+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned

Re: Wales target for 5,000 tests a day abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just been reading about another Welsh health worry .

Sepsis cases are very high in Wales, didn't realise it was such a killer claiming around 37k a year within the UK .
    Even more at the moment with many too scared to go to hospital with symptoms.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’ve said previously, I don’t think any of the UK governments have done well at the handling and management of the crisis. There are a number of factors for that which have all been discussed so I’m not going to go over old ground. What particularly is concerning though is a number of decisions may have been undertaken due to political ideology, laziness and a rather misjudged attitude to any facts presented to them, rather than common sense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52369916
    We just need to move very professionally on to the next level of track and trace like they do in Germany and China etc....for lockdown to end we need this to be in place and go at it very aggressively. Hopefully then it won’t be able to rear it’s ugly head again.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We just need to move very professionally on to the next level of track and trace like they do in Germany and China etc....for lockdown to end we need this to be in place and go at it very aggressively. Hopefully then it won’t be able to rear it’s ugly head again.
    I fully agree with what you say.

It's the initial blasé, apathetic and in all honesty conceited attitude to the pandemic that grips me. The fact the respective UK governements are still proverbially pissing in the wind in some aspects to control the crisis is concerning. The only hope I have is that this will be a massive learning curve and we're not in this position again if such a crisis occurs again (probably wishful thinking).

It's striking the differnce between ourselves and Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Seems like you are making a party political argument. For what it's worth, I believe the Welsh Assembly and Government is better than the Westminster Parliament and Government, but I'm not making a political type argument I'm just responding to your observations.
    So who out of the Conservatives in the UK and Labour in Wales was I favouring in what I said?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So who out of the Conservatives in the UK and Labour in Wales was I favouring in what I said?
    You weren't, Bob. You made a valid and neutral point. Everyone else who read your post can see what your message was. Unfortunately, Trampie is so entrenched in his pro-Wales/anti-England views that you can guess the content of his posts before reading them.

For what it's worth, I believe the Conservative Government of the UK have made a very poor job of dealing with the virus over the last three months or more, but anyone hoping to make a party political type argument by favourably comparing how the Labour Government in Wales have done with it is taking on a very tough, possibly impossible, task.
    Seems like a very pro Conservative post to me, you single out Labour in Wales, what do you mean by 'by favourably comparing how the Labour Government in Wales have done with it is taking on a very tough, possibly impossible, task" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You weren't, Bob. You made a valid and neutral point. Everyone else who read your post can see what your message was. Unfortunately, Trampie is so entrenched in his pro-Wales/anti-England views that you can guess the content of his posts before reading them.
    I don't have pro Wales and anti England views per se.

Seems like a very pro Conservative post to me, you single out Labour in Wales, what do you mean by 'by favourably comparing how the Labour Government in Wales have done with it is taking on a very tough, possibly impossible, task" ?
    I think there are those on here who would know that it was a first for me if it really was a very pro Conservative post .

I think there are those on here who would know that it was a first for me if it really was a very pro Conservative post .
    What did your post mean then ?

International

I don't have pro Wales and anti England views per se.

Trampie, I dont want to interfere but you did read TOBW post?

You're seeing things which are just not here butt.

That they were both as bad as one and other.

Oh God, I wish I hadn't bothered!

That they were both as bad as one and other.

Oh God, I wish I hadn't bothered!
    Well you should have just said that in the first place then.😄

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I would never compare a donkey to Alun 'cover-up' Cairns.
    Issit a donkey with a coat over it’s head and one finger inserted into a certain royal personage

It meant that that both Governments have f**ked it up, therefore it's difficult to use one of them as an example to beat the other with. It's there clear as day.