+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer, the leader the tories fear the most

Re: Keir Starmer, the leader the tories fear the most

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It was all going so well and then Starmer appointed Ed Milleband to his shadow cabinet !! What a joke. Another ten years in opposition beckons. As the OP said - ‘lets have it’
    He made some good moves then some wierd ones.

Andy McDonald? Really given his history?
    David Lammy?
    Red Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Was that the Splott David who last posted 18 months before you joined the Board or a different one?
    The Splott Dai who posted links to "raise questions" that often contained links to wonderful sites like Stormfront?
    The Splott Dai who has an interesting friend on facebook?
    The Splott Dai well documented for his antisemitism?

Yup, that one.

PS,

I know it's a difficult concept to grasp but you don't need to have registered and logged in to read the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    The Splott Dai who posted links to "raise questions" that often contained links to wonderful sites like Stormfront?
    The Splott Dai who has an interesting friend on facebook?
    The Splott Dai well documented for his antisemitism?

Yup, that one.

PS,

I know it's a difficult concept to grasp but you don't need to have registered and logged in to read the forum.
    Thanks.....when you said recently that you were a long term lurker on this board I didn't realise that you bit your tongue for 4 years before you made your first contribution given how forthright you have been since you started posting. No biggie

Thanks.....when you said recently that you were a long term lurker on this board I didn't realise that you bit your tongue for 4 years before you made your first contribution given how forthright you have been since you started posting. No biggie
    Well, have a bit more time on hands now due to a certain virus causing lockdown...

He made some good moves then some wierd ones.

Andy McDonald? Really given his history?
    David Lammy?
    Red Ed?
    What is wrong with Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What is wrong with Ed?
    Doesn't really reek of competence, does he? Wanted nice image of eating a bacon sarnie like the average common man and couldn't even manage that.

Doesn't really reek of competence, does he? Wanted nice image of eating a bacon sarnie like the average common man and couldn't even manage that.
    You seem to ponder on the challenge that Ed Milliband had eating a bacon sandwich and how the Labour Party will manage its challenges with anti-semitism with equal vigour.

So he looked like a tit when he ate a bacon sandwich 6 years ago, anything else?

Oh yeah because the way someone eats a bloody sandwich is an indicator of competence!

By that logic make Lindsay Lohan PM

https://external-preview.redd.it/WT3...=webp&0f4553f7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So he looked like a tit when he ate a bacon sandwich 6 years ago, anything else?
    His record when compared to his brother possibly?

One has achieved, the other hasn't.

You seem to ponder on the challenge that Ed Milliband had eating a bacon sandwich and how the Labour Party will manage its challenges with anti-semitism with equal vigour.
    You seem to take a flippant comment about Ed way too seriously.

I think ed Miliband is a good guy but he needs to stay on the shadow back benches

He just doesn't give me any confidence

I hope starmer gets rid of Emily thornberry mind , far too pompous

You seem to take a flippant comment about Ed way too seriously.
    You will have to let us know which of your comments were flippant and those we should take seriously I guess. When you said that appointing Red-Ed was weird, someone asked why. The best you could come up with seems to be the way he ate a bacon sandwich.

You will have to let us know which of your comments were flippant and those we should take seriously I guess. When you said that appointing Red-Ed was weird, someone asked why. The best you could come up with seems to be the way he ate a bacon sandwich.
    I would have thought that one was obvious.

Miliband is jewish and hes eating bacon ?

Although to be strictly true hes the son of a jewish immigrant who didnt practice his faith and brought david and ed up as secular

Have you ever thought of setting up a username called "tell it like it is unless it's a bit tongue in cheek" as a contingency? You could always let it rip in a few years time?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Miliband is jewish and hes eating bacon ?

Although to be strictly true hes the son of a jewish immigrant who didnt practice his faith and brought david and ed up as secular
    A bit sus how the media blew it out of proportion. Like silly standards. Could potentially deter minorities from entering politics

Have you ever thought of setting up a username called "tell it like it is unless it's a bit tongue in cheek" as a contingency? You could always let it rip in a few years time?
    Sorry, didn't realise you were on the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    A bit sus how the media blew it out of proportion. Like silly standards. Could potentially deter minorities from entering politics
    Media didn't blow it up as "Jew eating bacon".

It was blown up that he couldn't even eat a sandwich without making a mess of things.

Sorry, didn't realise you were on the spectrum.
    What you think I am autistic?

Getting back on point, Sludge, do you feel that Starmer could connect with the population of UK?

He comes across to be as a bit of a wet fish.

I'm also not sure he can cope with Corbynistas who are spoiling for a fight over his "purge", despite removing some of the untalented crud under Corbyn.

Getting back on point, Sludge, do you feel that Starmer could connect with the population of UK?

He comes across to be as a bit of a wet fish.

I'm also not sure he can cope with Corbynistas who are spoiling for a fight over his "purge", despite removing some of the untalented crud under Corbyn.
    Hes not that charismatic but hes a steady head , hes going to be a breath of fresh air after corbyn

Hes not that charismatic but hes a steady head , hes going to be a breath of fresh air after corbyn
    It depends if a "steady hand" is enough.

Corbyn left a mess behind him that needs deep cleansing before Labour become electable imo - not sure Starmer is a strong enough character to handle that tbh, especially if civil war breaks out within Labour. He's got the NEC on side anyway, which helps.

I just don't see those wanting continuity Corbyn / going further left necessarily rallying behind him. His shadow cabinet, with a few exceptions, is better calibre than under Corbyn. The key will be if Corbynistas fight from within or join Galloway's latest party as some are threatening to do.

It depends if a "steady hand" is enough.

Corbyn left a mess behind him that needs deep cleansing before Labour become electable imo - not sure Starmer is a strong enough character to handle that tbh, especially if civil war breaks out within Labour. He's got the NEC on side anyway, which helps.

I just don't see those wanting continuity Corbyn / going further left necessarily rallying behind him. His shadow cabinet, with a few exceptions, is better calibre than under Corbyn. The key will be if Corbynistas fight from within or join Galloway's latest party as some are threatening to do.
    I like corbyn as an individual but hes too extreme for the labour party

Starmer will be in a position to connect to the core vote again and there will be plenty willing to vote labour after Johnson's cock up of the pandemic

I like corbyn as an individual but hes too extreme for the labour party

Starmer will be in a position to connect to the core vote again and there will be plenty willing to vote labour after Johnson's cock up of the pandemic
    Core vote, maybe, but that presumes the party will be united. Strong chance that won't happen.