+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Amazon makes nine thousand pounds a second??

Amazon makes nine thousand pounds a second??

Shares up a third
    100k extra jobs
    Corvid19 is helping

It's a frightening beast , I sadly use it as it's so easy , its quick ,effective, but I don't like it aaargh help me stop??

Re: Amazon makes nine thousand pounds a second??

Bezos has made $25 billion since this all started apparently

i wonder how long it'll be before we only have a small number of large companies just delivering our stuff

I used amazon pantry while in the US last trip, just to test it out, it was very scary on how well it worked

They should change their name to Amazin.

As a punter Amazon is fantastic. Stuff delivered within 24 hours and even within 12 hours. I have Prime and use it a lot.

Recently though I was a supplier working with a company to sell stuff on Amazon. Jeez it was hard work.

Amazon ordered tens of thousands of pounds worth of stock for their fulfilment centres, then up to 3 or even 6 months later they would return it as unsold and just deduct the money from the trading account.

Very difficult to communicate with real people just an automated system.

Took me months of work to update all the products and set up the vendor system.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Shares up a third
    100k extra jobs
    Corvid19 is helping

It's a frightening beast , I sadly use it as it's so easy , its quick ,effective, but I don't like it aaargh help me stop??
    Hopefully the need for workers that Amazon would have would encourage them not to be dicks

Surely, there aren't many companies acting in the UK which treat their staff worse, and system in USA are worse again where far fewer employment rights: see lack of sick-leave and firing employees who criticise safety conditions in the warehouse, but the service is incredibly useful for punters.

UK site showing alternatives to Amazon: https://ethicalrevolution.co.uk/amazon-alternatives/

Independent article: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...e-9104413.html

USA based site for international viewers: https://www.marketing91.com/amazon-competitors/

are amazon any worse than other companies who use 0 hour staff ( sports direct being one ), lets be honest, they are the equivalent to the black labour market ( cash in hand ) of old who used to hang around waiting at certain meeting points to hopefully get a days work on building sites / factories / dock yards / industrial parks / etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Shares up a third
    100k extra jobs
    Corvid19 is helping

Apparently Denmark isn't furloughing off-shore Companies. Makes sense. They don't pay tax so shouldn't benefit from what is essentially taxpayers-funded support..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    are amazon any worse than other companies who use 0 hour staff ( sports direct being one ), lets be honest, they are the equivalent to the black labour market ( cash in hand ) of old who used to hang around waiting at certain meeting points to hopefully get a days work on building sites / factories / dock yards / industrial parks / etc etc
    Zero hrs. contracts are ideal for millions - give them the flexibility they want. My Missus was on one for yrs and it was the only way should could work..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Zero hrs. contracts are ideal for millions - give them the flexibility they want. My Missus was on one for yrs and it was the only way should could work..
    As long as you can find the right jobs at the right times and those jobs are regular.