+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour Report Published

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Labour Report Published

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I believe this may be what they're referring to: https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2015
    Well that suggests Labour were not right wing as the Tories .

If Labour want power they have to move to the centrecentralist ground ,if they don't then its another long wait in the politcal wilderness ,I think its fair to assume from recent elections since Thatcher the bulk of the country would like a social democratic party with a slight pinch of conservatism.

If they didn't Corbyn or Miliband would have romped home by now.

Re: Labour Report Published

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well that suggests Labour were not right wing as the Tories .

If Labour want power they have to move to the centrecentralist ground ,if they don't then its another long wait in the politcal wilderness ,I think its fair to assume from recent elections since Thatcher the bulk of the country would like a social democratic party with a slight pinch of conservatism.

If they didn't Corbyn or Miliband would have romped home by now.
    Labour was a right wing party for many years in between Foot and Corbyn, the Conservatives are extremely right wing, Plaid are a middle of the road party been fractionally left of centre for years if not forever yet they get painted as on the extremes by the right wing press who try to protray the Cons and Labour as either side of the centre line when the reality was both Cons and Labour were out on the right (as well as Lib-Dems) and the likes of Plaid and the SNP politically occupy the centre ground.