Admitted to Hospital

Re: Johnson Admitted to Hospital

Now I certainly wouldn't wish death on anybody but it's interesting that people are apoplectic when faced with a comment on a message board that has absolutely no effect on anything. Maybe channel that rage at injustice/unfairness onto something more worthy and important.

Out of interest, would those who were apparently outraged by NYCBlue's comment about Johnson have been similarly outraged if someone had made the same comment about Trump or Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Now I certainly wouldn't wish death on anybody but it's interesting that people are apoplectic when faced with a comment on a message board that has absolutely no effect on anything. Maybe channel that rage at injustice/unfairness onto something more worthy and important.
    Same people who go on about people getting offended over nothing too, just a coincidence Im sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Out of interest, would those who were apparently outraged by NYCBlue's comment about Johnson have been similarly outraged if someone had made the same comment about Trump or Putin?
    Yes, particlarly Putin. A leaderless country is like a loose cannon and I think if he dies unexpectedly there would be a bloodbath and its the ordinary people who would suffer, as they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes, particlarly Putin. A leaderless country is like a loose cannon and I think if he dies unexpectedly there would be a bloodbath and its the ordinary people who would suffer, as they usually do.
    The country wont fall apart if johnson doesn't recover , its falling apart already to be fair

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The country wont fall apart if johnson doesn't recover , its falling apart already to be fair
    But the principle stands

I had no idea you were so sensitive. I already knew you were daft as brush, though.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes.
    It takes all sorts I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes.
    Trump ?

I would like to see someone take trump out

And I dont mean for a macdonalds

Hes a very dangerous man

International

I had no idea you were so sensitive. I already knew you were daft as brush, though.
    Trust me, despit the crap on here I'm a long way from daft and rpobably have more experience of life and death than most on here. I just don't discuss it. This is after all only a football chat room not the UN

Trust me......
    I'll politely decline, but thanks for the offer.

International

I'll politely decline, but thanks for the offer.
    you're welcome.

Trust me, despit the crap on here I'm a long way from daft and rpobably have more experience of life and death than most on here. I just don't discuss it. This is after all only a football chat room not the UN
    Have you come back from the dead ?

Kin hell , let's talk !

International

Have you come back from the dead ?

Kin hell , let's talk !
    Not my own thank feck lol

That’s an interesting question.

One that’s answer would vary depending on an individual’s moral compass.
    Me personally, I would find it more expected but still disappointing.
    How abhorrent you find a person’s political or cultural influence, obviously will be factored in.

Both leaders, while divisive seem to be popular amongst their citizens.
    And one was legitimately voted in democratically.
    The question could be extended to Bashar Assad, Sadam Hussein or Kim Jong-un, or roll back to tyrannical leaders of history.

The context here though is a relatively moderate conservative, democratically elected PM being wished dead after he has been taken to hospital....because of political beliefs.

Not only would it be awful for his family as well as his (I’ll) fiancé and unborn child...it would be incredibly damaging to the UK in a situation that is unprecedented in our lifetimes.

I was born in neath , that's not swansea

I reckon you are a raving tory

And rather odd too , you only post when you want to complain about other posters

That's fecking strange
    I have only ever voted Labour.

A lot of the time I prefer to listen than talk. Sometimes though, something boils my piss enough for me to engage.

Everyone has an opinion.
    Yours typically seems to be without nuance.
    And repetitive.
    And authoritarian.

For a Heavy Metal fan...you sure come across as puritanical!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The context here though is a relatively moderate conservative, democratically elected PM being wished dead after he has been taken to hospital....because of political beliefs.
    Or is it because of his political actions?

Personally, I hope Boris makes a full recovery. While I don't believe he's a good man, I don't believe he deserves to die right now either. Leaving any sentiment aside, I think it will be interesting to see how he approaches politics, his leadership and life in general if and when he does recover.

That said, I could make a list right now of people I believe the world would be a better place without, and Trump and Putin would most definitely be on it. I finished watching a three-part Channel 4 documentary on Putin earlier today. His is an amazing story and it was great television. Seriously evil bastard, though. Death for him tomorrow wouldn't be too soon as far as I'm concerned, but it would be too late for plenty of the political opponents he's had murdered.

I have only ever voted Labour.

A lot of the time I prefer to listen than talk. Sometimes though, something boils my piss enough for me to engage.

Everyone has an opinion.
    Yours typically seems to be without nuance.
    And repetitive.
    And authoritarian.

For a Heavy Metal fan...you sure come across as puritanical!
    Does that make you better than me , because you prefer to listen , rather than talk ?

Why dont you post more often , then we can get to suss out your opinion ?

It's better than swiping from the sidelines

So , what have I said that has boiled your piss ?

Let's have it

That’s an interesting question.

One that’s answer would vary depending on an individual’s moral compass.
    Me personally, I would find it more expected but still disappointing.
    How abhorrent you find a person’s political or cultural influence, obviously will be factored in.

Both leaders, while divisive seem to be popular amongst their citizens.
    And one was legitimately voted in democratically.
    The question could be extended to Bashar Assad, Sadam Hussein or Kim Jong-un, or roll back to tyrannical leaders of history.

Not only would it be awful for his family as well as his (I’ll) fiancé and unborn child...it would be incredibly damaging to the UK in a situation that is unprecedented in our lifetimes.
    Do you think someone who calls gay men bum boys is moderate ?

Do you think someone who says black people have watermelon smiles ......someone like you should know this is racially very offensive terminology dating back to the slavery days in the deep south ......is moderate ?

I am a bit confused here , help me out

Personally, I hope Boris makes a full recovery. While I don't believe he's a good man, I don't believe he deserves to die right now either. Leaving any sentiment aside, I think it will be interesting to see how he approaches politics, his leadership and life in general if and when he does recover.

That said, I could make a list right now of people I believe the world would be a better place without, and Trump and Putin would most definitely be on it. I finished watching a three-part Channel 4 documentary on Putin earlier today. His is an amazing story and it was great television. Seriously evil bastard, though. Death for him tomorrow wouldn't be too soon as far as I'm concerned, but it would be too late for plenty of the political opponents he's had murdered.
    The Russian mafia make Al Capone look like a clown with silly shoes

Let's be honest , the Russians are hard bastards

It's in their make up

Read anything about the battle of stalingrad , they just never gave up

Add this generic never say die nature to corruption and lawlessness and you have got a lethal cocktail

Previous Russian leaders and Putin keep a lid on things but putin likes to keep his hand in shall we say

International

The Russian mafia make Al Capone look like a clown with silly shoes

Let's be honest , the Russians are hard bastards

It's in their make up

Read anything about the battle of stalingrad , they just never gave up

Add this generic never say die nature to corruption and lawlessness and you have got a lethal cocktail

Previous Russian leaders and Putin keep a lid on things but putin likes to keep his hand in shall we say
    Thats what I meant about him popping off, (or being popped off) unexpectedly. There would be a turf war that would make anything else look like childrens hour and it could destabalise the country and the region if the wrong side won. (and the nasty one normally do)

Thats what I meant about him popping off, (or being popped off) unexpectedly. There would be a turf war that would make anything else look like childrens hour and it could destabalise the country and the region if the wrong side won. (and the nasty one normally do)
    Russias history is of instability , it's just the way it is

It was even worse until the smaller states split off

The Ukraine is a tough place

International

Russias history is of instability , it's just the way it is

It was even worse until the smaller states split off

The Ukraine is a tough place
    Aand chetchna apparently lol

I don’t think Boris has been involved long enough or deeply enough to warrant the same rancor as the two mentioned above.
    Maybe his position on Brexit....but again the nation voted democratically.

Putin is as frightening as they come to me.
    That being said, some countries can be better off under such regimes like and fragment into worse situations without them (Years after Tito and Hussein spring to mind).

I’m a sympathetic isolationist nowadays as far as policing the world goes.

I’m not sure what to say about Trump.

I campaigned for Obama, had lunch in the West Wing and admire him still.
    I do know that I trusted Hillary less than Trump.
    I think that Trump genuinely cares about the US is trying to bring manufacturing back and wants to interfere less as a “Global Policeman”.
    He’s most certainly unstatesmanlike and quite worrying with his Twitter rhetoric.

I get to vote in this years Presidential election For the first time and I probably won’t.

General politics have become way too intersectional and that’s why popularism is winning.

In my opinion anyway.

BTW...Thank you for sending me the Joe Dwyer book a good few years ago!