+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving

Driving

Driving at the moment is a strange experience. I can't imagine the roads will ever be like this again.
    (essential journeys only obv)

Interesting thing I've noticed though is even though the roads are practically empty, the people who are on them aren't taking the opportunity to put their foot down and drive like a maniac, plenty of people just bumbling along at 50 on a dual carriageway.

Re: Driving

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Driving at the moment is a strange experience. I can't imagine the roads will ever be like this again.

Interesting thing I've noticed though is even though the roads are practically empty, the people who are on them aren't taking the opportunity to put their foot down and drive like a maniac, plenty of people just bumbling along at 50 on a dual carriageway.
    The good old days before folk got into 3 car families , oh such harsh times we have.

You can stil be fined for exceding the speed limit on empty roads.
    Strange but true.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You can stil be fined for exceding the speed limit on empty roads.
    Strange but true.
    Why is it strange?

EDIT: I mean, do 80 in a 50, lose control, very serious incident occurs. Driver, passengers all at risk of severe injury or death. Just because nobody else is involved doesn't make it any less of a problem.

Although there are few cars about many of the ones that I see are doing a lot more than 30mph along Llantrisant Road

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Why is it strange?

EDIT: I mean, do 80 in a 50, lose control, very serious incident occurs. Driver, passengers all at risk of severe injury or death. Just because nobody else is involved doesn't make it any less of a problem.
    Sarcasm

Haven't been on the motorway at all since the lockdown but I assume that people have been, delivery trucks and key workers etc..

Must be like the 1970's driving on the M4 Shirley. Anyone using the M's?

Been driving regular for the last 3 weeks on the M50, M42, M5 and M6 motorways and it's bliss . As you mentioned mainly lorrys on there delivering goods . Not too many cars on them as you would expect

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Sarcasm
    Ah.

As you were then...

talking of driving I need 2 new tyres

i guess all garages / kwif fit/ tyre places too closed too?

I know we can run over with MOT's for 6 months

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

You have to keep cars in roadworthy condition.

so you think visiting a tyre place is essential when you can relax MOT's for 6 months ? if one is open that is

if i go looking a for a place that's open tomorrow and get stopped by the police what do i say ?

Kwik fit by me is definitely open

cheers rjk what branch ?

so you think visiting a tyre place is essential when you can relax MOT's for 6 months ? if one is open that is

if i go looking a for a place that's open tomorrow and get stopped by the police what do i say ?
    That you use your car to travel to England for work at that you need two new tyres. Hope this helps

I understand only the vunerable and those in isolation can overrun their MOTs?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I understand only the vunerable and those in isolation can overrun their MOTs?
    I believe all mots get an extended six months
    YES if your tyres are no good it’s essential. They’re the only four things between you and the road, if one blows out even on a short journey you’ll know about it. Take it to the garage and socially distance
    I’m like driving miss daisy because even though I only drive once a week to go to the shop I’m aware I’m more likely to get pulled over
    I guess a lot are thinking the same 😂

International

There is a 6 month grace on the actual MOT cert I think but each driver still has the resonsibility to ensure his vehicle is roadworthy. nothing to do with vunerability.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Haven't been on the motorway at all since the lockdown but I assume that people have been, delivery trucks and key workers etc..

Must be like the 1970's driving on the M4 Shirley. Anyone using the M's?
    Been all over the country in my truck mostly delivering sanitiser.
    Was coming out of Manchester on Thursday at 5.00pm and it was plain sailing .
    No queues , no traffic , no crashes , no breakdowns. No idiots .
    Driving is a pleasure at the moment sat nav says 2 hours to destination , it takes 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Driving is a pleasure at the moment sat nav says 2 hours to destination , it takes 2 hours.
    Are you still managing to keep the three trucks working Jim?

I was surprised to learn that the local garage I've used up here is still open - I've got a small oil leak in my car, but I won't be going around there to get it fixed any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Have you got a rear gunner?

cheers rjk what branch ?
    Pontypridd

International

Pontypridd
    But shirley, if he is self isolating and not driving round all over the place then he won't need new tyres on his car?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But shirley, if he is self isolating and not driving round all over the place then he won't need new tyres on his car?
    What if he needs to drive for work?