+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Global Oil Crash

Global Oil Crash

Now is the time to officially start worrying, we are rapidly heading towards unchartered territory.

Re: Global Oil Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Now is the time to officially start worrying, we are rapidly heading towards unchartered territory.
    Price of beer is stable. Time for a new currency. Oil is so yesterday.

I may have jumped the gun here, it looks like it's all under control and and the price will remain negative for a month, but nothing surprises me anymore!

Fresh water is the next big thing commodity wise and Wales has got it.

Unfortunately, lots of it is owned by English water boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    Cuba expropriated American owned companies and properties on their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    Independence followed by compulsory purchase, problem solved

The Deepwater Horizon spill cost BP £50 billion, they're back in profit now, think the oil compainies will manage for a while.

I may have jumped the gun here, it looks like it's all under control and and the price will remain negative for a month, but nothing surprises me anymore!
    Futures for May, but with the glut and demand (lack of) over the next couple of months or so there is only so much storage!!!, will Tesco be giving us a free tank and a £50 voucher every-time we fill up

Forgive my ignorance, but haven't we already been in unchartered territory for at least a month?

International

I think this is a conspiracy to make people think fuel is going to be cheap for ever so everyone buy motors with huge gas guzzling engines and then they'll ram the price up. Trump and Putin are in it together. They started the virus ourbreak to cover their tracks.

No oil producer is going to export theirs for anything approaching $0. But if demand for it doesn't return in a big way then the economies of many Middle East countries, Russia and more besides will crumble. A good way to create demand would be to engineer WW3. If a huge conflict does develop we must hope all combatants observe social distancing rules.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    No oil producer is going to export theirs for anything approaching $0. But if demand for it doesn't return in a big way then the economies of many Middle East countries, Russia and more besides will crumble. A good way to create demand would be to engineer WW3. If a huge conflict does develop we must hope all combatants observe social distancing rules.

in the trade it's called "fire and forget" FAF

Sounds interesting maybe you could write a thread about it on the politics forum, title it Oil Refinement Plantdemic maybe?

A barrel of oil was $3 yesterday. A gallon of petrol was still over $2.

Sometimes I cannot work out whether your posts are satire or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There was always an argument put forward that WW2 was a cunning idea to get the US out of a depression. This argument is then rehashed whenever there is a hint of a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Independence followed by compulsory purchase, problem solved
    BOOM!

It blows my mind that this has to be pointed out to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The last line was tongue-in-cheek. The rest wasn't. The world emerged from the 1930s Great Depression with the outbreak of WW2. Suddenly jobs for all became available.

Have a gander at this very short book: War Is A Racket by Major General Smedley Butler https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf

Butler was one of the U.S.' most decorated soldiers and atypical of lunatic, crackpot conspiracy theorists.

He's the same Smedley Butler who in 1933, the same year Hitler came to power, was approached by ultra wealthy U.S. businessmen to lead a fascist coup to overthrow the US government. It became known as the Business Plot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot but was soon forgotten and Hollywood's in no hurry to remind anyone.

This link provides more background: The Little-Known Story Of The Wall Street Scheme To Launch A Fascist Coup In America https://allthatsinteresting.com/the-business-plot

A reasonable petrol price at the pump would be 95p a litre after allowing for tax and margin for companies.
    For anybody out there using their vehicle regularly you are being shafted by the big oil companies and supermarkets.
    A petrol regulator like they have in Northern Ireland is needed over the rest of the UK.

Oil companies are infact paying countries yo take the oil off their hands as they have no room to store it.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Oil companies are infact paying countries yo take the oil off their hands as they have no room to store it.
    It's times like this that I wish I had a secure 1,000 square kilometre estate.