+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car insurance and annual mileage.

Car insurance and annual mileage.

I doubt if in the last month that I've driven 50 miles and my missus hasn't driven her car at all.

Was just wondering if there would be any saving in telling the insurance company that I don't expect to do more than a couple of 100 miles motoring in the next 6 months as I can't see a great deal changing.

I'm sure they would hit me with an admin charge, but depending on the net potential saving it might save me a few bob.

Re: Car insurance and annual mileage.

Leave we’ll alone

Before the lockdown started, I was thinking I'd have to increase mine as I'd probably underestimated after travelling the country taking my son to various university open days and interviews.
    Dont think I'll bother now.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Leave we’ll alone
    Well meet again

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well meet again
    Had me welling up in the Car Friday coming home from work

It's a bonus at the moment to those with cars on PCP, I'm well in on my mileage. I have 12,000 miles a year over the 3 years

I read somewhere today that some insurance companies will make an adjustment and refund the policy in these circs. May be worth enquiries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I doubt if in the last month that I've driven 50 miles and my missus hasn't driven her car at all.

Was just wondering if there would be any saving in telling the insurance company that I don't expect to do more than a couple of 100 miles motoring in the next 6 months as I can't see a great deal changing.

I'm sure they would hit me with an admin charge, but depending on the net potential saving it might save me a few bob.
    It's more likely they will charge you more than you "save" in "admin" costs.

Or that well known Japanese song "Whale Meat Again"

Or the quaint Irish saying - whale oil beef hooked?

My boy adjusts it up on compare the market until it reaches the optimum milage, I think last year 8000 miles was cheaper than everything below that, and adding me and my Mrs made it miles cheaper also, so it appears they don't like people that don't drive much, they must have more accidents.

So they may charge you more.