+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BAN WET MARKETS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: BAN WET MARKETS

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What are you talking about?

Slow down a second, stop trying to reply as quick as you can. You said a ban on EVERYONE entering the UK who's been to China (and Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, etc) as they have wet markets. So no, obviously I don't think only UK people arrive at UK airports, and well done for resorting to being patronising, but that is the particular demographic I'm referring to.

How can these people be banned from entering the UK?

Sorry, I would have thought you'd have known it is not possible to ban UK citizens from entering their own country - so I am a bit amazed that you jumped to the conclusion you did. Maybe you hit reply a bit quickly.

It is really quite simple to bar entry to people with certain stamps in their passports. It is already in place in, for example, Lebanon where you will be refused entry if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. There used to be a similar thing for Greece, if you had a Turkish stamp in your passport you weren't allowed into Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Sorry, I would have thought you'd have known it is not possible to ban UK citizens from entering their own country - so I am a bit amazed that you jumped to the conclusion you did. Maybe you hit reply a bit quickly.

It is really quite simple to bar entry to people with certain stamps in their passports. It is already in place in, for example, Lebanon where you will be refused entry if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. There used to be a similar thing for Greece, if you had a Turkish stamp in your passport you weren't allowed into Greece.
    You said:

" I would prefer to ban entry for any person who has visited a country (within 6 months), or resides in a country, with known wet-markets from entry into the UK."

Banned

You said:

" I would prefer to ban entry for any person who has visited a country (within 6 months), or resides in a country, with known wet-markets from entry into the UK."

Yes, but I was working on the principle that I was on a forum with adults. It is widely known that you cannot prevent a citizen of the UK from returning to the UK. It was highlighted in the recent IS girl's revocation of British Citizenship. Apologies for crediting you with more intelligence than you actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, but I was working on the principle that I was on a forum with adults. It is widely known that you cannot prevent a citizen of the UK from returning to the UK. It was highlighted in the recent IS girl's revocation of British Citizenship. Apologies for crediting you with more intelligence than you actually have.
    This guy is unbelievable

So are you also working on the principle that British people won't carry any viruses that originate in wet markets?

Banned

This guy is unbelievable

So are you also working on the principle that British people won't carry any viruses that originate in wet markets?
    I am working on the principle that such people would be easier to monitor AND it would be illegal to prevent them from re-entering the country of their citizenship.