Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Correct but beaten to it

Whoops, sorry

Re: Assorted Football Quiz Questions 7

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    6. He was f*cking useless and a waste of £28,000..... Robin Friday
    Correct answer

14. Given a free transfer and signed for Luton - David Greene?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    14. Given a free transfer and signed for Luton - David Greene?
    Incorrect Paul - get a grip

Banned for life by FIFA - Nick McKoy

Banned for life by FIFA - Nick McKoy
    Correct answer for no 3

Nos 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14 to get

9. Loaned to us by Neil Warnock - Dave Kevin.

9. Loaned to us by Neil Warnock - Dave Kevin.
    Correct - although Dave Kevan to be more precise

11. The winder signed from a dissolved club - Jimmy Gardner, the same name as the writer of Perry Mason.

Incorrect Paul - get a grip
    I'll try Russell Perrett then.

You won't get the answer to no.13 from me - Not a scooby!

11. The winder signed from a dissolved club - Jimmy Gardner, the same name as the writer of Perry Mason.
    Top Answer

I'll try Russell Perrett then.

You won't get the answer to no.13 from me - Not a scooby!
    Russell Perrett is correct

Just 12 and 13 to get

Just 12 and 13 to get
    12. (One size) Fitzroy Hall

13. Andy Polycarpou (anyone saying they didn't need google for this is lying)!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    12. (One size) Fitzroy Hall
    No 12 Fitz Hall linked to the Frank Zappa album One Size Fits All

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    13. Andy Polycarpou (anyone saying they didn't need google for this is lying)!

It took me ages to work out a question for this player whose name was more memorable than his Cardiff City career - correct answer

All questions now answered correctly - well done everybody

All questions now answered correctly - well done everybody
    Great quiz, as always. I got so absorbed by it that I turned up late for the house party I was going to in Manchester last night. I was the DJ too, never mind.

One thing though, are you saying Sharon was married to her brother in Birds of a Feather or am I missing something? That programme was darker than I thought if so, I need to re-evaluate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Great quiz, as always. I got so absorbed by it that I turned up late for the house party I was going to in Manchester last night. I was the DJ too, never mind.

One thing though, are you saying Sharon was married to her brother in Birds of a Feather or am I missing something? That programme was darker than I thought if so, I need to re-evaluate it.
    As I said earlier in the thread Andy Polycarpou has been a target for a question with me for a week or so, I was quite pleased with myself in coming up with this question. His Wiki entry makes interesting reading “he joined Cambridge United in 1981 but persistent injury problems led him to moving to Cardiff City in 1982” it’s as if his injury problems were the most attractive aspect of his game ! Anyway, his persistent injury problems helped us into Division 3 that season. A desperate signing for desperate times. Just a thought, if AC decides to Google himself for old times sake he will find an unexpected flurry of activity around his name which might be a bit of a surprise for him. He may take comfort from the fact that he has not been forgotten. I hope his persistent injury problems have cleared up.

As I said earlier in the thread Andy Polycarpou has been a target for a question with me for a week or so, I was quite pleased with myself in coming up with this question. His Wiki entry makes interesting reading “he joined Cambridge United in 1981 but persistent injury problems led him to moving to Cardiff City in 1982” it’s as if his injury problems were the most attractive aspect of his game ! Anyway, his persistent injury problems helped us into Division 3 that season. A desperate signing for desperate times. Just a thought, if AC decides to Google himself for old times sake he will find an unexpected flurry of activity around his name which might be a bit of a surprise for him. He may take comfort from the fact that he has not been forgotten. I hope his persistent injury problems have cleared up.
    It's reassuring to know that we were seen as a sanctuary for injured footballers as far back as that.

It was a great question, I was just pointing out that Peter Polycarpou played Pauline Quirke's husband, not her brother. You'll kick yourself if that comes up as the jackpot question on Millionaire one time and you jump in with the wrong answer and cost yourself a million. An unlikely scenario though, I accept.

It's reassuring to know that we were seen as a sanctuary for injured footballers as far back as that.

It was a great question, I was just pointing out that Peter Polycarpou played Pauline Quirke's husband, not her brother. You'll kick yourself if that comes up as the jackpot question on Millionaire one time and you jump in with the wrong answer and cost yourself a million. An unlikely scenario though, I accept.
    Got you ! Thanks for that. I must admit that Birds of a Feather is one of those “classics” that passed me by.

Got you ! Thanks for that. I must admit that Birds of a Feather is one of those “classics” that passed me by.
    It wasn't the worst, just relentlessly ordinary. The Stuart O'Keefe of sitcoms.

In that scenario I’d have been in audience as Enoch’s wingman and coughed at b) Husband