+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking of haircuts.

Talking of haircuts.

Has anyone else had a go at cutting their own hair yet? I did on Sunday and am pleasantly surprised by what it looks like front on, I've not plucked up the courage yet to see what the back of my head looks like though.

Re: Talking of haircuts.

If you have a clippers it’s quite straight forward I haven’t been to get a haircut in 19 years 😂

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has anyone else had a go at cutting their own hair yet? I did on Sunday and am pleasantly surprised by what it looks like front on, I've not plucked up the courage yet to see what the back of my head looks like though.
    Just ordered clippers off Amazon a few mins ago.

3 weeks for delivery though. Who knows, maybe things will be open again by then.

Purely scissors for me - I'm really not going to look at the back of my head for some time .

I hate having my hair cut, listening to the barber trying to banter me about football, woman etc. I haven't been in 18 months, might give it a go myself as i have noticed a few dead ends

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hate having my hair cut, listening to the barber trying to banter me about football, woman etc. I haven't been in 18 months, might give it a go myself as i have noticed a few dead ends
    Get some clippers and get it all off. Hair is for women

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    If you have a clippers it’s quite straight forward I haven’t been to get a haircut in 19 years ��
    Same as me, but 24 years for me.

Purely scissors for me - I'm really not going to look at the back of my head for some time .
    Petition for Mike to ban Bob if he doesn't post a photo of the back of his head within 24 hours

I'm envisaging a sort of mullet affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Started clipping mine a few weeks ago. Just do it every week now.
    My 80 year old father in law has started to resemble Top Shop boss Philip Green

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    My mullet days are long gone, but I suppose "a sort of mullet affair" is a possibility.

Bought some Wahl clippers the other day. Mrs D gave me a short back and sides. A bit of scissor action later (few missed bits) and the view from the front is fine. Round the back of the kneck is another matter. These Wahl clippers don't have a built in spirit level!

Due to the virus Peter’s in Carlisle St is closed, shall I ask him if I can borrow the photo of the neat back of the head finish he uses for every customer?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Due to the virus Peter’s in Carlisle St is closed, shall I ask him if I can borrow the photo of the neat back of the head finish he uses for every customer?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Get some clippers and get it all off. Hair is for women
    No chance, the amount of blokes i see walking around with military style haircuts is depressing, if you've got it, flaunt it

Some of the old school barber shops still have photos uo from the eighties of different hairstyles, i wonder if anyone has ever looked at them and told the barber that they want one?

International

I used to cut my own but then I had mirror doors in the bedroom so I could angle them to look at the back. It can be a nightmare if you can't do that.
    You go to the pub thinking eveything is OK and your mates extract the urine because they can see the bits you missed lol

Miss the moaning old sod,always makes me smile with his dead pan humour.

Northway down Grangetown was where my dad used to go for his short back & sides. Was he ex-Welsh Guard or something? Used to remove all the ear and nose hair too. Proper barber.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Lawrenney Avenue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Northway down Grangetown was where my dad used to go for his short back & sides. Was he ex-Welsh Guard or something? Used to remove all the ear and nose hair too. Proper barber.
    What about the eye brows? They often need a trim as well

International

I was born and grew up in the Landaff north/Gabalfa area of the city but I left home when I was 17 and never went back, except to visit my parents, for 27 years.
    There was a barbers shop on college Road in a shop that didn't even exist that I remembered. The last thing I remember being there was a petrol staion and that was years before.
    One day I popped in there with my then parntner, a complete stranger to Cardiff. As the guy was cutting my hair he told me "I was sorry about your father dying" (About 5 years before) and "I saw your sister yesterday walking the dog" and continued like that throughout the ordeal of the haircut.
    When we left my partner asked me who he was and I had to tell her I had absolutely no idea. I'd never seen or spoken to him before in my life. It was scary.
    I never went back!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    What about the eye brows? They often need a trim as well
    Aye, he would do a Bobby Gould Bushy Eyebrows trim as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was born and grew up in the Landaff north/Gabalfa area of the city but I left home when I was 17 and never went back, except to visit my parents, for 27 years.
    There was a barbers shop on college Road in a shop that didn't even exist that I remembered. The last thing I remember being there was a petrol staion and that was years before.
    One day I popped in there with my then parntner, a complete stranger to Cardiff. As the guy was cutting my hair he told me "I was sorry about your father dying" (About 5 years before) and "I saw your sister yesterday walking the dog" and continued like that throughout the ordeal of the haircut.
    When we left my partner asked me who he was and I had to tell her I had absolutely no idea. I'd never seen or spoken to him before in my life. It was scary.
    I never went back!! lol
    Mac is still there in the same shop hes been in for 50 years.
    He was unwell a couple of years ago and now just opens 3 mornings a week, but closed due to him self isolating a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Mac is still there in the same shop hes been in for 50 years.
    He was unwell a couple of years ago and now just opens 3 mornings a week, but closed due to him self isolating a few weeks ago.
    Bloody 'ell, Mac's is still going?

I used to go to him for my haircut about 45 years ago. He knew almost everyone in the Llandaff North/Gabalfa area.

How about Stones newsagents around the corner, are they still in business?
    Their shop was absolutely crammed and could only accommodate about 4 customers at a time, not enough room to swing a cat. It was a kids' paradise, with all the comics and cheap sweets they used to stock.