Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Why do you think Momentum are far left and what does that mean? I don't support Momentum btw, but if they're one extreme and the likes of the BNP and Britain First are on the other, I know which organisation is far more peaceful, inclusive and wanting the best for everyone.

Let's also consider that Labour were a centre left party when it romped to a massive majority in 1997. Under Blair it moved more and more right and became unelectable as a result. Labour's move back left resulted in a huge growth in membership and a close showing in the 2017 election despite being given little fair play by a media desperate to keep being allowed to evade taxes.
I said further left. Momentum I've little doubt have some far left involved. Far left, far right are every bit as bad as each other.

Blair didn't lose an election, Brown did. The membership growth isn't that irrelevant, it's voters that matter at end of day - and Labour keep saying "500k" but have refused to give actual figures the last few years.

2017 imo Labour had a perfect storm of "new" Leader promising the earth along with May running one of the worst political campaigns ever... and still failed to win.

It's easy to blame the media and not politicians.