+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: US mayor's social distancing crackdown leads to his wife's arrest

US mayor's social distancing crackdown leads to his wife's arrest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52208591
    An Illinois mayor directed local police to vigorously enforce the state's social distancing order, after reports of residents defying them.

"These are very serious times and I'm begging you to please stay at home," Alton mayor Brant Walker said on Friday.

Less than two days later, Alton police broke up a party at a local bar. The group was "clearly disregarding the executive order and public pleas for compliance", authorities said.

It turned out that Mayor Walker's wife was in attendance at the illicit party.

"I am embarrassed by this incident and apologise to the citizens of Alton," Walker said in a statement. "My wife is an adult capable of making her own decisions, and in this instance she showed a stunning lack of judgment".

Re: US mayor's social distancing crackdown leads to his wife's arrest

Meanwhile here in Sweden the bars are open the museums are open the schools are open restaurants are open.
    700 dead the worst statistics in Scandinavia.

Banned

I'd call that a good result.

sweden cases 8,419 deaths 687
    norway cases 6,086 deaths 93
    denmark cases 5,386 deaths 218
    finland cases 2,487 deaths 40

i'm not so sure

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    sweden cases 8,419 deaths 687
    norway cases 6,086 deaths 93
    denmark cases 5,386 deaths 218
    finland cases 2,487 deaths 40

i'm not so sure
    Sorry, I meant a good result in getting your wife arrested.

Sweden have a different approach than most, some were using them as an example on how to do it, but it is clear it isn't. They've tested fewer people than Norway and Denmark too, but have more cases.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Sorry, I meant a good result in getting your wife arrested.

Sweden have a different approach than most, some were using them as an example on how to do it, but it is clear it isn't. They've tested fewer people than Norway and Denmark too, but have more cases.
    i like the German approach 110,000 cases and 2,096 deaths. That's the effect of a well functioning health system i guess.

Banned

i like the German approach 110,000 cases and 2,096 deaths. That's the effect of a well functioning health system i guess.
    And rigourous testing.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    An Illinois mayor directed local police to vigorously enforce the state's social distancing order, after reports of residents defying them.

"These are very serious times and I'm begging you to please stay at home," Alton mayor Brant Walker said on Friday.

Less than two days later, Alton police broke up a party at a local bar. The group was "clearly disregarding the executive order and public pleas for compliance", authorities said.

"I am embarrassed by this incident and apologise to the citizens of Alton," Walker said in a statement. "My wife is an adult capable of making her own decisions, and in this instance she showed a stunning lack of judgment".
    Only in America Steve. Are you at home or away mate?
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Only in America Steve. Are you at home or away mate?
    Spedger
    Home, I was lucky, just about managed to get back in time for the Leeds game to be cancelled. Strange times eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    And rigourous testing.
    that is what i'm understanding too.testing is the way forward.

crazy that world can produce a million barrels of oil a day, throw away a food mountain that could feed a continent, but cant produce enough testing equipment..is it down to profit?

Home, I was lucky, just about managed to get back in time for the Leeds game to be cancelled. Strange times eh?
    Lucky indeed Steve. Heard a lot of lads having to extend on board, some are happy, some are not. Stay safe. Few beers when it is all over mate.
    Spedger

International

He said it proves this applies to everyone.. can't really fault that. I bet now he wnts to know who she was at this drinkning party with. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Lucky indeed Steve. Heard a lot of lads having to extend on board, some are happy, some are not. Stay safe. Few beers when it is all over mate.
    Spedger
    Yeah, stay safe mate

I'm more interested to know what the Mayor's wife was up to at this illicit party without him-Sounds promising.

Germanys figures can be rather misleading. A large proportion of the people they are testing are in younger age brackets in the general population, who carry the disease without symptoms or have milder symptoms generally, so the number of ‘infected’ cases is higher but deaths proportionally lower as a result.