[QUOTE=William Treseder;5063986]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Does anybody still read the Sun?
    Most read paper in the country by a distance

Re: Keir Starmer, the leader the tories fear the most

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;5063990]

Most read paper in the country by a distance
    Im surprised anyone buys a newspaper nowadays, with all the news of the day today at your fingertips.
    I don't, do you?.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 09-04-20 at 07:29. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I think theres a politics section for this
    You must be bored to tears posting that 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    As I understand it there was a total lack of mutual support and assistance in the first week or so of the Covid 19 crisis (especially when Italy asked for help) but then the EU states started to get their act together. French and Italian patients are now in German hospitals (and French in Luxemburg) and there has been a real effort to combine resources, research and purchasing power. When you add that to the Chinese equipment and doctors in Lombardy - and the Cuban doctors - the picture is now much more positive!
    The scheme the UK government was criticised for not joining due to not receiving the email has so ar delivered exactly zero ventilators.

Germany have withheld supplies of masks to Austria and Switzerland.

Finland have joined several other nations in being pissed off as Chinese provided masks have failed to meet the health requirements - unfit for purpose.

Senior EU doctor has quit and blasted EU for their lack of response.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5064007]
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Im surprised anyone buys a newspaper nowadays, with all the news of the day today at your fingertips.
    I don't, do you?.
    If you include online they have an even bigger readership

I don't, do you?.
    The Sun is read by around 1.25m. It was closer to 4m 20 years ago.

However, this might be an interesting read. https://whatsnewinpublishing.com/how...-key-findings/

It's a year old but it is undoubtedly revelant. I was surprised that the Grauniad is the most read online paper given that so few buy it. I think most links I see on social media are from the Mail or Guardian. The crap (Sun, Star, Mirror), though this isn't listed here, are suffering the biggest fall in readership, while the top end papers aren't to the same degree.

In terms of left and right, both the Mail and Sun easily outperform their left of centre rivals in newspaper sales, while the Mirror and Grauniad outperform their right of centre rivals in online readership. I wonder how much of that is an age thing? The only demographic I regularly see buy a paper is older men. That's not to suggest the media has less impact. Bullshit printed by newspapers can get quickly shared on social media. If memory serves, the Mail was easily the most viewed online paper prior to the 2016 referendum, much of that I suspect was down to stories being shared around social media.

Printed media is dying off

Look at fanzines - any news / information got dated really quickly as the internet took off. It's the same for newspapers, events, news change incredibly quickly, information arrives almost every minute. Print runs can only collate on a daily basis. Equally, as media outlets react by utilising the internet, people then flock to online - why then buy a paper?

The only downside is you then get whackjob sites set up claiming to be "journalists" when they are glorified bloggers - see Skwawkbox...