Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talking of haircuts.

Re: Talking of haircuts.

Anyone going for one of these...??

Kim Jong Un.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Bloody 'ell, Mac's is still going?

I used to go to him for my haircut about 45 years ago. He knew almost everyone in the Llandaff North/Gabalfa area.

How about Stones newsagents around the corner, are they still in business?
    Their shop was absolutely crammed and could only accommodate about 4 customers at a time, not enough room to swing a cat. It was a kids' paradise, with all the comics and cheap sweets they used to stock.
    You have a PM

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You have a PM
    Replied, cheers!

International

Bloody 'ell, Mac's is still going?

I used to go to him for my haircut about 45 years ago. He knew almost everyone in the Llandaff North/Gabalfa area.

How about Stones newsagents around the corner, are they still in business?
    Their shop was absolutely crammed and could only accommodate about 4 customers at a time, not enough room to swing a cat. It was a kids' paradise, with all the comics and cheap sweets they used to stock.
    That was someone's front room wasn't it? But a great shop, specially on sunday mornings. you oculd meet more girls there in an hour on a sunday morining that you sae all the rest of the week put togehte.... and when you're 14/15 years old that is more important than just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That was someone's front room wasn't it? But a great shop, specially on sunday mornings. you oculd meet more girls there in an hour on a sunday morining that you sae all the rest of the week put togehte.... and when you're 14/15 years old that is more important than just about anything.
    You also have a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No chance, the amount of blokes i see walking around with military style haircuts is depressing, if you've got it, flaunt it
    Quite.

Harry Jennings, where are you now when we need you😟

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It was indeed a front room. Ran by Mary Stone, when I was a kid. I used to deliver the Echo for them back in 1970... 97 papers, six days a week for the grand sum of 50p!

It was indeed a front room. Ran by Mary Stone, when I was a kid. I used to deliver the Echo for them back in 1970... 97 papers, six days a week for the grand sum of 50p!
    1987-The Cardiff Post-500 papers and i had to put advertising supplements in them then carry the ****ers half a mile to deliver them £16. Not to mention that i had to run the gauntlet in Roundwood Llanedeyrn, At The 'Flynn's' Two three story houses. I always ended up fighting.

I'll be giving myself a #4 tomorrow in the back garden. I've got a fairly decent head of hair for my age but you've got to keep it honest. My Mrs wants me to grow it out "to see how it looks". No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'll be giving myself a #4 tomorrow in the back garden. I've got a fairly decent head of hair for my age but you've got to keep it honest. My Mrs wants me to grow it out "to see how it looks". No thanks.
    You mean the 'Cousin Itt' look? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I had one of those.
    Trouble is, it was in the early/mid 1970s

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I think she's picturing Sting when he was thinning out but still had it swept back. I'm not having it.