+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have you got em all

Have you got em all

I was asked the other day what artist or band did I own everything that they had released. I had to think. I have got a lot of bowie, Keane, elvis and mccartney,but after checking I have everything by oasis, omd and the killers.

Re: Have you got em all

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    I was asked the other day what artist or band did I own everything that they had released. I had to think. I have got a lot of bowie, Keane, elvis and mccartney,but after checking I have everything by oasis, omd and the killers.
    Does that include singles on tape, CD and vinyl?

If you mean albums and singles then Stiff Little Fingers & The Clash although not 100% on The Clash... I may have missed some later singles (need to check).

If it’s owning every track they’ve ever released in some format other than streaming then there are many more

Neil Young, including Buffalo Springfield, CSNY.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Does that include singles on tape, CD and vinyl?
    A mix of vinyl and CD, no tapes. Good point you make about singles. I must confess to not owning them all but if they bring out a non album single I would definitely get it. Also own omd b sides album and oasis b sides, the masterplan.

Tool, Sabbath , Clutch , Rush , Mastodon , The Fall , UFO, Thin Lizzy, Killing Joke , Peter Gabriel, Van Morrison , Deftones , Machine Head , Sepultura , Alice In Chains

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Tool, Sabbath , Clutch , Rush , Mastodon , The Fall , UFO, Thin Lizzy, Killing Joke , Peter Gabriel, Van Morrison , Deftones , Machine Head , Sepultura , Alice In Chains
    Bloody hell that's very impressive.

Bloody hell that's very impressive.
    That is just the beginning of things . Be afraid .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If you've got everything by The Fall that's mighty impressive.

i have all the collection of It bites, thank you and goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If you've got everything by The Fall that's mighty impressive.
    Funnily enough I like latter day fall rather than their vast back catalogue

Code selfish is my favourite fall album

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He now does gigs for devoted fans in their front rooms , invite your mates etc , not my kind of music but a mate went to one of these gatherings and it was great he reckons

frank ? i've met him and the rest of them back in the day. Outrageous talent on guitar that wanted another path

Everything on any format released in the UK? Have you checked on Discogs? I downloaded a bunch of Oasis stuff a few years back. I just checked on iTunes and I have 82 releases and 467 songs.

frank ? i've met him and the rest of them back in the day. Outrageous talent on guitar that wanted another path
    Superb guitarist , my mate who plays really rates him

Yeah I though you meant albums as well

Calling all the heroes, loved that

The Pogues, Regina Spektor, Sarah Gillespie, Thea Gilmore, Public Service Broadcasting, Afro-Celt Sound System, Alan Stivell, The Alarm, Arctic Monkeys, Reverend & The Makers, The Automatic (!), Blue Harlem, Catatonia, Manic Street Preachers, Crooked Still, Flogging Molly, Gilad Atzmon & The Orient House, Gogol Bordello, Gotan Project, Imelda May, Lou Reed, Martyn Joseph, Patti Smith (Group), Salsa Celtica, Super Furry Animals, The Tallest Man On Earth, Tom Waits, The Waterboys and (sorry) Shakira!

That reminds me - time for some new headphones.

Man are my favourite artist, the old Welsh rock band. I have 5 or 6 copies some of their albums, different pressings from the UK, US, Germany, France, Italy, even Australia and Canada etc. Strangely they all sound the same! I also have everything by 10,000 Maniacs, Natalie Merchant, Cocteau Twins, Super Furry Animals and Manics. And various Man related bands like Neutrons, Ancient Grease, Help Yourself and Nektar.

Reading this I think I am slightly OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Pogues, Regina Spektor, Sarah Gillespie, Thea Gilmore, Public Service Broadcasting, Afro-Celt Sound System, Alan Stivell, The Alarm, Arctic Monkeys, Reverend & The Makers, The Automatic (!), Blue Harlem, Catatonia, Manic Street Preachers, Crooked Still, Flogging Molly, Gilad Atzmon & The Orient House, Gogol Bordello, Gotan Project, Imelda May, Lou Reed, Martyn Joseph, Patti Smith (Group), Salsa Celtica, Super Furry Animals, The Tallest Man On Earth, Tom Waits, The Waterboys and (sorry) Shakira!

That reminds me - time for some new headphones.
    Absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Everything on any format released in the UK? Have you checked on Discogs? I downloaded a bunch of Oasis stuff a few years back. I just checked on iTunes and I have 82 releases and 467 songs.
    It seems I have some discovering to do on the oasis front, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Man are my favourite artist, the old Welsh rock band. I have 5 or 6 copies some of their albums, different pressings from the UK, US, Germany, France, Italy, even Australia and Canada etc. Strangely they all sound the same! I also have everything by 10,000 Maniacs, Natalie Merchant, Cocteau Twins, Super Furry Animals and Manics. And various Man related bands like Neutrons, Ancient Grease, Help Yourself and Nektar.

Reading this I think I am slightly OCD.
    Tiger lilly by natalie merchant is a great album

Trouble me , eat for two off in my tribe , great stuff

Heaven or Las Vegas by the c twins , marvelous stuff

Ok it's not my usual metal , but what is ?

It seems I have some discovering to do on the oasis front, thanks for that.
    I think a lot of it is Japanese, European and American stuff. There'll be 4 or 5 editions of one single. I actually have to go in and delete some of it. Here's an example of just one song.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 11.29.48 AM.jpg

I think I had every Stranglers single and album up to a point. Siouxsie and the Banshees and the Cocteau Twins too. There are several bands who I have owned every album they made. But since iTunes, Spotify etc. I don't even have physical copies of many bands albums anymore. I have the first 4 Echo and the Bunnymen records. That's about as close as I get these days.

My wife knows a guy who is a crazy collector. I think he has fifty first edition vinyl copies of The Velvet Underground and Nico. I have several friends who are record collectors but not at that level. I'll buy records from time-to-time, but it's expensive and time consuming. A guy I know was doing a pop-up record store from time-to-time and I found myself spending way too much money on records I wasn't desperate for just to "support the scene". Fortunately, he hasn't done one in while.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think a lot of it is Japanese, European and American stuff. There'll be 4 or 5 editions of one single. I actually have to go in and delete some of it. Here's an example of just one song.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 11.29.48 AM.jpg

I think I had every Stranglers single and album up to a point. Siouxsie and the Banshees and the Cocteau Twins too. There are several bands who I have owned every album they made. But since iTunes, Spotify etc. I don't even have physical copies of many bands albums anymore. I have the first 4 Echo and the Bunnymen records. That's about as close as I get these days.

My wife knows a guy who is a crazy collector. I think he has fifty first edition vinyl copies of The Velvet Underground and Nico. I have several friends who are record collectors but not at that level. I'll buy records from time-to-time, but it's expensive and time consuming. A guy I know was doing a pop-up record store from time-to-time and I found myself spending way too much money on records I wasn't desperate for just to "support the scene". Fortunately, he hasn't done one in while.
    Cheers mate.