+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long do you think before normal holidays are allowed to resume?

Re: How long do you think before normal holidays are allowed to resume?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It funny that isn't it? how the older you get the greater your chances of dying!!
    So anything that reduces the chances should be good news, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Would anyone on here want to take a flight this year? Breeding ground for germs.
    If they say it's safe to fly i'm off to the sun

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I almost sold my 2009 T5 a few months back, had it fully done at new wave conversions in pontyclun a few years back. Think I’ll be off with the kids to some random spots a lot this summer.....which luckily is all we ever planned after two trips to Florida in the last 2 years.
    I gave the guy from new wave a couple of jobs when he first started out . He was working out a furniture place up the top of the Rhonda Valley. He did a day van for me .
    He does a lovely job. Bit expensive but I think you get what you pay for .

Your T5 will be even more desirable , plenty wont venture out of the country for a while .

I am booked for my annual "golfing " week in Benidorm early September . I will be going if travel is allowed .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So anything that reduces the chances should be good news, right?
    Yeah , maybe they should be looking at stopping the aging process?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    When, eventually, a vaccine is available perhaps the proof that you’ve had a vaccination can be added to your passport electronically, no proof, no travel.
    There are a few people saying that might well happen

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    If they say it's safe to fly i'm off to the sun
    There will probably be an element of risk for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There will probably be an element of risk for years to come.
    It might be more of a risk for people to come here than for us to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    It might be more of a risk for people to come here than for us to go there.
    It's all relative, of course. However, on a global basis one would expect most European countries to come out of the situation better than many poorer countries around the globe that do not have sophisticated health systems and the ability to isolate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's all relative, of course. However, on a global basis one would expect most European countries to come out of the situation better than many poorer countries around the globe that do not have sophisticated health systems and the ability to isolate people.
    We are not isolating people, we are telling them if they have the symptoms to stay at home in the family unit, that is not isolating the individual at all.

Why for the oldies?

Older people are not specially being asked to self isolate because they are most likeyl to be contageous, but because all the other idiots who aren't complying may be and its the oldies who are most at risk. But I don't see why a vaccine would help that group more than any other.
    Because if the virus returns again at least they will have immunity so can carry on with their lives, you will always get idiots who dont comply so a vaccine like the flu jab is very important. Flu related things wipe out thousands every year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I gave the guy from new wave a couple of jobs when he first started out . He was working out a furniture place up the top of the Rhonda Valley. He did a day van for me .
    He does a lovely job. Bit expensive but I think you get what you pay for .

Your T5 will be even more desirable , plenty wont venture out of the country for a while .

I am booked for my annual "golfing " week in Benidorm early September . I will be going if travel is allowed .

I think travel will be allowed, but will people want to? My mate lives in northern Italy and he thinks he’s flying back here early May with Ryan air as they have released dates of when they are starting up. I’ll be well surprised if anyone can fly here from northern Italy unchecked......
    They are expensive but the quality is there to see, he’s one of only a few places that fit the type of elevating roof I have which cost £4K. On the flip side there are some shady fitters about......

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    We are not isolating people, we are telling them if they have the symptoms to stay at home in the family unit, that is not isolating the individual at all.
    The weird thing is ,as far as I know, it isn't wiping out families . Might not even be affecting all of them ?

Lawnmower and a lad in his office caught it . 2 out of 50 of his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think travel will be allowed, but will people want to? My mate lives in northern Italy and he thinks he’s flying back here early May with Ryan air as they have released dates of when they are starting up. I’ll be well surprised if anyone can fly here from northern Italy unchecked......
    They are expensive but the quality is there to see, he’s one of only a few places that fit the type of elevating roof I have which cost £4K. On the flip side there are some shady fitters about......
    Just read an article on a province in China on the Russian border.
    They had been clear .
    They went back to work and normal travel , they have 100 odd new cases , all coming form the people returning from Russia.
    It would make sense to screen travellers .
    I don't think we are that bothered in this country , testing seems to be a foreign word to our government.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The weird thing is ,as far as I know, it isn't wiping out families . Might not even be affecting all of them ?

Lawnmower and a lad in his office caught it . 2 out of 50 of his staff.
    Has he been tested for it now?

International

The thing is will the holidays be more expensive because they will try to make up lost revenue or will they be less expensive because they will want whatever income the can get?

Banned

The thing is will the holidays be more expensive because they will try to make up lost revenue or will they be less expensive because they will want whatever income the can get?
    A lot of people have lost incomes over this period and so demand may not be high. Oil prices are low. They will have, essentially, a load of empty planes ready to fill. Also, considering many of us have to go looking for a loan or credit card balance increase to go on holiday, it could be that there will be little credit available.

With very little being said to allay fears of further outbreaks and restrictions I am shelving my plans for a holiday - I will instead pay the money off the mortgage.

Scheduled flights shouldnt be more expensive, they will need to keep slots in use when we get semi-back to normal, better to fly a full flight at a sensible price than a 1/4 full flight at a higher price, which we know is how airlines work, the early code prices are cheaper than the codes when the plane hits 70% full

shouldnt be much different when things return to normal

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my ex-next door neighbour moved to cornwall agreed and argued this point, he had said the police ( he is a policeman ) have had a number of complaints about locals abusing 2nd home owners who have headed to cornwall when we entered " lockdown ", these same people when this is over will be wanting all the money the 2nd home owners spend in the area, when he points this out, the locals do not appreciate it
    I have sympathy with 2nd homeowners if they live in a city like London potentially with a small or no Garden and have bought a house in Cornwall, pay their taxes and contribute to the community why can't they choose to live there for a better quality of life when they don't have to work? It might be safer too, London is full of people on top of each other not taking proper measures and spreading Covid-19.

I can see the other side too, I don't think it's right for them to decide that a homeowner can't live in their own house?