+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BAN WET MARKETS

Banned

Re: BAN WET MARKETS

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You said:

" I would prefer to ban entry for any person who has visited a country (within 6 months), or resides in a country, with known wet-markets from entry into the UK."

Yes, but I was working on the principle that I was on a forum with adults. It is widely known that you cannot prevent a citizen of the UK from returning to the UK. It was highlighted in the recent IS girl's revocation of British Citizenship. Apologies for crediting you with more intelligence than you actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, but I was working on the principle that I was on a forum with adults. It is widely known that you cannot prevent a citizen of the UK from returning to the UK. It was highlighted in the recent IS girl's revocation of British Citizenship. Apologies for crediting you with more intelligence than you actually have.
    This guy is unbelievable

So are you also working on the principle that British people won't carry any viruses that originate in wet markets?

Banned

This guy is unbelievable

So are you also working on the principle that British people won't carry any viruses that originate in wet markets?
    I am working on the principle that such people would be easier to monitor AND it would be illegal to prevent them from re-entering the country of their citizenship.

Yep, putting pressure on the Chinese Governments to remove the wet markets.

Actually, they could visit home, they just wouldn't be able to come back unless they spent 6 months in a country where there are no wet markets.
    That wouldn't put pressure on the chinese government it would put pressure on ours for treating residents and tax payers like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That wouldn't put pressure on the chinese government it would put pressure on ours for treating residents and tax payers like shit.
    Exactly, it would be a fart in a hurricane to China. Chinese (and SE Asian) people just wouldn't come to the UK at all. They'd go to other countries and do whatever they're doing to make money, so no effect for China. But a big loss to the UK.

I've just gone through this thread and i haven't got a clue what's going on.

Banned

Maintaining unfettered entry during the midst of a pandemic worked out well last time didn't it? We have thousands of residents and tax payers still stranded in all sorts of places at the moment. Morocco, Peru, Cambodia, India, Pakistan and the Philippines to name just a few. Are those guys not being treated like shit?

Banned

Exactly, it would be a fart in a hurricane to China. Chinese (and SE Asian) people just wouldn't come to the UK at all. They'd go to other countries and do whatever they're doing to make money, so no effect for China. But a big loss to the UK.
    Of course, there is not a big loss to the UK at the moment with everybody cooped up, shops closed, workers furloughed and stock markets crashed? The Government has often, rightly, been criticised for putting money ahead of lives with austerity, NHS cuts and so on. Seems they are on your wavelength.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've just gone through this thread and i haven't got a clue what's going on.
    Same as @lardy then

Maintaining unfettered entry during the midst of a pandemic worked out well last time didn't it? We have thousands of residents and tax payers still stranded in all sorts of places at the moment. Morocco, Peru, Cambodia, India, Pakistan and the Philippines to name just a few. Are those guys not being treated like shit?
    No one is saying allow unfettered access though we are saying you can't ban people from the country for 6 month just because they've been to a country with a wet market.

Same as @lardy then
    It's just a forum, don't worry about it. Everyone makes a mistake on here from time to time. Any person/any foreign person, it's no biggie.

Don't let the lockdown get to you

Fack all todo with wet markets
    Just announced on LBC Singapore to close airport for 18 months!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Not the whole airport, just one of the terminals.

It's one of the older ones and they were going to refurb it anyway.

Not the whole airport, just one of the terminals.
    cheers
    Not 100% concentrating, working at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Just Terminal 2, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just Terminal 2, isn't it?
    Grrrrrr lol

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    What do you think Morrissey would make of that?
    Think it's obvious his views but of course the media hacks particularly the Guardian called him a rascist etc for his views on the chineese wet markets all the way back from 2010 but he was right wasn't he ?

https://thebfd.co.nz/2020/04/01/morrissey-was-right/

so if you haven't signed yet let's get everyone on board . aunts ,uncles, cousins , boyfriends, girlfriends ,all the kids and lets put maximum pressure on those barbaric evil bath plugs , don't be shy and lets get to 250,000 by the end of the week !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Think it's obvious his views but of course the media hacks particularly the Guardian called him a rascist etc for his views on the chineese wet markets all the way back from 2010 but he was right wasn't he ?

so if you haven't signed yet let's get everyone on board . aunts ,uncles, cousins , boyfriends, girlfriends ,all the kids and lets put maximum pressure on those barbaric evil bath plugs , don't be shy and lets get to 250,000 by the end of the week !
    Sadly China will do nothing.

The only way China would ever listen would be if the world were to totally isolate. Chinese citizens returned to China, no trade with China. A total boycott.

That'll never happen.

Guys, the debate needs more specific definitions. By 'wet market', I assume the link is referring to a specific type - with live animals. The UN biodiversity chief is backing that https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-of-extinction

But by banning 'wet markets' that do not have any wildlife, by that logic you would ban farmers markets or maybe even supermarkets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbyuy2nHBg

I don't mean to sound pedantic but I don't think the media sensationalising the crisis and the 'wet markets' from another culture wouldn't help. Such misinformation is in fact fuelling divisions. I do agree that the markets with wildlife should be banned on a scientific basis but pointing the finger at wet markets in general isn't it.

The outside part of Splott Market is horrendous when it’s pissing down, should that be closed?

Compared a seal Cull to the Holocaust and defended Harvey Weinstein by discrediting his victims. The bloke is a bit of a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Guys, the debate needs more specific definitions. By 'wet market', I assume the link is referring to a specific type - with live animals. The UN biodiversity chief is backing that https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-of-extinction

But by banning 'wet markets' that do not have any wildlife, by that logic you would ban farmers markets or maybe even supermarkets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbyuy2nHBg

I don't mean to sound pedantic but I don't think the media sensationalising the crisis and the 'wet markets' from another culture wouldn't help. Such misinformation is in fact fuelling divisions. I do agree that the markets with wildlife should be banned on a scientific basis but pointing the finger at wet markets in general isn't it.
    This is true. Wet market doesn't mean that you can buy live animals there.

I've been to many wet markets and the only live animals I've ever seen are seafood. I'd hate to go to the bad ones, must be an awful depressing sight.

Please sign the Ban Wet Market petition . cheers

https://animalequality.org.uk/act/ban-wet-markets
    Signed , great post , what a dreadful state of affairs some parts of the world are, we could all fix this if we boycotted some the goods these countries produced and not travel to them .

Our government should consider banning air travel unless we see a ban or action to ban thesecmarkets , by thier respective governments ( I know it's a big ask ,and difficult to monitor) doing nothing is worse.

It's just a forum, don't worry about it. Everyone makes a mistake on here from time to time. Any person/any foreign person, it's no biggie.

Don't let the lockdown get to you

But you like to take the piss out of other folk who do make mistakes 🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But you like to take the piss out of other folk who do make mistakes ����
    Give me an example.