+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is England allowing Wales and Scotland to go without PPE ?

Is England allowing Wales and Scotland to go without PPE ?

Accusations are doing the rounds that the UK Government are pirating PPE supplies from the Welsh and making sure the English get PPE supplies before the Scots, if this is the case it's shocking.
    https://twitter.com/MyScotlandpage/s...992126469?s=20
    https://twitter.com/julian_rowden/st...297987072?s=20

Re: Is England allowing Wales and Scotland to go without PPE ?

Would not be surprised.

Things ain't good.

Hearing stories about Welsh care homes being refused PPE .

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

That lot down in Cardiff bay are being fkd over by the English trusts because the English ones have got their act together and employ smarter people

A mate told me that down in Pembrokeshire the doctors are having raid lifeboat station supplies due to the lack of protective equipment

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    That lot down in Cardiff bay are being fkd over by the English trusts because the English ones have got their act together and employ smarter people

A mate told me that down in Pembrokeshire the doctors are having raid lifeboat station supplies due to the lack of protective equipment
    Some Welsh front line health workers were being tested and the English weren't, I suspect the resulting fuss has led to the English NHS using their financial muscle (weight of numbers) to get suppliers to supply them and not the Celts by offering more money and placing bigger orders on condition they get the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

That’s not strictly true.

There have been reports of Welsh care homes having longstanding orders refused as the suppliers were instructed to supply English based homes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    That’s not strictly true.

There have been reports of Welsh care homes having longstanding orders refused as the suppliers were instructed to supply English based homes first.
    It'll be ok. We’re all in it together !

According to Vaughn Gethin the welsh health secretary there is a uk wide policy which provides Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland with the amount of PPE proportionate to their populations

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    According to Vaughn Gethin the welsh health secretary there is a uk wide policy which provides Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland with the amount of PPE proportionate to their populations
    I saw a tweet which suggested the Welsh need for PPE is greater than population but I didn't understand it. Is it to do with lower life expectancy as knock-on from reliance on mining industry or greater proportion of vulnerable older adults? Anyone see the same thing and can explain?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I saw a tweet which suggested the Welsh need for PPE is greater than population but I didn't understand it. Is it to do with lower life expectancy as knock-on from reliance on mining industry or greater proportion of vulnerable older adults? Anyone see the same thing and can explain?
    Your second point seems valid to me.

Trouble is there are all sorts of rumours flying about and we don't know what is truth, half truth and downright nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Your second point seems valid to me.

Trouble is there are all sorts of rumours flying about and we don't know what is truth, half truth and downright nonsense.
    I completely agree. It also doesn't help that UK briefing doesn't make it clear that almost always talking about measures in England or that Walesonline has decided to start reporting on England measures to fill web-space without making it clear what's going on.

Or that Eammon Holmes believes the 5G nonsense

2 weeks ago the Welsh Assembly were adamant they had an agreement with a major medical supplier who then decided they would supply NHS England instead. Is this a mixture of greed by the company for a bigger order and/or Westminster pulling it's weight after being embarrassed by little Wales being more organised. The Guardian and The Times are both reporting today that the UK government have now missed 3 opportunities to put in bulk orders for medical equipment in a joint EU initiative. A disgrace.

International

The Meical officer on todays briefing has just catagorically denied this. She said all 4 chief medical officers talk to each other all the time to ensue the kit goes where is it needed anywhere in UK. And she is not a politician she is a clinician.

And this is fully 10 days after Welsh Assembly went public on this. You don't think we may have been 'spoken to' in the meantime to toe the national (ie UK) line ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The Meical officer on todays briefing has just catagorically denied this. She said all 4 chief medical officers talk to each other all the time to ensue the kit goes where is it needed anywhere in UK. And she is not a politician she is a clinician.
    They would say that wouldn't they, the story is we got in first and their threw their weight around, yet again our friends over the border have been found wanting.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    They would say that wouldn't they, the story is we got in first and their threw their weight around, yet again our friends over the border have been found wanting.
    well you would say that wouldn't you? lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    well you would say that wouldn't you? lol
    I wouldn't unless I thought it was likely to be true, I read stories about it last week and now all of a sudden the powers that be are saying that they talk, did they talk a few weeks ago ???, I might have been born at night butt, but it wasn't last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    2 weeks ago the Welsh Assembly were adamant they had an agreement with a major medical supplier who then decided they would supply NHS England instead. Is this a mixture of greed by the company for a bigger order and/or Westminster pulling it's weight after being embarrassed by little Wales being more organised. The Guardian and The Times are both reporting today that the UK government have now missed 3 opportunities to put in bulk orders for medical equipment in a joint EU initiative. A disgrace.
    I know it's possibly a tad conspiracy theory-like but maybe, just maybe, Welsh Assembly couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery let alone a major contract?

International

Given the choice between believing you or believing the Chief Medical officer I'm afraid you are always likely to come second, sorry!

I wouldn't unless I thought it was likely to be true, I read stories about it last week and now all of a sudden the powers that be are saying that they talk, did they talk a few weeks ago ???, I might have been born at night butt, but it wasn't last night.
    No, you'd say it if you believed saying it pushed your xenophobic anti-English agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    No, you'd say it if you believed saying it pushed your xenophobic anti-English agenda.
    No agenda from me butt, just look out for local issues and be prepared to call a spade a spade.

International

The thing is tbhat there are a number of welsh people who have it in their hgeads that every person in any authority in England has an agenda to put down the welsh, whereas in reality most people in that position in England never even think about Wales.
    There is also the point that before blair engineered devolution laws made for Englad were automatically for England and Wales,and it is only since devolution that Wales has been able to make its own decisions, most of which have been unhelpful, as now!
    But tht'as just my opinion.

I know it's possibly a tad conspiracy theory-like but maybe, just maybe, Welsh Assembly couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery let alone a major contract?
    The politicians in the Welsh Assembly are better than the politicians in Westminster, imo of course.

The politicians in the Welsh Assembly are better than the politicians in Westminster, imo of course.
    You genuinely believe that utter horseshit? Cardiff were right not to vote for it...