+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FISA Abuse Investigation Declassified

FISA Abuse Investigation Declassified

Re: FISA Abuse Investigation Declassified

Should Obama and FBI be worried?

I can't imagine the social / liberal outpouring and uproar if say a UK government funded organsation wiretaped another political party ??

But nope silence?

Re: FISA Abuse Investigation Declassified

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Should Obama and FBI be worried?

I can't imagine the social / liberal outpouring and uproar if say a UK government funded organsation wiretaped another political party ??

But nope silence?
    I would be surprised if Plaid and the SNP had not been spied on in some form or other during their history as they would be seen as a threat to the very existence of the UK state, even more so some smaller parties that might have come and gone over time that might have been seen as extreme by authorities, not to mention Northern Ireland parties that I would guess security forces have taken an interest in.
    There has been stories in the press about undercover police infiltrating various groups, mainly left wing and animal rights groups actually but not so much right wing groups, my theory is left wing groups might be more of a threat to the state (as they would see it) due to potential mass appeal with right wing groups less likely to have mass appeal but who knows what the powers that be think.