+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quiz ITV

Quiz ITV

Did anyone watch this about Major Charles Ingram winning the million? If not it's definitely worth watching, really well written and Michael Sheen is great at Tarrant.

It actually made me doubt if they did it, but I suppose that's the point.

Re: Quiz ITV

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Did anyone watch this about Major Charles Ingram winning the million? If not it's definitely worth watching, really well written and Michael Sheen is great at Tarrant.

Conveniently Ingrams now announcing they are appealing the conviction.

It's ironic the major tv programme on during a viral pandemic revolves around a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

There was enough in the programme to make you consider if they did it or not, but I dont think for a second that ITV would show a drama about one of their own shows that had enough to put their convictions in doubt.

Also did anyone notice the continuity announcer called him Martin Sheen on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Conveniently Ingrams now announcing they are appealing the conviction.

It's ironic the major tv programme on during a viral pandemic revolves around a cough.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There was enough in the programme to make you consider if they did it or not, but I dont think for a second that ITV would show a drama about one of their own shows that had enough to put their convictions in doubt.

Also did anyone notice the continuity announcer called him Martin Sheen on Tuesday?
    I don't think anyone for a second believes there was no cheating.

Someone who had to use 2 lifelines before the 4k mark, a usual indicator person will struggle past 16k goes on the next day to answer questions correctly despite saying he's never heard of the options with someone conveniently coughing at the right times, who didn't cough during rehearsals that day...

It's as kosher as a bacon sandwich with added pulled pork.

Someone who had to use 2 lifelines before the 4k mark, a usual indicator person will struggle past 16k goes on the next day to answer questions correctly despite saying he's never heard of the options with someone conveniently coughing at the right times, who didn't cough during rehearsals that day...

Yes you are probably right. But the 3rd episode with the lawyer did put a little bit of doubt into my head.

Dont get me wrong - I think they're guilty as charged, but there was a lot of poetic licence in the writing of the drama.

It's also worth watching Chris Tarrant's interview on GMB Monday this week for his perspective.

I’m a little behind on #Quiz, but had intended to do a trademark killjoy thread on the abundance of legal errors. Happily
    @barristerfiona
    has got there first.

SPOILER: The writers don’t seem to have ever set foot in an English and Welsh criminal court.

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/...90556495302656
    I'm watching episode 3 of Quiz on catchup. Last night I paused the credits to see if I could find who the legal consultant was. Turns out there either wasn't one or they went uncredited. Someone else on the crew has a connection with the law but that's a different point

https://twitter.com/BPTC_Lecturer/st...37798718951426
    Couple of interesting threads.

Thanks very interesting!

They seem to be more about it not being like a real court case, it was for entertainment not a documentary. I take the interesting back