+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trial Vaccination ?

Trial Vaccination ?

Just listening to an interview regarding Vaccination and how long this might take and the approval process etc.

The interview by Andrew Marr BTW with a vaccinologist at a leading university, and not an anon sat in a basement on 8chan!!.

Anybody on here quite happy to wander into the appropriate place, lob the arm out and take it as a trial patient for say
    5 or 10 grand and sign away all legal rights if it goes south. ? FWIW I wouldn't, but have had vaccinations previously.

Re: Trial Vaccination ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Just listening to an interview regarding Vaccination and how long this might take and the approval process etc.

The interview by Andrew Marr BTW with a vaccinologist at a leading university, and not an anon sat in a basement on 8chan!!.

Anybody on here quite happy to wander into the appropriate place, lob the arm out and take it as a trial patient for say
    5 or 10 grand and sign away all legal rights if it goes south. ? FWIW I wouldn't, but have had vaccinations previously.
    I don't need the money desperately enough but I am sure that many will think it worthwhile. This FT article is interesting talking about the two different types of vaccines being developed by Oxford University and Imperial College respectively.

https://www.ft.com/content/6b793b8a-...0-8c07c51dc4ad

The Oxford one sound more tried and tested using a virus found in chimpanzees to counteract the corona "spikes"

“chimpanzee adenoviral vectors are a very well studied vaccine type, having been used safely in thousands of subjects in vaccines targeting over 10 disease types,”

The Imperial one seems more experimental and I guess more risky for triallists as a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post

I think the question you ask would get many answers like yours at the moment, but a few months down the line with many of the current restrictions in place and talk of another wave of the virus arriving in a matter of days or weeks and some may think very differently.

Would this be any different to the usual clinical trials? A mate of mine used to sign up to them - said they were boring but well paid. Anyone showing the slightest ill effect was patched up and sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't need the money desperately enough but I am sure that many will think it worthwhile. This FT article is interesting talking about the two different types of vaccines being developed by Oxford University and Imperial College respectively.

https://www.ft.com/content/6b793b8a-...0-8c07c51dc4ad

The Oxford one sound more tried and tested using a virus found in chimpanzees to counteract the corona "spikes"

“chimpanzee adenoviral vectors are a very well studied vaccine type, having been used safely in thousands of subjects in vaccines targeting over 10 disease types,”

The Imperial one seems more experimental and I guess more risky for triallists as a consequence.
    The lady being interviewed was a Sarah Gilbert from Oxford Uni.
    I was being wheeled upstairs in the Heath years ago when i got to the room and asked the doctor what was being done, he wanted to do some trial electric type shock research, Guillan Barre affects the nerves and he wanted to see what nerves had been affected to see where i had feeling etc. as parts of my body were numb, I asked him if i had a choice ? he of said off course I did not have to do it, I asked him to call the porter and left pronto. and just put up with them prodding my limbs with a needle!!!. Many people are brave IMO allowing themselves to be used for research, I would guess many do it out of desperation for money which isn't very nice however.