+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A challenge to Organ Morgan

A challenge to Organ Morgan

You have described yourself as a Covid-19 sceptic. You have claimed the threat of the Coronavirus is ridiculously overblown and the global attempts to combat it are nothing short of insane. You have suggested the measures being put in place around the world are so bizarre that there must be another agenda at play. You have also described me as having abandoned all sense of proportion and you've said you're astounded by my gullibility, although you haven't explained why on either count.

Therefore, I have a challenge for you: in no more than six succinct paragraphs, outline as clearly as you possibly can why you believe the Covid-19 pandemic is not what it appears to be and describe what you regard as the realities of the current situation in terms of conspiracy and alternative agendas.

Re: A challenge to Organ Morgan

this is why organ normally avoids spouting his rubbish on the main board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You have described yourself as a Covid-19 sceptic. You have claimed the threat of the Coronavirus is ridiculously overblown and the global attempts to combat it are nothing short of insane. You have suggested the measures being put in place around the world are so bizarre that there must be another agenda at play. You have also described me as having abandoned all sense of proportion and you've said you're astounded by my gullibility, although you haven't explained why on either count.

Therefore, I have a challenge for you: in no more than six succinct paragraphs, outline as clearly as you possibly can why you believe the Covid-19 pandemic is not what it appears to be and describe what you regard as the realities of the current situation in terms of conspiracy and alternative agendas.
    Did you see that special on the virus on bbc two last night ?

Creepy stuff and I have sat through the exorcist I will have you know

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    this is why organ normally avoids spouting his rubbish on the main board.
    Considering the scientists and the medical experts have been issuing warnings about the probability of a pandemic like this for decades, and considering the scale of the thing in global and political terms, I'm genuinely curious as regards what the conspiracy theorists believe. Their nonsense is entertaining if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Did you see that special on the virus on bbc two last night ?
    I watched it this morning. I thought it was excellent. A bit scary, but everything was explained in very clear terms. So clear even you should have been able to understand it.

Considering the scientists and the medical experts have been issuing warnings about the probability of a pandemic like this for decades, and considering the scale of the thing in global and political terms, I'm genuinely curious as regards what the conspiracy theorists believe. Their nonsense is entertaining if nothing else.
    Fill your boots. This is the nonsense that organ is too scared to put on the main board. Only East Asians will die as we're genetically superior and more.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...tial-mega-doom

I also have a challenge for him, if you think it’s just a bad flu go see how many door knobs you can lick in an hour

I hope he's got fast wifi because youtube is about to take a pounding

I watched it this morning. I thought it was excellent. A bit scary, but everything was explained in very clear terms. So clear even you should have been able to understand it.
    A professor of global health gave a speech two years ago at Hay Festival , see the link

https://mol.im/a/8139491

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5064351]Did you see that special on the virus on bbc two last night ?

excellent programme

Sounds like he’s got under your skin🤣

I wouldnt go that far

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sounds like he’s got under your skin
    OM is someone whose posts I've generally enjoyed over the years. I've always known his views on certain subjects were a little peculiar, but I genuinely had no idea he was a raving lunatic. I must admit it's come as a bit of a shock. It's been a bit like discovering an eccentric but friendly neighbour is in fact a serial killer.

I'm also intrigued by his assertion last night that I'm gullible and have lost all sense of proportion, particularly as he gave no indication as to why he believes that's the case. Let's remember the person making those claims has recently been supplying links to David Icke videos in order to back up his opinions.

Apologies for the delay in answering: this is my first visit here since Thursday afternoon. I don't appreciate being described as a raving loon as you chose to further down this thread so I'll respond in kind and if you take umbrage then tough titty. As for your requirement that I be limited to six paragraphs: go and feck yourself. Separate from this Covid-19 affair I had always regarded you as an eminently sensible contributor and Bobsy Wilson's only worthy rival as the message board's numero uno concerning football knowledge. I'm perfectly fine with you or anyone else questioning what I believe is the true purpose of this Covid-19 psyop. I tend to object to those who don't do so civilly.

I didn't think that post of mine you have quoted parts of required further clarification as anyone with internet access can easily discover that never before have governments shut down large areas of their economies to combat the spread of a disease. It was packed with facts and figures all of which were accurate that any calculator would have confirmed. You have years and years of form for adoring statistics. Prior to submitting that message I knew from reading some of your prior posts re Covid-19 that you had totally bought into the hysteria fomented by corporate media and the UK government. Hence I was restrained and rather more polite when describing you as incredibly gullible instead of someone who has been conned into being reduced to a fearful halfwit who preferred to remain so in spite of the welter of information to the contrary which anyone can determine by the numbers is indeed a massively exaggerated threat.

I referenced twice before in threads here what I'm about to again to illustrate why I believe the UK lockdowns are mystifying when not viewed through a lens of serving an entirely different agenda to that of saving British lives (I.e. stripping us of our civil liberties, decimating small businesses, ensuring joblessness figures go through the roof, creating an atmosphere of increasing despair, etc, etc). No-one who clicked the link I'm about to include again appeared to comprehend the enormity of the information found there at a UK government site relaying its own official Covid-19 guidance.

I'll bold the words found there beneath for the benefit of those wary of clicking on links.

My interpretation of them - as succinctly as I can - sometime in January Covid-19 was considered a HCID (high consequence infectious disease). On March 19 Covid-19 was no longer deemed a HCID and its threat level was lowered. Between January and March 19 no pubs, restaurants, etc, were ordered to close nor were any of the other impositions we have been subjected to post that date were implemented between January and March 19.

To me (and I daresay anyone else you regard as crackers), what has been instituted since then has been counter-intuitive to an absolutely breathtaking degree. Perhaps you can rationalise an alternative viewpoint to help me understand why what should have been done before March 19 wasn't, and why they were rolled out afterwards when the last bullet point below suggests restrictions would only be introduced had Covid-19 remained as a HCID. Something else my crazed brain cannot understand is the government says the transmission of Covid-19 occurs mostly through people coughing and sneezing. I get that the masks most people wear are crap and do little to halt the spread of droplets. Nevertheless, many governments, the Chinese amongst them (whose declared Covid-19 deaths are below 4k after placing 600 million of their citizens under lockdown), deemed the wearing of them in public as both mandatory and essential. Tell me why Blighty's hasn't because to me it would have been amongst the first of the restrictions imposed had it been genuinely concerned about its spread and to help protect the health of everyone and particularly those adjudged most at risk.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios.

Definition of HCID

In the UK, a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) is defined according to the following criteria:

- acute infectious disease
    - typically has a high case-fatality rate
    - may not have effective prophylaxis or treatment
    - often difficult to recognise and detect rapidly
    - ability to spread in the community and within healthcare settings
    - requires an enhanced individual, population and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently and safely

Why is the HCID designation significant?

The number of deaths is still very high even if the death rate is (as a %) not as high as for some other lethal diseases.

Tests for infection are available (even if not in the quantities needed) and for antibodies tests may be available soon - but that is not yet making a massive practical difference to control of the disease or to relaxation of the social isolation measures that have been the major factor in suppressing the spread.

The HCID designation is just a descriptor against a set of established criteria. If Covid19 no longer had that designation in the UK it doesn't change a single fact about the way the disease has spread, killed and nearly swamped the NHS and care systems.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The number of deaths is still very high even if the death rate is (as a %) not as high as for some other lethal diseases.

Tests for infection are available (even if not in the quantities needed) and for antibodies tests may be available soon - but that is not yet making a massive practical difference to control of the disease or to relaxation of the social isolation measures that have been the major factor in suppressing the spread.

The HCID designation is just a descriptor against a set of established criteria. If Covid19 no longer had that designation in the UK it doesn't change a single fact about the way the disease has spread, killed and nearly swamped the NHS and care systems.
    It's significant because it means that if you have it, you don't need to go to an HCID centre but can get treated at any health clinic. Obviously this is a sign that it's very widespread rather than it not being serious, but it's been seized on by the conspiracy theorists.

After the big build-up that was rather an anti-climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with you or anyone else questioning what I believe is the true purpose of this Covid-19 psyop.
    You still haven't actually detailed what your beliefs are, though. Not as far as I can see.

So, I'll ask again: what do you believe is happening? What is the true purpose, as you describe it?

Can't you just outline that in simple terms?

Conspiracy theorists don't use simple terms. It's akin to magicians overloading senses to distract from the way the trick is performed.

Complications make conspiracies more plausible; conspiracies in simple terms are easily debunked.

Complexities are also needed to convey an intellectual superiority over the sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It has the same significance as 'jet fuel doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to melt steel'. Short contextless statements that fall apart after a google. There is a plenty of information online about why it isn't a HCID like here :
    https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-c...58478-Mar2020/
    It's the equivalent of saying 'that escaped large striped man eating cat doesn't fit the definition of a shark so why are you all so worried?'

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Conspiracy theorists don't use simple terms. It's akin to magicians overloading senses to distract from the way the trick is performed.
    I'm genuinely perplexed by the notion that the current situation is anything other than exactly what it appears to be, ie: a global pandemic involving a highly-contagious virus, the likes of which scientists and medical experts have been expressing fears about and predicting would happen for several decades.

If it was instead some sort of conspiracy aimed at somehow suppressing the masses, in the UK alone that would require the compliance and co-operation of the Tories, the Labour Party and the SNP, the NHS, the forces of law and order, the military, the scientists and the experts in various other fields. Meanwhile, on a global scale, it would require the involvement of the WHO, the EU and the governments and authorities in the USA, China, Germany, Iran, Italy, South Korea, France, Brazil, Spain, Russia, etc etc.

Call me a gullible, fearful halfwit, but I find that idea somewhat unlikely.

I'm genuinely perplexed by the notion that the current situation is anything other than exactly what it appears to be, ie: a global pandemic involving a highly-contagious virus, the likes of which scientists and medical experts have been expressing fears about and predicting would happen for several decades.

If it was instead some sort of conspiracy aimed at somehow suppressing the masses, in the UK alone that would require the compliance and co-operation of the Tories, the Labour Party and the SNP, the NHS, the forces of law and order, the military, the scientists and the experts in various other fields. Meanwhile, on a global scale, it would require the involvement of the WHO, the EU and the governments and authorities in the USA, China, Germany, Iran, Italy, South Korea, France, Brazil, Spain, Russia, etc etc.

Indeed, it's the paradox that only an elite few have been able to see through the conspiracy and find the TRUTH whilst conveniently ignoring the fact it's implausible a global conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of active participants wouldn't have leaked out.

It's frightening people apply a far lower barrier for evidence to conspiracy theories - see the 5G crap.

EDIT: Tbh, I'm awaiting him saying the game Plague Inc was created many years ago to test the spread of a pandemic and condition the public to be used to it, after all, the aim is to wipe out humanity...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's significant because it means that if you have it, you don't need to go to an HCID centre but can get treated at any health clinic. Obviously this is a sign that it's very widespread rather than it not being serious, but it's been seized on by the conspiracy theorists.
    Exactly. Look at the diseases that are classed HCID. It is amusing that Organ Morgan's defence is based around this. It shows a complete lack of understanding on what HCID is and why the declassification of Covid-19 is not the significant event that is being portrayed.

Sadly the opposite is often the case. The more successful theories are those that easily connect into other wacko global conspiracies (lizards, illuminati, or what they usually all come back to at some point : Jewish people).

Real irony is that do you know what these theories most resemble in how they germinate,spread & mutate ? It's Viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Sadly the opposite is often the case. The more successful theories are those that easily connect into other wacko global conspiracies (lizards, illuminati, or what they usually all come back to at some point : Jewish people).

Real irony is that do you know what these theories most resemble in how they germinate,spread & mutate ? It's Viruses.
    Yeah, Icke picked up the whole "reptile" bit from Nazi paintings depicting Jews as lizards. Kinda sad that these TRUTHERS who believe the conspiracies are unable to look behind the facade of the conspiracy and see the real message.

That's an interesting last point you make. I'd take it one step further and say conspiracy theorists failing to check the validity of their latest belief is akin to getting a virus and not having it treated.