+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is it with Liverpool , drugs , guns and organised crime ?

What is it with Liverpool , drugs , guns and organised crime ?

It's not the biggest city by far but it certainly punches above its weight in relation to shootings , the supply of drugs many parts of the country , including south wales and some horrible individuals heading organised crime syndicates that spread all over the place

Why liverpool ? I know it has some serious deprivation but so does south wales , manchester , leeds , birmingham etc and yet liverpool's nutters always seem top of the wanted list

Re: What is it with Liverpool , drugs , guns and organised crime ?

the west midlands is far worst sludge

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not the biggest city by far but it certainly punches above its weight in relation to shootings , the supply of drugs many parts of the country , including south wales and some horrible individuals heading organised crime syndicates that spread all over the place

Why liverpool ? I know it has some serious deprivation but so does south wales , manchester , leeds , birmingham etc and yet liverpool's nutters always seem top of the wanted list
    A lot of the gun culture and organised crime has come across the water to supplement incomes that mostly dried up due to the Good Friday Agreement. Glasgow and Edinburgh had a serious problem with the boyos muscling in on the drueng trade.
    Also of course Liverpool has for hundreds of years beeen an international port and that attracts a certain kind of operator, as you will understand if you've ever been to places like Marseille.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A lot of the gun culture and organised crime has come across the water to supplement incomes that mostly dried up due to the Good Friday Agreement. Glasgow and Edinburgh had a serious problem with the boyos muscling in on the drueng trade.
    Also of course Liverpool has for hundreds of years beeen an international port and that attracts a certain kind of operator, as you will understand if you've ever been to places like Marseille.
    Marseille is very dodgy

The french connection

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the west midlands is far worst sludge
    In terms of county line drug gangs the scousers have it sewn up

in terms of gun and knife crime all the stats state the west midlands particularly Birmingham lead that table by some in the last few years

as for county line drug gangs you may be right

in terms of gun and knife crime all the stats state the west midlands particularly Birmingham lead that table by some in the last few years

as for county line drug gangs you may be right
    The west midlands is far bigger than liverpool , considering the size of liverpool it punches above its weight on the drugs market

How often do you hear of a liverpudlian nicked in swansea , cardiff or newport for supplying drugs ?

It's a regular occurrence

Liverpool's hooligan gangs were always carrying knives , tranmere and Everton were renowned for it

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...EprMyDDboqDg0j

no doubting about the scousers but having spent alot of time in the west midlands particularly brum the last few years it's frightening what's going on i,ve seen it first hand so to speak . places like Bordseley green , small heath and yardley are no go areas these days . alot of the local brum lot have moved out to places like Redditch to get away to stay safe

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...EprMyDDboqDg0j

no doubting about the scousers but having spent alot of time in the west midlands particularly brum the last few years it's frightening what's going on i,ve seen it first hand so to speak . places like Bordseley green , small heath and yardley are no go areas these days . alot of the local brum lot have moved out to places like Redditch to get away to stay safe
    I know all about Birmingham, my old man was from small heath which was rough even when he was a kid

as your about the same age as me sludge and you mention your dad from brum i can say it's a million years away from the 60/ 70's in brum

i won't walk anywhere near those areas after 7pm it's a no go area even for the police these days . the gun/ drug gangs run the show

Cardiff is like a tea party in comparison but it is getting worse in south wales these days

I would imagine Manchester is worse than Liverpool and Birmingham.

It's been a bit of a mix of a place over the years, it's been called the capital of North Wales, it has also had an Irish Nationalist MP (I don't mean an MP with Irish Nationalist sympathies but one standings for an Irish party and voted in) for years who was voted in their 'Scotland' constituency..
    Was the famous football song in the ********* slums they look for a dustbin for something to eat about the place ?

Because it's a port.
    Massive amounts of drugs enter the country via Liverpool and you need some people at the top of the criminal tree to organise the distribution from there.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

La caravelle on the quai de port

Nice place but dodgy Algerian types

Just saying in case you’re in the neighbourhood

A few years ago Sheffield had a reputation for being relatively quiet and safe when it came to drugs and gangs. Our biggest problems were gangs from Nottingham trying to open up new markets and coming up the M1 armed. Then they helped to seed some local gangs and dealers into something more sinister and we developed our own postcode gangs - with a spike in murders. Nothing like the scale of other more notorious towns and cities, but nothing like the relative peace we had before.

Cardiff always sorted out it's own drugs

Cities like bristol , Nottingham, manchester , leeds , Birmingham had big jamaican hardie gangs that took over the drugs trade

It's quite well known that a gang of yardies from bristol came to cardiff years back to try and take over and were sent packing by a load of docks chaps

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Because it's a port.
    Massive amounts of drugs enter the country via Liverpool and you need some people at the top of the criminal tree to organise the distribution from there.
    It is indeed a huge port , makes cardiffs docks look like a wendy house

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would imagine Manchester is worse than Liverpool and Birmingham.
    When I lived in Manchester the gooch street gang from moss side and another gang from longsight had a tit for tat gun war resulting in several murders

Moss side was a strange place , you could go to one of the pubs right in the heart of the front line , smoke a bit of dope , walk around day or night and get no hassle and then the next day the manchester evening news would report a drive by shooting

Bradford is a violent city

Very racially divided

The muslims control the drugs and vice trade in the west and centre of the city , the Caribbean gangs control the south and the large housing estates are almost exclusively white and rough as feck

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A few years ago Sheffield had a reputation for being relatively quiet and safe when it came to drugs and gangs. Our biggest problems were gangs from Nottingham trying to open up new markets and coming up the M1 armed. Then they helped to seed some local gangs and dealers into something more sinister and we developed our own postcode gangs - with a spike in murders. Nothing like the scale of other more notorious towns and cities, but nothing like the relative peace we had before.
    Has sheffield got a large west indian community like cardiff ? Never really seen it as a very mixed city

Over the years i've worked in some right Dodgy parts of London, all over the south and North East, Tottenham, Edmonton etc. I've never really had a problem after dark, a few dodgy moments but that's it. Drug lords with guns simply aren't interested in people like me, why would they be? There's a fair bit of fiction and myth attached to some of the stories we hear in my opinion. The biggest risk is getting robbed by a smack head, although they're usually quite easy to bat off such is their pathetic state.

I may have just been lucky all those years walking about some of these areas, and London is unique in that it is so diverse and diluted, walk 100 yards and you go from abject poverty to unobtainable wealth, that's a protection method in itself. Maybe the smaller cities where problems are more concentrated pose more of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Has sheffield got a large west indian community like cardiff ? Never really seen it as a very mixed city
    Cardiff hasn't got a large West Indian Community?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just checked, between 2 and 5 %. Looked at Swansea-Quite possibly the whitest place on earth-explains a lot.

It has , they were just dispersed in the sixties from butetown and grangetown when those areas were levelled to build council housing and tower blocks . They were moved to council estates in Ely, llanedyrn, llanrumney , rumney , gabalfa etc

That's why no area of cardiff is seen as a west indian area , as the places that were predominantly west indian in the post war period were raised to the ground .

That didnt happen in Bristol....st Paul's.......Birmingham ......handsworth , lozells..........manchester ....moss side .......leeds ...chapeltown

The west indian community in cardiff , mostly from st kitts and the small islands but also from Jamaica is present in cardiff , it's just spread all over the city due to rehousing

Just checked, between 2 and 5 %. Looked at Swansea-Quite possibly the whitest place on earth-explains a lot.
    The black community in cardiff has been seriously under estimated in cencus surveys , the council did a report about it a few years back that it was likely double that was reported

Swansea has a bigger ethnic minority community than it used to have but it's still very white and not cosmopolitan like cardiff and newport